Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why exactly are Zunists, people who worshiped a Hindu sun god, in the pagan group instead of the Indian group? Is it just to make sure they're shortlived and get crushed by the neighboring organized religions 9 out of 10 times?

Well the Hindus in India saw it that way, but nothing I've seen on the subject (admittedly little) actually indicates the Zunists themselves gave any lipservice to the rest of the Hindu pantheon or the Vedas. And Hinduism itself is a pretty fuzzy and largely western concept to begin with. There's way more variation within Hinduism than there is between Islam and Christianity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is there a list of all the religions and cultures in the game? I'm out a computer for another month and any info I can get is nice since I'm living vicariously through this thread

e: basically I'd like to fiddle faddle in my head about doing something other than a Charlemagne start in Mumu which is all I've ever done

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 21, 2015

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Well, I just had an interesting... bug? Maybe?

One of my daughters turned out to be a lesbian. Ok, cool, honey, I respect your life choices, etc. So instead of marrying her off, I gave her a temple to run somewhere. Later that year, I called a Great Blot. After sacrificing a Byzantine Prince to Odin, I caught my lesbian daughter making out with one of my other daughters at the feast. Ok, whatever. Surprise! Somehow, my 16-year-old lesbian daughter is now my lover. :wtc:

I never set my character to seduce his own daughter, and I didn't even think that was a thing that was possible. There weren't any prompts or anything.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Is there a list of all the religions and cultures in the game? I'm out a computer for another month and any info I can get is nice since I'm living vicariously through this thread

e: basically I'd like to fiddle faddle in my head about doing something other than a Charlemagne start in Mumu which is all I've ever done

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Religion

Basque Messallians its a prochoice. Motherfucking devilworshipping matriarchy.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Schizotek posted:

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Religion

Basque Messallians its a prochoice. Motherfucking devilworshipping matriarchy.

Real dumb guy here forgetting every game has a fukkin wiki

Thanks tho friend

Shions of Qud

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Can someone point me to the RAM downloads?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

papersack posted:

Can someone point me to the RAM downloads?

sure

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Goons, since the OP seems a bit out of date, what's the current 'best' mod to use that doesn't stray too far from the original design of the game, something like CK2+ that is actually recently-updated and all?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Apoplexy posted:

Goons, since the OP seems a bit out of date, what's the current 'best' mod to use that doesn't stray too far from the original design of the game, something like CK2+ that is actually recently-updated and all?

Historical Immersion Project has a lot of fans (including myself), with a bunch of different modules of... varying quality. It comes with a neat installer that lets you pick and choose which ones you want. I recommend just Project Balance and EMF, but ARKO Armories is starting to grow on me too. Don't install VIET unless you're actually twelve years old, in which case dang, congrats on mastering this really complicated game.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 21, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
VIET is my No. 1 Animé Incest Toothbrushing Simulator that uses CK2 as a medium.

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
I'm currently doing a 769 Ireland run with Rebels and Warmongers, so far it's pretty good. Haven't run into any stupid VIET-style events yet and the combat system is pretty cool. Also, it doesn't do dumb poo poo like add extra counties everywhere or give cheat-level buffs.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Deific Presence posted:

Also, it doesn't do dumb poo poo like add extra counties everywhere or give cheat-level buffs.

Any mod that doesn't divide Sardinia into at least four counties is not worth your time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I love this game, but it has some issues. Chief of which is turning into a pile of molasses near the endgame, constant revolts and lack of challenges without having the Sunset Invasion mod.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why exactly are Zunists, people who worshiped a Hindu sun god, in the pagan group instead of the Indian group? Is it just to make sure they're shortlived and get crushed by the neighboring organized religions 9 out of 10 times?

I think it has something to do with how the Dharmic religions are handled by the game - the fact that you can switch freely between them, and various other benefits that apply to the group as a whole but not necessarily to the Zunists. Also I think if they were in the Dharmic group you would have to have RoI to play as them.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I got a glitch where my allies attacked me when I linked up. They're blue on the map yet they instantly massacred my men and tracked down the survivors. What gives?

e: Reloading fixed it but I lost the war because of it. It's Ironman too.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 22, 2015

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Mantis42 posted:

I got a glitch where my allies attacked me when I linked up. They're blue on the map yet they instantly massacred my men and tracked down the survivors. What gives?

e: Reloading fixed it but I lost the war because of it. It's Ironman too.

Restarting the game will fix most Ironman issues. I'm just running down the clock on my current game. Going for "Seven Centuries" and in six I've gotten pretty much every achievement I can get without totally destroying my game.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Shadeoses posted:

VIET is my No. 1 Animé Incest Toothbrushing Simulator that uses CK2 as a medium.

Viet is actually cool for its music packs. poo poo includes some choice tracks, and it doesn't break Ironman achievement runs.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Schizotek posted:

Since they're feudal that heavy infantry bonus is crazy good. I hold roughly three kingdoms worth of territory and can build a whopping three horse retinues. Whoopy dippy doo. But when I bring 10000 troops down on the Caliphs dick like a sledgehammer, that heavy infantry bonus is loving amazing.
Eh, I guess I'm still spoiled by pre-nerf Norse and their bonii.

Still, just change them to "Afghan Hillmen" or something goddammit. And that bloody Egyptian holy site. All the other stuff you can sorta debate around but that is just loving retarded.

Deific Presence posted:

Seriously though, why do only Norse AI raid, from my experience at least? That needs to be fixed.
That loving Ireland man. It had problems having things happening before but sweet jesus now it's even worse. They really need to have some sorta thing where after a certain point they discount tribal upgrades, it's really annoying. Or maybe have it discounted by rank? Eh.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Played as High chief Palemon of Lithuania and my second wife cheated on me with my son. In the final years of Palemon's reign, he plunged the chiefdom into chaos and infamy and everyone wanted him dead, but they couldn't manage to drown a senile 62 year old man and he died in his sleep just to spite them. :shepface:

This game is loving baller. I've got your "emergent gameplay" right here.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Okay, so I figured out which idea I wanted to pursue: 769 start, uniting all of Scandinavia together under one Danish ruler of Norse Pagan faith, then taking and converting Iberia at a later point. Eventually I'll convert my save to EU4 and keep on truckin', maybe even buying and continuing into Vicky2 after that. Problem is, I can't figure out where to start. Jylland and Sjaelland are really close to uniting with a simple death of a brother, but I don't know how, exactly, to get that to happen. So what do I do to start the process of murdering him via subterfuge?

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I really need to learn to check if the guy I'm trying to conquer has any allies both when I start to fabricate claims and when I actually go to war.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

So I'd thought I might try Ironman, get some achievements. Can someone tell me what the ever-loving gently caress is going on here?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Quantumfate posted:

So I'd thought I might try Ironman, get some achievements. Can someone tell me what the ever-loving gently caress is going on here?

Best guess is Norge won the war against England than lost to William the baster who died shortly after taking the throne. At which point someone unpopular took over and everyone revolted causing the kingdom to splinter. This is all aided by the fact that whoever took the throne of England probably didn't have any troops due to just being beaten by two different armies.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e: e: Nevermind, I vcan't make heads or tails of it. Norway clearly won at some point, and william didn't, yet Hardrada's line is not on the english throne.

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 22, 2015

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Excelzior posted:

e: e: Nevermind, I vcan't make heads or tails of it. Norway clearly won at some point, and william didn't, yet Hardrada's line is not on the english throne.

My guess would be either he white peaced or died during the war, which meant he didn't lose his claim and passed it onto his descendants, one of whom then had their claim pressed via faction or something

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I saw norway win, and then it shattered just after.

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
So I am in the beginning of a ruler-designer god-king of Ireland in the 769 start. Have all of Ireland and most of Scotland under my rule. Each of my many, many sons is a separate count, everything else (14 counties) is under my demense. Finally managed to switch over to feudalism, life is good, king is old. Switch to Tanistry, choose a strong, genius, well-educated grandson as my heir.

Scrolling through the available wives for him, find a strong, genius, well-educated woman. Hmm, she's a Sayyid, interesting. She's a Miaphysite Bedouin, cool. Next thing I notice, her dynasty name is Abbasid. She is the Caliph's daughter, and has claims on the empire, a sultanate, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not too familiar with the whole claims system, what is the best way to ensure that my dynasty becomes Irish kings of Arabia?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
So Norge wins and dies right after. Gavelkind kicks in and whoever gets England is immediately dethroned by a faction. There is no revolt because the faction % vs liege is huge.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Is there a list anywhere of all the "Sword of ____" titles you can get? Couldn't find one, and I was wondering if some of the weirder heresies got variants based on their beliefs.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I really shouldn't gave let my heir choose his wife, he chose a 41 year old woman and as such has no kids. Bringing up my piety (I've just taken control of him, my guy died quite young) for a divorce now. Thankfully my brother has an heir, a niece, but there's a severe shortage of men in our dynasty and as such I can't really expand any more as I'd need to hand out landed titles to male dynasty members who don't yet exist.

This is on the noob challenge of uniting Ireland in 1099, I have 3 counties in my demense and two more under my the care of my brother.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Dreylad posted:

Is there a list anywhere of all the "Sword of ____" titles you can get? Couldn't find one, and I was wondering if some of the weirder heresies got variants based on their beliefs.
I believe it just picks a random deity from your religion, so Sword of the Peacock Angel seems possible.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Deific Presence posted:

So I am in the beginning of a ruler-designer god-king of Ireland in the 769 start. Have all of Ireland and most of Scotland under my rule. Each of my many, many sons is a separate count, everything else (14 counties) is under my demense. Finally managed to switch over to feudalism, life is good, king is old. Switch to Tanistry, choose a strong, genius, well-educated grandson as my heir.

Scrolling through the available wives for him, find a strong, genius, well-educated woman. Hmm, she's a Sayyid, interesting. She's a Miaphysite Bedouin, cool. Next thing I notice, her dynasty name is Abbasid. She is the Caliph's daughter, and has claims on the empire, a sultanate, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not too familiar with the whole claims system, what is the best way to ensure that my dynasty becomes Irish kings of Arabia?

Even if you did you'd immediately be dethroned because you have like 200 - 1000 troops about now. A single count over there could steamroll your rear end. And since it's a womans claims you'd have to do it in a war. Soooo....find like 20000 troops and money to pay them and ferry them to the maindland. If you were far enough along and still tribal you could rack up a huge bank account raiding your own pope. But I don't think you'd have enough time before you lost the claims to get that much money.

A much more realistic solution is to marry a Byzantine princess to a son and make sure the Emperor loves you and answers a call to arms. Still going to explode a month in even if you succeed.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Deific Presence posted:

Stab until the Caliph (or whoever is in charge) is thrown into regency (most likely due to a child inheriting). Put up a 30k merc army and press it. If you win, kill your wife and yourself and your heir should get it all (assuming primogeniture). If you lose, kill your wife and yourself and your heir gets the claim so you can have another go at it during his reign. If you don't press the claim, you might not inherit it, so even if there's no chance on your current life, press, white peace or lose, and make some babies and money. Stab, press, and gently caress until victory.

BurntCornMuffin fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 23, 2015

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Games › Crusader Kings II: Stab, press, and gently caress until victory

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

So the GoT mod has white walkers now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Swedish Horror posted:

Euron is a White Walker confirmed.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Swedish Horror posted:

It's had that for a long time.

How come when I make the Empire of California Absolute Cognatic Elective and make my hot smart young wife my heir, I can't play as her when the old lecher dies? Isn't she "of my dynasty" because of her last name, or does it have to be blood?

I mean, I'm sure that's the answer but it's dumb.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Martello posted:

How come when I make the Empire of California Absolute Cognatic Elective and make my hot smart young wife my heir, I can't play as her when the old lecher dies? Isn't she "of my dynasty" because of her last name, or does it have to be blood?

Close blood relative or duke title holder. I am assuming a distant cousin is your wife? Give her a duchy.

EDIT: Probably has to be du jure too.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 23, 2015

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Martello posted:

Spouses keep their original dynasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Okay, so I figured out which idea I wanted to pursue: 769 start, uniting all of Scandinavia together under one Danish ruler of Norse Pagan faith, then taking and converting Iberia at a later point. Eventually I'll convert my save to EU4 and keep on truckin', maybe even buying and continuing into Vicky2 after that. Problem is, I can't figure out where to start. Jylland and Sjaelland are really close to uniting with a simple death of a brother, but I don't know how, exactly, to get that to happen. So what do I do to start the process of murdering him via subterfuge?

Shouldn't be too hard as anyone really. I united Scandinavia under Sigurd the Ring, on my first try. Take the "become King of Sweden" ambition, use its cassus belli conquer everyone in Sweden (mix in county holy wars where possible). If you're the first Norse to get a King title (may need lots of raiding to afford) you should be able to offer vassalization to every single Norse independent county. Most likely none of the others will even have formed a duchy. Once you have taken all the Norwegians as vassals, declare war on Denmark using your once-per-ruler subjugation cassus belli.

Unfortunately unless you live long enough to get an empire title, Elective Gavelkind will spllit your realm. Oh well, the way I see it that just means you get to do it all over again.

Personally I really wanted to play as Ragnar Lodbrok but he was killed in battle before he had a chance to inherit anything.

• Locked thread