Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

NIGHT GULF

A movie about a secret surfing club comprised of middle aged men near the Gulf of Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Thwomp posted:

They might not in the near future if the new rumor of an Apple TV with an app store comes true.

It'd be a backdoor Apple game console so I'm sure the market for MFI controllers would really take off then.

As if an apple TV is going to change the ios gaming landscape.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

As if an apple TV is going to change the ios gaming landscape.

I'm not saying it'll change the whole landscape, but if you're playing games on your tv you'll want a controller (i suppose an iPhone will work in a pinch). Hence, an expansion of the market for MFI controllers that don't suck.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Kenny Logins posted:

First rule: you do not talk about FILCH oval office.
Second rule: you DO NOT talk about FILCH oval office!

excellent.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

VideoGameVet posted:

OK,

Update to Stick Figure Movie Trivia is live.

We pulled back the ad frequency (no ads on main menu screen) and added Text Hints, Skip, Ask A Friend, Levels and an option to turn off ads.

Players were getting stuck on puzzles, so the text hints are pretty decent clues (beyond just revealing a letter etc.)

(almost 40% of the players were getting stuck on this one)

Update: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-figure-movie-trivia/id960795764?mt=8

BITCH NIGG

A movie about a dude who goes to jail and gets raped 24/7, but upon release, he realizes that they were simply men who didn't know how to use their words, so he forms a company: Non-Inmates Grammatical Growth

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

Pocket Mine chat - anyone here clear the last level of Olympus yet? If so, how the heck did you manage to pull that off?

I have a build that has the guy who drops grenades whenever he opens a box along with pick durability and some stuff that's good for clearing lots of stuff (bigger/more bombs, explosive coal and some okay gear that also adds to that stuff). That got me to the bottom with moves to spare.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

VideoGameVet posted:

OK,

Update to Stick Figure Movie Trivia is live.

We pulled back the ad frequency (no ads on main menu screen) and added Text Hints, Skip, Ask A Friend, Levels and an option to turn off ads.

Players were getting stuck on puzzles, so the text hints are pretty decent clues (beyond just revealing a letter etc.)

(almost 40% of the players were getting stuck on this one)

Update: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-figure-movie-trivia/id960795764?mt=8

Just started playing this. Got stuck for a minute on 'The Godfather' which is in the game as 'God Father'.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

The Pell posted:

Just started playing this. Got stuck for a minute on 'The Godfather' which is in the game as 'God Father'.

Yes a few pages back (behind the ever-present complaining of the state of iphone gaming, and game-code posts) goons were complaining that this game, which is constantly advertised here, can't even get the titles of movies correct, among other complaints. Looks like that particular complaint wasn't fixed in the update.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cost to upgrade pick from 195 to 200 hits: $30,000
Cost to upgrade pick from 200 to 205 hits: ~$500,000

Way to kill my interest in the game, Pocket Mine folks.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
Farm artifacts from now until eternity! You just need Crate Radar, Extra Crates, and Artifact Crates. I get about two dozen artifacts per run, of which admittedly over half are common ones. Still, it's pretty cheap to upgrade. Get pumped for all the Pet Bat legendary cards you'll pick up (why is that card purple? dear lord it's terrible. same with pet ghost :negative:)

It is pretty hard to get deeper, especially when you break the 250m mark and 3 hit / 4 hit blocks become way more prevalent. I'm considering taking Super Strength, but improving explosives might be better. On that note, everyone should try Extra Bomb Power -- every other explosive upgrade is kind of pants (though I think extra grenades make the additional grenades have longer fuses, making them actually useful?) but they really shred through the ground when boosted.

Did a gimmick run with explosive coal + about 300% more coal blocks and coal industry but it was underwhelming. Past around 100m coal really dries up and the return on coal is terrible so I was still making less with even a bomb build.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

DaveWoo posted:

Honestly, I thought this post was gonna happen sooner than this. PM2 must be pretty good.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

DaveWoo posted:

Way to kill my interest DaveWoo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Uh I don't think these numbers are right. Where are you seeing that?

It's 30k to go from 190 to 195

As far as I have read the pick only goes up to 200 then you have to prestige it which takes it back to level 1. From there it would cost you 450k to go from 1 back to 200.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RoboCicero posted:

(why is that card purple? dear lord it's terrible. same with pet ghost :negative:)

Same with Dark Pact. This card was the only card I would always reroll if I got in the original, and it's still the only card where I reroll if I get it.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
Dark Pact!!! It was already really bad because half the time it'd explode and damage a stone wall or something, but now it's, uh, unchanged, so it's still bad. With the number of explosives you can dump into your mind it's so underwhelming. Even if it didn't damage the pick it'd still be bad because you're comparing it against +100% more bomb crates which will do more for you than exploding every 5th hit.

Also I got a sweet legendary headpiece that says "2% chance to emit a shockwave of power 4", only it doesn't seem to actually do anything other than produce an "emitting circles" graphic. Anyone know what this means?

MarcusSA posted:

Uh I don't think these numbers are right. Where are you seeing that?
Could be an AB test -- half the users are in a more lenient upgrade cost cycle and half aren't.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

RoboCicero posted:

Also I got a sweet legendary headpiece that says "2% chance to emit a shockwave of power 4", only it doesn't seem to actually do anything other than produce an "emitting circles" graphic. Anyone know what this means?
It'll pop 4 powers worth of blocks in whatever direction (down I assume). If it's a strong block you won't see much.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

As far as I have read the pick only goes up to 200 then you have to prestige it which takes it back to level 1. From there it would cost you 450k to go from 1 back to 200.

That's what I was referring to, yes - it's $35,000 to "prestige" it, plus ~$450,000 to bring it back up to 200, plus however much it costs to upgrade it to 205. So you're looking at over $500,000 total to go from 200 to 205.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

DaveWoo posted:

That's what I was referring to, yes - it's $35,000 to "prestige" it, plus ~$450,000 to bring it back up to 200, plus however much it costs to upgrade it to 205. So you're looking at over $500,000 total to go from 200 to 205.
*200-202.
It only goes up in twos. And when you hit 210 you get to Prestige again.

I'm 100k into saving up to wrap around Prestige 2.

It's worth pointing out that when you prestige you get a shiny particle effect on the pick. I can't overstate enough the value of it being slightly shiny. Totally worth the grind.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Here is my Pocket Mine 2 code: tdxs2279

To add to recent Pocket mine talk, I clear the special stage pretty easy with Coal frenzy / Pick durability / Metal Frenzy using the grenade guy, Gear should be whatever adds more explosive stuff since the end of the run gets dicey. With this combo you should get about full clear the first 100 depth in 4-5 well placed hits if you get lucky. The lack of coal deeper is going to hurt the coal frenzy. I'm not even positive the 18% pick durability is the best way to go, but I spammed crafting it last weekend so might as well use it.
I mean I cleared him last weekend, trying to get the rest of the artifacts this one since you can't keep doing it after you full clear.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Why not: PM2 - pmyv7979

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Be honest, is that F2P Star Wars TD game playable? I'm not a person who inherently hates F2P.

It's playable, but it's just a shittier version of Kingdom Rush with a Star Wars paintjob. I played it for a couple hours and thought it was pretty fun. You eventually get to control 3 heroes at once which is kinda cool. The towers are the worst poo poo ever though so that killed it for me.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
So I installed pocket mine 2 on my iPhone 6 and played for a while and had to uninstall it because the text on the cards (and in a few other places) is so tiny as to be unreadable.

Are you all playing on iPads and 6+s, or am I just :corsair: ?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Croc Monster posted:

So I installed pocket mine 2 on my iPhone 6 and played for a while and had to uninstall it because the text on the cards (and in a few other places) is so tiny as to be unreadable.

Are you all playing on iPads and 6+s, or am I just :corsair: ?

I use an iPhone 4S (its pretty laggy) and a Nexus 10 (I know its Android but same game) and neither have text issues.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

The Pell posted:

Yeah, it's a decision between adding more keys to the keypad, making it harder to type, or not putting in longer movie names.

Sorry.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Try this one:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

VideoGameVet posted:

Try this one:

terrible games

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yeah, this thing is pretty awful. Worse that that Angry Bird thing.

Also, related, Rovio profits are down 73 percent. No ill will towards the Stella POP dude though, he seems to have a nicer job than I do

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

spider biceps

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Magic touch: wizard for hire is a surprisingly good arcade game :stare:

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah, this thing is pretty awful. Worse that that Angry Bird thing.

Also, related, Rovio profits are down 73 percent. No ill will towards the Stella POP dude though, he seems to have a nicer job than I do

That Stella POP game wasn't even in the top 100 grossing last time I checked, maybe people just don't care anymore. I feel like Angry Birds is just making too many clone games with their characters, they need to do something original or face irrelevancy.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Original_Z posted:

That Stella POP game wasn't even in the top 100 grossing last time I checked, maybe people just don't care anymore. I feel like Angry Birds is just making too many clone games with their characters, they need to do something original or face irrelevancy.

Tiny Angry Bird Train Wars

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
the offices of the dudes who made year walk/device 6/etc:

yup, that looks about right.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

VideoGameVet posted:

Try this one:

A spot on Andre the Giant.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

VideoGameVet posted:

Try this one:

Think I got it:

"The title is wrong on this one too."

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

PFlats posted:

the offices of the dudes who made year walk/device 6/etc:

yup, that looks about right.

Seems legit to me.

Also I found AppStore.jpg

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

VideoGameVet posted:

Yeah, it's a decision between adding more keys to the keypad, making it harder to type, or not putting in longer movie names.

Sorry.

This poo poo is why people get mad at you. The whole point of your lovely cash grab "grandma emailed me to ask for help on this game three times today" game is to guess movie titles. That's it. That's all it's supposed to do. And it can't even manage to correctly get the names of the movies you're supposed to guess. When people give you a concrete example of it, you say "it's a design decision. Sorry."

Here's a thought: if you commit to a design decision to have movie titles of x characters or fewer, how about not including movies with titles longer than that in your clue pool?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Here's a thought: hopefully he should just stop posting about his company's lovely games here and then we'd never have to talk about them ever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

This poo poo is why people get mad at you. The whole point of your lovely cash grab "grandma emailed me to ask for help on this game three times today" game is to guess movie titles. That's it. That's all it's supposed to do. And it can't even manage to correctly get the names of the movies you're supposed to guess. When people give you a concrete example of it, you say "it's a design decision. Sorry."

Here's a thought: if you commit to a design decision to have movie titles of x characters or fewer, how about not including movies with titles longer than that in your clue pool?

Yeah, the games that the stick figure thing is just a cheap cash in of manage to not have a problem with this, so there's not really a good excuse. It's just a badly made bad game that can't even do the most basic things it needs to do right. No one should download it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
There's a thread for Pocket Mine et al codes: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Here's a thought: hopefully he should just stop posting about his company's lovely games here and then we'd never have to talk about them ever.

Remember when he kicked up one of his game's advertising campaigns to take advantage of a celebrity's death