Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Toriko 317

fixed the link

:comeback:

Seebach fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, that's about what I thought.

Only real surprise is Kaka actually survived the first hit.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Seebach posted:

Toriko 317

fixed the link

:comeback:

Haha, wow. Get dunked, Kaka

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

novaSphere posted:

Get dunked, Kaka

This is exactly what I thought when I read that part.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
There's no way Kaka's done yet, though

Also lol at the pollen being an excuse to show the entire muscle harem crying like little girls

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

novaSphere posted:

Haha, wow. Get dunked, Kaka

Bambina blows own tail off, gives 0 fucks

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yeah yeah this is really emotional and all but gently caress that gimme more monkey beating the poo poo out of birdwoman :argh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Glad to be wrong on this one because Bambina owns.

Of course Kaka has to have survived that attack since there was no detailed gory disintegration. Buttlord GT kinda encapsulated it; "He has to be dead! No one can possibly survive that much dust!"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Haha, Bambina had a breath attack all along. Holding back so hard.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
:qq: KOMATSUUUU! :qq:

Also, bambina mouth laser :getin:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah Kaka is Blue Nitro, and the first the Muscle Harem has met.
Of course shes gonna survive that and become the shonen revenge villain.

When Toriko literally reached into Komatsu and grabbed his heart, I balked.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

with a forearm that loving huge, I'm surprised he didn't tear it harder

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
wasn't it more like toriko's other arm is in the nega verse or w/e and he put his stub into komatsu's heart while holding komatsu's hand in real life and the rest of the arm connected to the stub in the negaverse so he could drag it back into place?

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Bambina :allears:

So they revived Komatsu by firstly tea bagging him and then fisting him. Excellent, good show.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The men also made a real doll of him just in case the one female in the group went for him while they were going after another male's balls

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
So as an adult, Yun is a WALKING SUBSPACE WALK-IN REFRIGERATOR. Holy poo poo, make the motherfucker the Fifth Heavenly King already, he already has pet cred.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Wait, is denshark dead? RIP poor sharkchoo :(

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Literally Kermit posted:

So as an adult, Yun is a WALKING SUBSPACE WALK-IN REFRIGERATOR. Holy poo poo, make the motherfucker the Fifth Heavenly King already, he already has pet cred.

Seriously Yun's defense bubble looks loving awesome. Gotta give the author credit for coming up with that.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Rynder posted:

Wait, is denshark dead? RIP poor sharkchoo :(

I think its just chilling outside 100G mountain but can't enter because its capture level is too low.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That one Krillin quote from DBZA came to mind during this chapter, but I actually really like how creative the whole subspace angle actually is. I mean lots of stuff has done this before but somehow it just blends really nicely here due to the mental connection between sensory transitions when you think about food? There's probably a real word for that juxtaposition, but the way Toriko is structured you think about stuff like that subconsciously. As absurd as Toriko often is sometimes I think it gets a lot more from its theme than other shounen.

Pewdiepie posted:

I think its just chilling outside 100G mountain but can't enter because its capture level is too low.
Kaka was inside, then there was an explosion, then Kaka was outside.

I don't think Denshark made it :(

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiderdrake posted:

It was on 100G Mountain, but its ability to withstand it ended with Kaka inside. We don't get a shot of what happens to it outside but you can see the inside collapsing around Kaka. It was crushed and/or exploded by Kaka, yeah. Possibly because Toriko and co. wanted it to do that? Not sure there, but it's toast. Metaphorically; literally I doubt there's anything edible left, even if this is Toriko.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They met that other guy way back during the arc in the sky

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

That one Krillin quote from DBZA came to mind during this chapter, but I actually really like how creative the whole subspace angle actually is. I mean lots of stuff has done this before but somehow it just blends really nicely here due to the mental connection between sensory transitions when you think about food? There's probably a real word for that juxtaposition, but the way Toriko is structured you think about stuff like that subconsciously. As absurd as Toriko often is sometimes I think it gets a lot more from its theme than other shounen.

I think it's called synesthesia. I was supposed to read about something like that about two or three days ago. I read manga instead. This is the best manga.

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church

Punc posted:

Bambina :allears:

So they revived Komatsu by firstly tea bagging him and then fisting him. Excellent, good show.

Don't forget the key step of making the balls touch. If it's not gay as long as the balls don't touch then....

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
just started reading this for the first time. I love when they say "food luck" and i wish that theyd translate gochisousamades as "nice to eat you"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

octobernight posted:

Don't forget the key step of making the balls touch. If it's not gay as long as the balls don't touch then....

That only applies to multiple sets of balls, since only one set was involved it cannot be gay.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is Pair just kinda like floating there now what is going on with it

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is Pair just kinda like floating there now what is going on with it

Komatsu is about to loving make the most delicious meal yet of the series using it. :colbert: thats that only thing going on with it atm.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Komatsu is about to loving make the most delicious meal yet of the series using it. :colbert: thats that only thing going on with it atm.

What disappoints me is that after the initial capture (which I guess is a loving ordeal), it is pretty much ready to eat.

What else could he do with Pair at this point? Put it in a container and serve it warm or cold.

Also, I realize that this is Toriko, where a small ration of "X" can feed a town, but judging by Toriko's hand, Pair isn't all that huge.

Or is it just going to be one spoonful will expand in your body and overflow throughout you?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Seebach posted:

What disappoints me is that after the initial capture (which I guess is a loving ordeal), it is pretty much ready to eat.

What else could he do with Pair at this point? Put it in a container and serve it warm or cold.

Also, I realize that this is Toriko, where a small ration of "X" can feed a town, but judging by Toriko's hand, Pair isn't all that huge.

Or is it just going to be one spoonful will expand in your body and overflow throughout you?

One atom of Pair is enough to fry your brain forever unless you have gourmet cells or it's cooked properly

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Seebach posted:

Could possibly add stuff into Pair? Since it's a soup, you could consider Pair to be a soup base and maybe Komatsu could add something? No idea what Monkey balls taste like, though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Isn't Pair the hors d'oeuvre? Those usually don't require much in the way of preparation, only presentation.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Isn't Pair the hors d'oeuvre? Those usually don't require much in the way of preparation, only presentation.

Here's the Main course.
Hors d'Oeuvre: Center
Soup: Pair
Fish Dish: Another
Meat Dish: News
Main Course: God
Salad: Air
Dessert: Earth
Drink: Atom

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
How is the quantum death-testicle a soup

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The same way Air is a salad.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

RatHat posted:

The same way Air is a salad.

Which is funny, since the texture of Air is more like Meat

Interestingly enough, are any of the four kings making Pair their Soup? Toriko obviously can't, and would someone actually swap out their current with Pair?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The only times I remember that any of the four kings wanted something from Acacia's full course was Toriko/God and Coco/Atom. Everything else will be spur of the moment.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The only times I remember that any of the four kings wanted something from Acacia's full course was Toriko/God and Coco/Atom. Everything else will be spur of the moment.

Sunny wants Earth as his dessert.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Zebra has filled out most of his full course, and only has fish, salad, and main.

This reminds me, the series is going to end with Komatsu cooking Zebra and Toriko's full courses and both of them fighting over him to secure him as their combo partner and who has the best full course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think Komatsu will be the personal chef of all four kings because only he is man enough to handle those four. And you can take that however you will.

• Locked thread