Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looking over needs and the Redskin's position, it seems obvious that they would easily benefit from trading back. While having an elite pass rusher is good there are holes throughout the entire roster and many of those needs could be addressed near the end of the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm, I don't see much more out there for NTs and the Packer hive-mind is absent, so Round 2 might be tough.

Also, I'm going to Manhattan this weekend and probably won't have internet access so don't go too fast, I won't be able to pick until Monday.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fenrir posted:

Hmm, I don't see much more out there for NTs and the Packer hive-mind is absent, so Round 2 might be tough.

Also, I'm going to Manhattan this weekend and probably won't have internet access so don't go too fast, I won't be able to pick until Monday.

Have fun. I doubt the draft's going to move that fast. Hive Mind says more weapons for Rodgers.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Well, standard practice is to replace a departed receiver with another immediate star, but Cobb came back, so... :shrug:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
pick is in

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Atticus Finch posted:

Honestly, I wanted to pick Maxx Williams since Peters got yanked.

Williams rules but I honestly think people over value the combine to the point that he could be there in the 2nd. Especially with the ammo Baltimore has to trade up with.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Man. I knew my second pick was key cause all mah dudes to follow would be poached but man. Dwindling.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I didn't see an attractive pass rusher which is what I wanted but I'm more than happy to get Clemmings in the second. OL was a big need.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

wandler20 posted:

I didn't see an attractive pass rusher which is what I wanted but I'm more than happy to get Clemmings in the second. OL was a big need.

You missed a gem I was hoping you would.

e: although Clemmings is a great value pick

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 20, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

nice pick smith was a guy i was considering

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

warcrimes posted:

I considered him but I honestly I don't know enough about Smith and I like Clemmings a lot.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Metapod posted:

nice pick smith was a guy i was considering

He needs to be coached up to be a better pass rusher but reminds me a lot , physically, of JPP. Is very strong with long arms and very athletic for a big guy- had the combine's best 3-cone and 60-yard shuttle, and less importantly, best 40 time and broad jump, for DL-men. Won out the BPA over Maxx Williams and coincidentally is Daniel Jeremiah's 35th ranked prospect, which is exactly where I picked.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

wandler20 posted:

Clemmings in the 2nd is a steal, and it's hard to go wrong with solid lineman. Speaking of which...

edit: just give me ALL THE FLORIDA DUDES. Watch me take Quinton Dunbar next.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Godammit.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 20, 2015

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Forever_Peace posted:

Clemmings in the 2nd is a steal, and it's hard to go wrong with solid lineman. Speaking of which...

edit: just give me ALL THE FLORIDA DUDES. Watch me take Quinton Dunbar next.

The amazing thing about Florida's offensive line is that it was so individually talented, yet absolutely terrible as a group.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

FWIW there should be a player available at your spot that would be a justifiable reach.

Also, for those interested, the little aggregate big board I made still identifies one remaining clear first round pick that would be pretty good value at this point.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

GREAT pick, zimbomonkey

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
To quote another New Yorker, Eli Harold was a situation where need met value. In another year he could easily be a mid-late first round pick. Good pass rusher, can spell Pace if the old man needs it or even replace Coples if need be.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
So I've got two options here if anyone doesn't mind picking for me after Beer does? I'm going to be heading out for a few hours in about 30, I can send you my two choices in PM.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Forever_Peace posted:

FWIW there should be a player available at your spot that would be a justifiable reach.

Also, for those interested, the little aggregate big board I made still identifies one remaining clear first round pick that would be pretty good value at this point.

I have an idea who it is and I'm hoping he drops to me. I'll take a chance on that dude.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

KettleWL posted:

So I've got two options here if anyone doesn't mind picking for me after Beer does? I'm going to be heading out for a few hours in about 30, I can send you my two choices in PM.

I don't have pm but I'm pretty sure you can email me through our shared league. You're welcome to if nobody else is able. Just give me your choice for players in order and I'll give you the highest.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

KettleWL posted:

I have PM and would be willing to make the pick for you.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

I don't have pm but I'm pretty sure you can email me through our shared league. You're welcome to if nobody else is able. Just give me your choice for players in order and I'll give you the highest.

Sent, thanks man.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

KettleWL posted:

Sent, thanks man.

Nice choices. Got you covered.

edit: oh hey, Beer was quick if you're still around.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Selected. Defenses win championships, right?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Selected. Defenses win championships, right?

It would be necessary for your team to have a defense, yes.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I really like everyone's second round choices so far

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I am clueless who to take at the point. My draft board was just slaughtered.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Alright Kettle I'm assuming you are away, so here I go on your behalf.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Just don't touch Kyle Christy, I need him for my Florida reunion team. And also punters are rad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This is a loving MC Escher tackle.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I've got six players targeted in round two, and just seven picks to go. I likes my chances :dance:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Take a long snapper

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

I've got six players targeted in round two, and just seven picks to go. I likes my chances :dance:

Don't worry, they'll all be gone.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I had wanted an OT in round 1 originally but after Parker fell that far I had a change of mind. Now Peat, Humphries, Clemmens, Flowers are all gone as is Diggy who I was hoping to drop to R2 to me. I knew that second pick was vital but man.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Alright Kettle I'm assuming you are away, so here I go on your behalf.

Phone posting.thanks man!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I have no idea who the gently caress to draft now

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
haha, I'm in the same boat Zen. Good thing we don't get paid to do this for a living :)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Oh wait I think I have an idea, wish I knew more giants fans off-forum for a WAR ROOM DISCUSSION.

edit: If they don't like it :boom:

ZenVulgarity fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Was your idea to draft someone that was already drafted? LOL. He went at 30 to GB.

• Locked thread