Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
wreddit is a shining bastion of nuanced and great wrestling opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Mark Henry is incredibly good at doing wrestling promos, but he only gets ahold of a microphone about once every six months.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wooo posted:

ITT: We discuss the practicalities, positives & negatives of a Triangle Shaped Wrestling ring.

Now this is all theory now because I haven't seen one in any real-life application yet but I think if given enough surface area and bringing the turnbuckles further away from the post and corner you could compensate for the fall backs. I think with the loss of parallel ropes it'd be a disadvantage to the flashy high-flying and ring gymnastics but a solid technical match would benefit with a quicker pace of no rope rebounding and less room.

Wooo posted:

Two men
closer together
less room for filler
non-stop
more physiologic wrestling
more storytelling
less bullshit

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"More physiologic wrestling" is my favorite reason. It's by far the most cromulent.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

I thought they were and that's where Daniel "Turd" Bryan came from

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Nerokerubina posted:

Aren't they doing this with the IC title feud already? I mean the Truth is in the middle of that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Defiance Industries posted:

"More physiologic wrestling" is my favorite reason. It's by far the most cromulent.

I can't tell if he meant to say "More physical wrestling" or "More psychological wrestling".

Either way, they need to bring back I.R.S. but with a psychiatrist gimmick.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 15, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Mark Henry is incredibly good at doing wrestling promos, but he only gets ahold of a microphone about once every six months.

Which is only slightly more often than he wrestles.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

his fake retirement ceremony was loving phenomenal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This is because he only has one promo in him before getting injured again.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Skinty McEdger posted:

Aren't they doing this with the IC title feud already? I mean the Truth is in the middle of that.

Haha drat

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nerokerubina posted:

It's a link the creators of South Park did at a college about how writers should determine what happens next in their plot based on the words "but" and "therefore" instead of just going "and then" over and over.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/television/100000001039812/a-clip-from-stand-in.html?src=vidm

I don't regularly read reddit and i'm not the biggest fan of south park but it's a pretty decent point to make and especially relevant to how WWE tells its stories lately. It's you, you are the dumbass.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

It's a link the creators of South Park did at a college about how writers should determine what happens next in their plot based on the words "but" and "therefore" instead of just going "and then" over and over.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/television/100000001039812/a-clip-from-stand-in.html?src=vidm

I don't regularly read reddit and i'm not the biggest fan of south park but it's a pretty decent point to make and especially relevant to how WWE tells its stories lately. It's you, you are the dumbass.

South Park's latest season was the first one with real continuity and it was loving awful

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

wwes been terrible for years so I guess they have plenty in common with south park

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

South Park's latest season was the first one with real continuity and it was loving awful

The fact that it used continuity wasn't the problem, it was that it wasn't very funny, especially since other seasons have used continuity when it suited them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The fact that it used continuity wasn't the problem, it was that it wasn't very funny, especially since other seasons have used continuity when it suited them.

I dunno, I thought that last season was pretty funny but the final two episodes were loving garbage that bought the entire season down.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

south park is a bad show but at least there is a beginning middle and end to just about every episode which is more than you can say for any episode of raw or any one of the stories/feuds on a macro level

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Counterpoint: South Park is a good show and last season was fine.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's solid creative advice regardless of who it comes from or whether you like their product.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MetsFan's got the scoops, brother.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

:vince:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Remember, guys, this Dave Meltzer kid ain't got nothing on experienced wrestling reporter MetsFan

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2zizo0/wrestling_observer_says_metsfan_news_isnt_accurate/

quote:

I feel it's a tactic to try and devalue his word. Mets only wants to keep people in the loop, even if its true or false. He reports what he hears.

quote:

Or you could stop trying to discredit the poor guy. Jesus Christ just leave him alone.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The top comment on that thread is also really dumb.

How are "Brock Lesnar is very close to agreeing to a new contract" and "WWE hopes Lesnar signs a new contract on Monday but negotiations are the same as they were weeks ago" in any way "the same statement".

God drat that's a bunch of quotation marks

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
lol

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ahaha holy poo poo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tell me the WWE social media guys responded by linking to Flair vs Fujinami on the Network?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
should have just linked one night in chyna, would be a better explanation

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

#standupforchyna

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They should induct the Va-Chyna tshirt instead.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
That's one of my favorite recent ones.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A little birdy in Stamford told me that Brock Lesnar may sign a new contract with the WWE, but that he also may not. This is 100%. One of those things will happen.

- Every Metsfan post ever

Oh my god, Metsfan, you're such an insider, you're so cool!

- Every positve post made about Metsfan. (smurf account.)

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I wonder if Japan has a YakultSwallowsfan4ever equivalent who posts puro scoops.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I saw a post on Wreddit trying to be a SUPER SLAM MAJOR OWN ZONE thing on how WWE botched Reigns' push and I think I blew my corneas out from rolling my eyes so much right around when they were whining about Reigns winning a Slammy and how he says he'll be the first NXT guy to win the WWE Title because "he wasn't there that long"

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Daniel Bryan was an original nxt dude and won the title :colbert:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yes but it wasn't HHH's NXT so it doesn't count OKAY

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also, spending time in FCW doesn't count because...it wasn't on the Network and worthy of sending fruit baskets.

Man now that I think about it if Roman were on NXT he'd be screwed because HHH would just keep him down there for the internet ego stroking

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Nut Bunnies posted:

they were whining about Reigns winning a Slammy

That was a shoot poll result, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

That was a shoot poll result, wasn't it?

Yeah.