Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
seriously though oakland is one of those patchwork cities - large parts of it are fine, even beautiful (lake merritt, the hills, etc.), but there are also large stretches of it that are, well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
she teaches children in those danger schools with the metal detectors and stuff. shes rly cool + nice and probably going 2 bcum a saint. they r originally from uh walnut creek

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

cant ppl just live in oakland?

this is what i did its nice oakland is nice

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

she teaches children in those danger schools with the metal detectors and stuff. shes rly cool + nice and probably going 2 bcum a saint. they r originally from uh walnut creek

your cousin sounds cool im glad shes my neighbor! :)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thks u2

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

walnut creek

shareware cd trigger warning pls

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

FMguru posted:

seriously though oakland is one of those patchwork cities - large parts of it are fine, even beautiful (lake merritt, the hills, etc.), but there are also large stretches of it that are, well...

yeah i avoid the autist part of town, too

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Rovio is toast

quote:

Mobile games maker Rovio reported its operating profit fell 73 percent last year due to a drop in its licensing business, a latest sign its breakthrough Angry Birds brand is losing its appeal.

Falling consumer product business, which includes toys, clothing and brand licensing, adds to the problems of the Finnish company, which has yet to see a repeat of the success of its original Angry Birds game launched in 2009.

Rovio said its 2014 operating profit fell to 10 million euros from 36.5 million in 2013 and 76.8 million in 2012.

Its total sales fell 9 percent last year to 158.3 million euros. Revenue from mobile games, however, increased 16 percent to 110.7 million euros as new games such as Jolly Jam and Angry Birds Stella Pop! helped its total annual downloads to reach 600 million.

“Sales of consumer by-products did not move according to expectations, and surely we are unsatisfied over the result of our licensing business,” CEO Pekka Rantala said in a statement.

Aiming to become an entertainment brand on a par with Walt Disney, Rovio has also expanded the Angry Birds brand into a spin-off TV series as well as educational playground concept, and is working on an animated movie, expected to premiere in 2016.

Rantala said he was confident about the future and promised to come out in the coming months with major partnership deals related to the movie.

Rovio has started to tailor its games to the Chinese market with help from Beijing Kunlun, and now plans to launch a new game only in Japan, the chief executive said.

The original Angry Birds game is the No.1 paid mobile application of all time, according to Rovio.

Last year, Rovio cut about 110 jobs, representing 14 percent of its workforce.

Reminder that Rovio has a $160,000,000 movie coming out next year. The future of the company rests on a movie based on a mobile game that came out 6 years prior and hasn't had a single new IP catch on.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
impressive just how big they thot theys britches were or something

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i guess its hard to see the horizon when you're blinded by the lightning in your bottle

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

is she single smythe?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FCKGW posted:

Rovio is toast

Reminder that Rovio has a $160,000,000 movie coming out next year. The future of the company rests on a movie based on a mobile game that came out 6 years prior and hasn't had a single new IP catch on.

100 million in revenue from mobile games still makes them a giant in their industry

they just have a dumb and bad cost structure. if they gave up on chasing walt disney, and focused on their core business, they'd be extremely profitable

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

is she single smythe?

no =/ sry

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"we just need to be like disney" *is extremely liberal with licensing, in complete opposition to Disney's policies* *trademark diluted to gently caress, nobody gives a poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

100 million in revenue from mobile games still makes them a giant in their industry

they just have a dumb and bad cost structure. if they gave up on chasing walt disney, and focused on their core business, they'd be extremely profitable

boss i think thats where the humor in this post lies. lays? :thejoke: etc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

no =/ sry

yo this is non-polyamorous-shaming as gently caress. maybe ask if she wants to spice things up a lil bit?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
polyarmory is fail just ask our friend dead inside dawrin

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
rovio is proof that investor storytime doesn't end when you go to public markets. the numbers just get bigger

rovio was a solidly profitable mobile game vendor, but investor storytime meant they had to justify ever greater stock valuations with insane gambles and dumb poo poo like a $100M movie. "BIGGER THAN DISNEY," she cackled.

i'm sure the execs are all sitting on big piles of rovio stock and want their 10X return

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

no =/ sry
oh well its probably for the best (for her)

how is your mom smythe?

im asking because you once said she would send you sweaters to wear and that is pretty :3: and i want to make sure that you are being good to your mom smythe

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
are you being good to your mom smythe?

when was the last time you called her?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

oh well its probably for the best (for her)

how is your mom smythe?

im asking because you once said she would send you sweaters to wear and that is pretty :3: and i want to make sure that you are being good to your mom smythe

shes good. we are going to cafe gratitude tomorrow. i found out its run by a cult kinda like The Source restaurant used to be be. she and dad are starting to get hype for NAB.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

shes good. we are going to cafe gratitude tomorrow. i found out its run by a cult kinda like The Source restaurant used to be be. she and dad are starting to get hype for NAB.
thats great smythe i hope you all have a very nice meal together

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

are you being good to your mom smythe?

when was the last time you called her?

aghhh :negative:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Jonny 290 posted:

"we just need to be like disney" *is extremely liberal with licensing, in complete opposition to Disney's policies* *trademark diluted to gently caress, nobody gives a poo poo

Are you telling me that these Angry Birds Star Wars Fruit Gummies are somehow not having a positive impact on their brand

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

thats great smythe i hope you all have a very nice meal together

thnx i usually get the FUERTE its this

YO SOY FUERTE
mexican torta 14
housemade tempeh chorizo, grilled panini bread, cilantro pumpkin seed pesto, heirloom tomato, lettuce, avocado, chipotle cashew cream, salsa verde, roasted tomatillo sauce, side of mexican coleslaw and radishes

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

rovio is following the minecraft path without the massive following and microsoft exit

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

FCKGW posted:

Rovio has started to tailor its games to the Chinese market with help from Beijing Kunlun, and now plans to launch a new game only in Japan, the chief executive said.

:confused:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

same thing rly. hell, I sure as heck can't tell em apart. Just some chingy chongy poo poo idk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

wow i thought we got rid of racism in the pos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

hmm, youre right

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Forums Terrorist posted:

Smythe posted:

same thing rly. hell, I sure as heck can't tell em apart. Just some chingy chongy poo poo idk

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Smythe posted:

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Smythe posted:

Proof that the dictatorship of smythe is cruel but fair.

vodkat fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 21, 2015

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Smythe posted:

:eyepop:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
no man is above the law

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Smythe posted:

make sure when you order you say "I'll have an I am Wholesome" or whatever their platitude menu item things are, just to mess with their system

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

FCKGW posted:

rovio is following the minecraft path without the massive following and microsoft exit

minecraft built a community on creativity and open servers anyone could run. it hit sperglords first and got children after

not really compatible with a mobile-first strategy. all walled-garden, all the fuckin time. you'll never reach the sperglords who mod things and host unix servers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

qntm posted:

no man is above the law

he is cruel but fair

• Locked thread