Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
With the demystifying of all the non-Chaos gods, is anything said about Gork and Mork? What about the Horned Rat?

What happens to Mannfred after he ruins everything for everyone?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Dr Christmas posted:

The the demystifying of all the non-Chaos gods, is anything said about Gork and Mork? What about the Horned Rat?

What happens to Mannfred after he ruins everything for everyone?

You get two possibilities but nothing definite

If Lileath is to be believe 100%, the Elven gods are all survivors from a previous world that was consumed by Chaos and got to this one and created the Elves. If true it explains why the Elves thought of making the Vortex to siphon of Chaos energy in the first place when the Lizardmen couldn't figure it out themselves. However it doesn't explain why all the Elven gods are dying or need to be "reincarnated" in mortal bodies.

It's also possible Lileath is lying a bit and really only she is a survivor of the previous world. The rest of the elven gods, and the gods of all the races really thier psychic abilities creating "mini-chaos gods" in the warp that are just motivated by desires more noble than Chaos' desire for destruction. This would explain why Eldrya became the Elven goddess of death.

As for the horned rat, it's a chaos god that hasn't gotten strong enough to challenge the others... yet.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Shadoer posted:

As for the horned rat, it's a chaos god that hasn't gotten strong enough to challenge the others... yet.

This reminds me that I still need to pick up Chaos in the Old World and the expansion. I hear the Horned Rat kind of unbalances an otherwise fairly balanced game, but I can't get enough Skaven.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

PierreTheMime posted:

This reminds me that I still need to pick up Chaos in the Old World and the expansion. I hear the Horned Rat kind of unbalances an otherwise fairly balanced game, but I can't get enough Skaven.

Do it, it's great! Though it's a bit of a pain to get to the table (must be 4 players without the expansion, 5 with) and the information is pretty much all front-loaded, after everyone gets to grips with the rules it's very, very devious and the game feels quick (despite being 1.5+ hours). Tzeentch especially, they're not playing right if they're not getting shouted at every round!

The individual gods' playstyles work well with the theme, and it's easy to explain even to people who're not familiar with Warhammer: I told my mates the gods were a pastiche of the 4 horsemen/ 7 deadly sins, with War/Anger (attack everyone!), Plague/Gluttony (corrupt the middle!), Lust/Pride (corrupt the nobles!) and Total Fuckery (screw everyone over).

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 16, 2015

radlum
May 13, 2013
I'm looking for the Wings of the Empire Griffon (I got all the bits from ebay, but the wings). Is there any chance someone has some spare wings to sell?

Thanks!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The Supreme Court posted:

Do it, it's great! Though it's a bit of a pain to get to the table (must be 4 players without the expansion, 5 with) and the information is pretty much all front-loaded, after everyone gets to grips with the rules it's very, very devious and the game feels quick (despite being 1.5+ hours). Tzeentch especially, they're not playing right if they're not getting shouted at every round!

The individual gods' playstyles work well with the theme, and it's easy to explain even to people who're not familiar with Warhammer: I told my mates the gods were a pastiche of the 4 horsemen/ 7 deadly sins, with War/Anger (attack everyone!), Plague/Gluttony (corrupt the middle!), Lust/Pride (corrupt the nobles!) and Total Fuckery (screw everyone over).

If you get Chaos in the Old World (and you should), get the Horned Rat expansion and use the following steps to maximize enjoyment:
1) open the box
2) remove the Horned Rat Khorne deck
3) place it directly in the trash

Otherwise have fun battling for second every time!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

If you get Chaos in the Old World (and you should), get the Horned Rat expansion and use the following steps to maximize enjoyment:
1) open the box

Unironically would this be a bad thing to do? Not necessarily actually throwing them away, but setting them aside. I'm curious if this is the unofficial fix for the expansion.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

1) open the box

Curious as to why this is - and also pondering, are you aware that dial advancement is a max of 2 per round, doesn't matter how fighty Khorne is with the new cards

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yeah my group never saw any major balance issues with the expansion.

Course, the game has been superceded by Cthulhu Wars now, but thems the breaks.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Laphroaig posted:

Curious as to why this is - and also pondering, are you aware that dial advancement is a max of 2 per round, doesn't matter how fighty Khorne is with the new cards

Yes, and the issue is that Khorne's Horned Rat deck is insanely good at scoring victory points. It used to be Khorne just plays the dial game, but being just as killy and just as effective at the dial as before while also scoring huge loads of victory points puts it over the top. It might just be a playgroup thing but my playgroup (who reliably had 5 people for a full game) ended up banning Khorne's new deck by near-unanimous agreement as whoever got it just won game after game after game.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Man, that doesn't sound right. Khorne is at a big disadvantage in turn order and frequently ends up out of power before the sneakier powers, and is a prime target for teleports and the like. Even with the base powers he's someone you have to actively mess with in order to ensure he loses out (and to screw with your other opponents too).

You're using expansion decks across the board, right? It's not meant to be a mix and match thing.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Khorne's expansion Bloodletter upgrade card is absurd and can easily lead to scoring 20+ VPs in a single turn. The other gods really have to bend over backwards to prevent Khorne from winning instantly once he gets his first upgrade. This is especially true when all 5 gods are playing since there's a ton of miniatures everywhere.

Ojetor fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 18, 2015

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Teutogen Guard. Any goons have any? I need 30 for a cult of ulric army :negative:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Good loving luck mate :(

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I had two boxes of ten and three command blisters that I sold a few months back. Sorry!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

DJ Dizzy posted:

Teutogen Guard. Any goons have any? I need 30 for a cult of ulric army :negative:

I'd check the recast market, because the last time I saw a box of Teutogen guard they were going for ~$10 a model.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Does anyone have a spare old style solid plastic wheel? I'm missing one for an Earthshaker cannon, and I'd really not pay $9 for a pair from the UK to the US, when I just need one. I could trade you something or PayPal you something more reasonable. Maybe I'm just cheap and I'll have to spring for it in the end anyway.

This is what I'm talking about if you don't know what I mean.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thegodofchuck posted:

Does anyone have a spare old style solid plastic wheel? I'm missing one for an Earthshaker cannon, and I'd really not pay $9 for a pair from the UK to the US, when I just need one. I could trade you something or PayPal you something more reasonable. Maybe I'm just cheap and I'll have to spring for it in the end anyway.

This is what I'm talking about if you don't know what I mean.

Hilariously I think I do. Where in the US are you? (I will confirm I have it this evening, I'm off to work now).

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 20, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DJ Dizzy posted:

I have 15 including full command in blisters.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

I have 15 including full command in blisters.

Hoe much would it take to make you divorce such antiquities?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Hoe much would it take to make you divorce such antiquities?

PM me an offer.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

PM me an offer.

Where in the world are you located? Filthy america or glorious europe?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hilariously I think I do. Where in the US are you? (I will confirm I have it this evening, I'm off to work now).

St. Louis - I actually bought some stuff off you in October actually - I can take it to email if you have the wheel =)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I hate whichever friend it was that convinced me to start a Fantasy army. I will loving paint these stupid yellow skaven though and they will look awesome on their jungle bases.

And on the ebay listing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

thegodofchuck posted:

St. Louis - I actually bought some stuff off you in October actually - I can take it to email if you have the wheel =)

Found it. Do you need my email address?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Indolent Bastard posted:

Found it. Do you need my email address?

Email sent, as long as it hasn't changed!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

ijyt posted:

I hate whichever friend it was that convinced me to start a Fantasy army. I will loving paint these stupid yellow skaven though and they will look awesome on their jungle bases.

And on the ebay listing.

Don't sell it quite yet. Rumours are that 9th ed will have three "modes".
- Post End Times: Bubblehammer, small warband and skirmisher based
- End Times: Crazy rear end poo poo like we've seen the last months with super characters and crazy magic
- Pre End Times: Oretty much like 8th pre End Times books.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I wonder how well this will actually transport Nagash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXgYfQUHKKA

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Of course that video is Unlisted.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also, comments turned off. I wonder how long it takes to pack/unpack when there's no time lapse?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Not a viking posted:

:derp:

I'm in.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Where in the world are you located? Filthy america or glorious europe?

UK, but I'll throw in shipping for free because I'd like to see these actually get used.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I wonder how well this will actually transport Nagash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXgYfQUHKKA

I like how the new development is crinkle cut foam in an age when you can get cheaper cases where you can make your own custom trays.

EDIT: Anyone wanna bet how much it is? I'll go with $250.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The big one is $124, which is actually really competitive.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The big one is $124, which is actually really competitive.

Does it come on sprues that you have to assemble with Citadel snips and glue?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

And there probably maid out of Failco$t too! Here's a rage face that exemplifies my idea of GW.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, these new cases are A: Sort-of innovative and B: Fairly priced.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Not a viking posted:

- End Times: Crazy rear end poo poo like we've seen the last months with super characters and crazy magic
- Pre End Times: Oretty much like 8th pre End Times books.

Pretty much.

Also to give Games-Workshop some credit, they have been overall less terrible lately.

- Model kits have looked amazing in both 40k and Fantasy
- The rules of the End Times were actual improvements to the game. Magic system was better, Beastmen got a legit much needed boost as well as ambush rules were rationalized, 50% Lord Choices weren't nearly as bad as people speculated.
- The story of the End Times was overall good. There were a bunch of hockey parts people bitch about, but considering how many plots GW actually tied up it's really impressive.
- The last few army books for Warhammer Fantasy were also really well done. Wood Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, and Dark Elves all got pretty good treatment.
- 40k seems to be going in a good directions. Things like the "Khorne Codex" should have happened long ago.
- Matt Ward is finally gone.

Sure they are still copyright nazi's who charge an arm and a leg for pieces of plastic, but I can honestly say they are being better than they were a few years ago, so I'm willing to give Warhammer 9th Edition a chance.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Shadoer posted:

Also to give Games-Workshop some credit, they have been overall less terrible lately.

- The rules of the End Times were actual improvements to the game. Magic system was better,

The other stuff might be correct, but I'm not sure about this part. The impression I got is that the magic phase takes A LOT longer and spamming low level spells is really over powered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Not a viking posted:

The other stuff might be correct, but I'm not sure about this part. The impression I got is that the magic phase takes A LOT longer and spamming low level spells is really over powered.

It might be I'm fighting against and with different armies, but I've found it's an overall improvement. You're right it does extend the magic phase a fair bit, but it also speeds up the start of the game as you no longer have to roll for spells. It's also nice that you can somewhat plan your army with the magic phase now as you can guarantee to have yourself certain spells. I also like people don't get completely hosed over in the magic phase just because they had a lovely roll that breaks concentration. And I'll add in that it's a nice nerf for high power spells as you can't be sure you'll have enough power dice to cast it, as opposed to before where you could just "6 dice it"

However, I'll agree that low level spell spam is pretty painful now and really annoying, especially of friggen magic missiles.

• Locked thread