Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Do "most people" even know that Acura is actually just Honda in drag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

HotCanadianChick posted:

Three words: Self Machining Transmission :colbert:

Differentials and transmission cases aren't wear items?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I know a guy who drives an A7 and he's a really nice guy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Thanks for proving my point.

outside of the original S600 and the S2000 what sportscars are we talking about? I recognize the appeal of tarting up an existing chassis and racing it but I'm not going to pretend that makes it a sportscar.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Heh, thanks whoever spent 10 bucks. I like my new red title.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

BraveUlysses posted:

outside of the original S600 and the S2000 what sportscars are we talking about? I recognize the appeal of tarting up an existing chassis and racing it but I'm not going to pretend that makes it a sportscar.

NSX?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Are people really allowed to use NMS images in avatars?

It's not like people don't experience this every single day somewhere in America but today was just exceptionally bad around D.C. for people not turning their lights on in the rain during daytime. I don't care that it's 1pm, it's dark, raining, water on the highway is flying everywhere and you're in a dark grey Camry somewhere behind me I'm not sure where. Turn your lights on. I'll cop to making it about 70 yards from my house this morning before realizing my lights weren't on yet. I know it's the law at least in Maryland that if your wipers are on your headlights must be too, but the cops I saw obviously don't want to get out of their cars in the rain.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Valid point.

I would still guess most people would associate poorly modified econoboxes with the name Honda long before the NSX or S2k.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I had two incredible things happen today, in the morning someone was right behind me with their high beams on. I flashed my rear fog a couple of times, they turned their high beams off.

Driving home today the guy next to me was on his phone. I made the phone sign at him and shook my head, he put his phone down and mouthed the word sorry.

:psyboom:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cakefool posted:

I had two incredible things happen today, in the morning someone was right behind me with their high beams on. I flashed my rear fog a couple of times, they turned their high beams off.

I don't believe this.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

BraveUlysses posted:

Beyond the NSX, the ITR counts. It was that good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

Wait I liked your avatar nooo

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

veedubfreak posted:

Hahahaha, 'grats on the new red text.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Wait, someone thinks that the sentiment of wanting to kill people who text while driving at highway speeds is wrong?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

nm posted:

Beyond the NSX, the ITR counts. It was that good.

Not quite the same class, but CRX Si?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

InitialDave posted:

Wait, someone thinks that the sentiment of wanting to kill people who text while driving at highway speeds is wrong?

It's becoming a thing out here apparently. Sit in the left lane with your phone in your face while clogging up traffic. I have seen 3 separate people doing it just this week, so it's a bit fresh in my mind.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I'd like to drive a decent DC2-R some day - my sister in law had one for years but it had done a lot of kilometres on it's original suspension and never had anything but budget tyres on. Wasn't too impressive in that state.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Oddly enough, I guess someone finally figured out that there are a shitload of idiots texting and driving out here. You know those big led panels that they use for traffic warnings and stuff. On my home today, they now say "GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR APPS. ENFORCEMENT IS ON". Shame the fine for texting and driving is like 100 bucks, but god forbid you have a couple beers and get pulled over under the legal limit, you'll be in for a world of hurt. At least when someone is drunk and driving, they're at least still driving.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

veedubfreak posted:

Oddly enough, I guess someone finally figured out that there are a shitload of idiots texting and driving out here. You know those big led panels that they use for traffic warnings and stuff. On my home today, they now say "GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR APPS. ENFORCEMENT IS ON". Shame the fine for texting and driving is like 100 bucks, but god forbid you have a couple beers and get pulled over under the legal limit, you'll be in for a world of hurt. At least when someone is drunk and driving, they're at least still driving.

Why does being drunk preclude texting? If people are constantly texting while driving they'll probably continue to do that while drunk.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

veedubfreak posted:

I don't think you should be doing either?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

veedubfreak posted:

I came here to share that, it's all the way down I-70 in Colorado. I saw the first one near Eagle and thought it was awesome and didn't expect to see every single one after that flash the same message. I wanted a picture but felt like perhaps that wasn't a good idea.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GutBomb posted:

Why does being drunk preclude texting? If people are constantly texting while driving they'll probably continue to do that while drunk.

Oh, sorry, I was mostly annoyed that the fine for texting is so much smaller than dui, when texting is actually a hell of a lot more dangerous since you're basically careening down the highway at 55 with no one at the wheel vs a drunk that has at least some bit of awareness of the people in front of them.

tl:dr - treat texting the same as dui.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

Caught this rolling hemorrhoid yesterday at lunch and that's a dealer plate on it

Just in case anyone doesn't know, that started life as a Caddy Seville, which is a 4-door. Also a stretched Nova chassis, so it's unibody, with leaf springs. the only thing those Sevilles are good for is rear disk brakes and an Olds 350 with OEM EFI. And neither one of those is fantastic by any stretch.

GutBomb posted:

It probably would have gone much faster if you'd gone to an actual medical professional like a physical therapist instead of a purveyor of quackery and pseudoscience. Chiropractic is not a science and definitely should not be confused for "back doctor".

I'm sorry, I can't let this bullshit lie.
My sister is a chiropractor, and it most definitely IS science and medicine. The $$ she spent for school and loving doctorate she has are certainly real enough.
I know that there are shitheads out there who believe that adjusting one's back and neck is all you'll ever need for every medical issue ever, but that's not what actual chiropractic medical schools teach. That's delusional idiots/scam artists taking advantage of a lack of knowledge in the general public. Stop waving around that broad brush, please. You might as well dismiss all medical practice used before the 21st century or something.

Oh, yeah, those look like trustworthy publications.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Darchangel posted:

I'm sorry, I can't let this bullshit lie.
My sister is a chiropractor, and it most definitely IS science and medicine. The $$ she spent for school and loving doctorate she has are certainly real enough.
I know that there are shitheads out there who believe that adjusting one's back and neck is all you'll ever need for every medical issue ever, but that's not what actual chiropractic medical schools teach. That's delusional idiots/scam artists taking advantage of a lack of knowledge in the general public. Stop waving around that broad brush, please. You might as well dismiss all medical practice used before the 21st century or something.

Next you're going to tell us you're a scientologist and anti-vaxxer.

(Chiropractic's founder and early followers were heavily anti-vaccine and the founder briefly considered making it a religion after being arrested for practicing medicine without a license).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic_controversy_and_criticism

It's halfway between a physical therapist and a quack. Modern chiropractic schools often steer heavily away from the early teachings in an attempt to avoid controversy, but that doesn't mean it's not still rooted in quackery.

quote:

A study of California disciplinary statistics during 1997–2000 reported 4.5 disciplinary actions per 1000 chiropractors per year, compared to 2.27 for medical Doctors, and the incident rate for fraud was 9 times greater among chiropractors (1.99 per 1000 chiropractors per year) than among medical Doctors (0.20).

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Darchangel posted:

The $$ she spent for school and loving doctorate she has are certainly real enough.

same but for my university of phoenix online degree

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

joat mon posted:

Not quite the same class, but CRX Si?

A rust free, non-molested vtec CRX is worth five digits here. Buy them while you still can, they are precious irreplaceable jewels.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Slavvy posted:

A rust free, non-molested vtec CRX is worth five digits here. Buy them while you still can, they are precious irreplaceable jewels.

The US Si wasn't a VTEC though. In fact I don't think it even got the DOHC ZC like the Jap Si (SiR was the VTEC)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Oh, yeah, those look like trustworthy publications.

No bias due to family connections, right? :rolleyes:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 21, 2015

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

How...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

This is what modern v6s do if the oil isn't changed frequently, they sludge up. You need to run synthetic oil of the right spec and change every 6-10k.
Happens to toyotas and GMs as well.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fo3 posted:

This is what modern v6s do if the oil isn't changed frequently, they sludge up. You need to run synthetic oil of the right spec and change every 6-10k.

For 80,000 miles?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

veedubfreak posted:

tl:dr - treat texting the same as dui.

Along the lines of an ignition interlock for DUI, they should require anyone caught on their phone while driving to have a Faraday cage installed over their car.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

That is definitely not a 3.2 v6 in an audi tt. It does appear to be a jetta vr6 engine, so close enough I guess.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

jamal posted:

That is definitely not a 3.2 v6 in an audi tt. It does appear to be a jetta vr6 engine, so close enough I guess.

It certainly looks like it...?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

jamal posted:

That's what the TT had, because it's the same car.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Well audi/vw makes a regular v6 that is 3.2. And I didn't realize they put the vr6 in the tt.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fo3 posted:

I don't doubt that it could happen. But I'm suspicious that nowhere in 80k the owner thought to themselves "This thing ain't running like it used to, maybe I should have it looked at.:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

jamal posted:

Well audi/vw makes a regular v6 that is 3.2. And I didn't realize they put the vr6 in the tt.

I realized some time ago that VW has never made a transverse mounted V6 engine. :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dissss posted:

The US Si wasn't a VTEC though. In fact I don't think it even got the DOHC ZC like the Jap Si (SiR was the VTEC)

Oh. I'd still kill even for an ordinary one cause you could just stick a better engine in like legos.

jamal posted:

Yes so it's perfectly logical that, having their own v6 they would just put that in a platform-engineered car. And that said v6 would be useable in a FWD configuration. But it isn't, because they're stupid, so they can't, so they have to use VW's vr6 engine. Meanwhile VW can't use audi's v6 because their body shells aren't compatible with longditudinal drivetrains. All of this is perfectly logical in the VAG universe.