Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
So, I'm crazy. I've kinda been doing something similar with images collected from each iteration of this thread plus digging through deviantart and other messageboards. I developed a fairly batshit filing scheme:

F20
>Items
>>Armor
>>Heraldry
>>Vehicles
>>Weapons
>People
>>Full armor
>>Humanoid
>>>Aquatic
>>>Chlorophilic
>>>Man-animals
>>>>Ape
>>>>Avian
>>>>Canid/Fenris
>>>>Deer/Antlered
>>>>Equine/Centaur
>>>>Foxes/Bunnies
>>>>Gnoll/Hyena
>>>>Goats/Satyrs
>>>>Insect/Arach
>>>>Leonine/Felis
>>>>Minotaur
>>>>Reptil/Amphib
>>>>Rodent
>>>>Tusked
>>>>Ursine
>>>Cthonioid/Illithid
>>>Fairy
>>>Gnomes/Halflings
>>>Kobold
>>>Myconid
>>>Ogres/Giants
>>>Orc/Troll
>>>Undead
>>>>Ghoul/Fleshed
>>>>Phantasmal
>>>>Skeletal
>>>>Vamps
>>Men
>>>Archer/Ranged
>>>Heavy Armor
>>>>Clerics, crusaders
>>>Light or no armor
>>>No shirt/bare midriff
>>>>Missing key armor portions
>>>Non-com
>>Mounted
>>>Horses
>>>not horses
>>Pair/group
>>>Battling
>>>coexisting
>>>lineup
>>>Tavern or throne scene
>>Women
>>>Archer/Ranged
>>>Heavy Armor
>>>Light or no armor
>>>Non-com

have similar folders for these categories, too:

Historical
Horror
Magical
Sci-Fi

some ~8500 images or so. I wish there was a good way to make sure I wouldn't be uploading duplicates, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

some ~8500 images or so. I wish there was a good way to make sure I wouldn't be uploading duplicates, though.

Nice!

I can bulk upload stuff and it should tag the images with the names of the subfolders they are on but I don't know what happens with multiple subfolders like that, we could test it.

As for duplicates, it hashes every image and checks that hash vs all the hashes it has so far which catches duplicates of the exact same file but not necessarily every image since the hash can change if they were saved as another file type or resized or passed through some types of image viewers.

To do a bulk upload I need to get your collection somehow, what's the total size? The overlap from these threads will mean ~5k will be duplicates but the hash check should check those.. I hope. Can test that before doing the full upload.

edit: I tested it and it will gather all the folder names leading up to an image and apply that as tags. So I could bulk upload your collection and it'll be tagged properly if the folders are named by tag. Then poor Crotch won't have a stroke.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 21, 2015

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Nice!

I can bulk upload stuff and it should tag the images with the names of the subfolders they are on but I don't know what happens with multiple subfolders like that, we could test it.

As for duplicates, it hashes every image and checks that hash vs all the hashes it has so far which catches duplicates of the exact same file but not necessarily every image since the hash can change if they were saved as another file type or resized or passed through some types of image viewers.

To do a bulk upload I need to get your collection somehow, what's the total size?

Looks like 3.08 gigs, 8,844 files, 273 folders. Send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Too honor page 69, post the most ins anely sexy fantasy babes you got

Actually post dudes

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I've been thinking about how to handle those tags because we do have a few which are emerging sort of like "classes". I'm noticing a lot of stuff tagged fighter (I aliased warrior to that tonight), ranger, wizard (mage is aliased to this now), witch, spellcaster, cleric and so on. Maybe we should settle on a list of archetypes to stick to and alias everything related back to those? Any thoughts?

Having more tags isn't a bad thing like having both wizard and spellcaster means we can tag all sorts of stuff with spellcaster which aren't really fitting for wizards.

Would it be possible to set things up such that tagging something with a specific tag automatically adds on the more general tag (rather than outright replacing it)? For example, a picture tagged with 'saber' automatically also gets 'sword' and/or 'weapon.'

I can definitely think of instances where, for example, somebody who wants a picture of a spellcaster would be very happy with a warlock but somebody else really specifically wants a DnD warlock or whatever.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Nothing to add but this

:69snypa:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Androc posted:

Would it be possible to set things up such that tagging something with a specific tag automatically adds on the more general tag (rather than outright replacing it)? For example, a picture tagged with 'saber' automatically also gets 'sword' and/or 'weapon.'

I can definitely think of instances where, for example, somebody who wants a picture of a spellcaster would be very happy with a warlock but somebody else really specifically wants a DnD warlock or whatever.

Can do that using the alias system. By setting for example "wizard" to "wizard spellcaster" it will put both tags if someone tries to tag with just "wizard". You can still search "spellcaster" or "wizard" separately. Then "spellcaster" is a blanket tag covering every possible type of character who uses magic.

So we could have:

wizard -> wizard spellcaster
mage -> wizard spellcaster
sorcerer -> sorcerer spellcaster
sorceress -> sorcerer spellcaster
witch -> witch spellcaster
warlock -> warlock spellcaster
druid -> druid spellcaster

Any others?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cleric, necromancer, lich.

EDIT: For that matter, there's a whole host of poo poo you could attach "undead" to...

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Hmm, after testing a bit there is some weirdness when trying to alias one tag into two. I'll look for a better option.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Site has had 129 unique visitors since I started keeping track... like 13 hours ago.

Crotch and Rykka are moderators by the way. Rykka doesn't post on SA much but he's reading this thread. If you report images they will see it. They also have access to a mass tagging tool and the alias settings.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 21, 2015

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
your site is great, but should I stop checking this thread for cool pics if all it's going to be is chat about your site?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

starkebn posted:

your site is great, but should I stop checking this thread for cool pics if all it's going to be is chat about your site?

Considering that we're just on the other side of launch, I don't think this amount of chat is obscene or anything. However, there's no reason the two can't peacefully coexist. This thread allows for specifics that the search does not. There's still a ton of artwork out there that may not be uploaded, fr'ex the weird mounts request.

Let's do our best to keep this thread on track while also keeping our handy tool robust.

WiredNavi
Jun 21, 2013

caw caw motherfuckers
Don't know if this has been asked for yet (I'm about 14 pages in to the thread) but:

Looking for pictures of people or places with a Western genre feel (frontier towns, duels at high noon, gunslingers, etc. ), but with swords/magic/armor. Preferably no guns.

There's a picture like this in the D&D 5th ed DMG with wandslinging sorcerers protecting a wagon train but I'll be darned if I can find it online.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

WiredNavi posted:

Don't know if this has been asked for yet (I'm about 14 pages in to the thread) but:

Looking for pictures of people or places with a Western genre feel (frontier towns, duels at high noon, gunslingers, etc. ), but with swords/magic/armor. Preferably no guns.

There's a picture like this in the D&D 5th ed DMG with wandslinging sorcerers protecting a wagon train but I'll be darned if I can find it online.

e: There are some nice black and white pieces on the last page that you might like.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 22, 2015

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Too honor page 69, post the most insanely sexy fantasy babes you got

As you wish. :nws:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Too honor page 69, post the most ins anely sexy fantasy babes you got

Actually post dudes

Read this. :nws:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WiredNavi posted:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Page 69 be damned, I've been looking for art of people in black tie attire and I'm just coming up blanks. Anyone got art of men in nice black suits and women in cocktail dresses (preferably also black)?

Bonus points if you have art of a sexy black man in said suit. Even more bonus points if he's wearing a bowtie instead of a tie. Super extra bonus points if he's wearing glasses. I promise you this is in fact for RPG purposes and not an extremely specific fetish. ;)

P.S. Here's some pix for all y'all https://www.pinterest.com/mauxdemer/

Wol fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 24, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

I don't know if anyone even wants this but I had an idea for an image site just for RPG images with tags as a resource for DMing and finding portraits. I finally set one up after discovering software that does pretty much exactly that. You can put in for example: "fantasy cleric mace male" and that should, once all the images are tagged, show every male cleric looking dude with a mace.

The content is just the folder of stuff I have saved from the past 3 incarnations of this thread (I'm not fully caught up on this one though). Might be a few duplicates.

Is this something people like and might use? I could use help tagging things if so. If you want to upload pics or edit tags you can make an account. Also let me know how well it works, or doesn't work if there is a problem.

http://ragea.net/rpgimg

Wee Tinkle Wand you are a Gentleman and a Scholar :tipshat:

I'll upload my collection when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Hobbit>>>Halfing and (shudder) Kender>>>Halfling are obvious aliasing options.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 24, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Wol posted:

Page 69 be damned, I've been looking for art of people in black tie attire and I'm just coming up blanks. Anyone got art of men in nice black suits and women in cocktail dresses (preferably also black)?

Bonus points if you have art of a sexy black man in said suit. Even more bonus points if he's wearing a bowtie instead of a tie. Super extra bonus points if he's wearing glasses. I promise you this is in fact for RPG purposes and not an extremely specific fetish. ;)

P.S. Here's some pix for all y'all https://www.pinterest.com/mauxdemer/

Black man in a suit with a bowtie:

I don't think that counts as sexy, but I won't judge you either way.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Pillars of eternity drops tomorrow/today. I'm looking for a quiet, reserved or bookish young mage/scholar dude. The kind with a faustian passion to know that screams out "Sicut Eritis Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hm. I... don't really have much in that arena. Closest I got is this:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Quantumfate posted:

Pillars of eternity drops tomorrow/today. I'm looking for a quiet, reserved or bookish young mage/scholar dude. The kind with a faustian passion to know that screams out "Sicut Eritis Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Quantumfate posted:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Quantumfate posted:

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 27, 2015

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

:stare:

Helloooooo next character. Don't care what I'm playing, that's it.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Weapon focus: Hats.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
necks of steel

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Please tell me C3PO and R2D2 guys are from Hidden Fortress (I haven't seen it)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

starkebn posted:

Please tell me C3PO and R2D2 guys are from Hidden Fortress (I haven't seen it)

Sadly no, those guys look like peasant farmers instead of monks. Neither is "Luke", who isn't in The Hidden Fortress and isn't clearly Toshiro Mifune's hiding General.

Believe it or not, the influence of The Hidden Fortress tends to be overstated. The plots are almost nothing alike. For instance, the "hidden fortress" of the title refers to hiding princess' smuggled fortune that she and the General hopes to rebuild her clan.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 29, 2015

starkebn
May 18, 2004

It's something I've been meaning to watch for a while, more for Mifune than the alleged Star Wars connection though. I just though it would be excellent if the artist had ribbed a little bit using that connection.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Today I drew a snake lady! Maybe someone will have a use for it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Looking for female wrestling managers, in a retro-1950s way that says "greaser" and not "THOUSANDS OF GREAT HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!"

Something like these:

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 29, 2015

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Golden Bee posted:

Looking for female wrestling managers, in a retro-1950s way that says "greaser" and not "THOUSANDS OF GREAT HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!"

Something like these:

Might want to ask the wrestling picture thread in Punchsport Pagoda. There are goons there with pretty big archives of pictures that should have something for you.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Well, Cherry pretty much was what you describe.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Try looking up "Rockabilly" for more.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Prepare yourself for a ton of fat girls covered in ugly tattoos, though.

Fake edit: well actually that's more "burlesque" (lol) but I'm sure there is plenty of crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Delisious Dungeon ask the important question. Can we eat it?