Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

First off, the wings appear four times. :spergin:

Second, name one protagonist kit with spoiler gimmicks. (And so help me if you say AGE-1... :argh:).

Third, do you think Bandai is running a charity or something? They learned from 00 to not release five versions of the same kit with slightly different accessories, but they're not about to start throwing everything into one package. Especially with BF, which had an infamously cost-cutting HG line.

Age-1. If I'm remembering correctly its gimmick only works at night when it can see the moon? :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Caros posted:

Age-1. If I'm remembering correctly its gimmick only works at night when it can see the moon? :smuggo:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

First off, the wings appear four times. :spergin:

Second, name one protagonist kit with spoiler gimmicks. (And so help me if you say AGE-1... :argh:).

Third, do you think Bandai is running a charity or something? They learned from 00 to not release five versions of the same kit with slightly different accessories, but they're not about to start throwing everything into one package. Especially with BF, which had an infamously cost-cutting HG line.

The Star Winning, and Winning Gundams. Granted, everyone spotted the secret from the get-go, but they still held off showing it till the TV appearance. Hell, the Build Burning too, come to think of it. Bundled with flame effects and Assimilation didn't turn up to use them till, what? Episode 8 or 9?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Star Winning, and Winning Gundams. Granted, everyone spotted the secret from the get-go, but they still held off showing it till the TV appearance. Hell, the Build Burning too, come to think of it. Bundled with flame effects and Assimilation didn't turn up to use them till, what? Episode 8 or 9?

It does flaming stuff in the very first episode when it busts out of the Dom.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kanos posted:

It does flaming stuff in the very first episode when it busts out of the Dom.

I was only just now able to take another look on my PC, but you are actually correct. It's only for like a brief second before it shuts off, but it does turn Orange and almost break out the flame-ring before breaking out Wind. It doesn't do the full flame-ring Assimilation supercharge until episode 9 though, so I still stand by it being a little bit of a spoiler.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

None of this argument is worth paying attention to. So let's have some real news!

The HG Tryon 3 is a combiner

e: Moved the images over to imgur; dread to think what GundamGuy is like with hotlinks.

DigitalRaven fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 21, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DigitalRaven posted:

None of this argument is worth paying attention to. So let's have some real news!

e: Moved the images over to imgur; dread to think what GundamGuy is like with hotlinks.
Holy crap, they actually did it :peanut:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 21, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

God drat it's been like a year since I last bought a stupid plastic robot, I thought I was through.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

DigitalRaven posted:

:vince:

Now I'm tempted to get two; one to keep separated, one to keep combined.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 21, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

DigitalRaven posted:

:psyboom:

I want one. I want ten.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DigitalRaven posted:

It's...it's beautiful. :swoon:

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The world is a better place today than it was yesterday.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

DigitalRaven posted:

Not really surprised, Umi Tryon is the least different from the ZZ's components. Sora as well, since it doesn't have to carry around the huge backpack anymore.

Still, getting this definitely! Also amused that the Sora Tryon just straight up uses SBS' Plavsky wings.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tryon-3 is the most wonderful thing and if I didn't know I'd gently caress up making it because I'm bad with my hands so plastic models are definitely not for me (plus I have no idea what insanity I'd have to get through to get it to Argentina) I'd totally get it.

I sure hope we'll get it back on screen somehow. Like the last battle of the original series, but this time with more Tryon-3. Lots more Tryon-3.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

:psyboom:

I want one. I want ten.

All you need is two. One transformed, and the other to place the individual machines around it :japan:.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All you need is two. One transformed, and the other to place the individual machines around it :japan:.

Three.

One to keep in the Sunrise pose.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Yosuke posted:

Three.

One to keep in the Sunrise pose.

Four, another to keep in rocket fist firing pose.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
You really need to have a battle-damaged one like at the end of the fight.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So yeah, ten, to do like everything.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Fill your house with Tryon 3.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

A Tryon 3 painted like GaoGaiGar too. (It's the only lion super robot I know :saddowns:)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Need to have a separate tryon 3 for a time lapse diorama of every step of combining.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Need to have a Tryon 3 model that's painted animation colors.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

TARDISman posted:

Need to have a Tryon 3 model that's painted animation colors.

:stare:

:psyduck:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

:vince:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The amount of love for Tryon-3 never ceases to amaze me. :allears:

To think that all that the Double Zeta, one of the clunkiest Mobile Suits made, needed to be cool again was to turn it into a combining super robot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

More Tryon-3 love:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

AradoBalanga posted:

To think that all that the Double Zeta, one of the clunkiest Mobile Suits made, needed to be cool again was to turn it into a combining super robot.

Half the joke with Tryon 3 is that the ZZ was a combining super robot. The entire gattai sequence is straight up ripped from the ZZ with only very minor changes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

AradoBalanga posted:

The amount of love for Tryon-3 never ceases to amaze me. :allears:

Uh, the ZZ was cool from the beginning and never stopped being cool?

W.T. Fits posted:

More Tryon-3 love:

This showed up on the internet, I think 15 minutes after the Tryon 3 was first shown on TV

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Thirty-five years ago, Gundam killed the Super Robot: now it appears we have come full circle. it's like seeing polyester shirts make a huge comeback or something.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

This showed up on the internet, I think 15 minutes after the Tryon 3 was first shown on TV

You don't say. :v:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Yes, but it could not shake the image of being as clunky as a flying brick. Now, it has a new form that is equally awesome and fits the clunky appearance very well.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

Yes, but it could not shake the image of being as clunky as a flying brick. Now, it has a new form that is equally awesome and fits the clunky appearance very well.

It being hugely clunky fit perfectly well in ZZ, since it regularly fought opponents that could fly circles around it(Jamru Fins being the biggest example) and won most of its fights through raw weapons power like a super robot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

It being hugely clunky fit perfectly well in ZZ, since it regularly fought opponents that could fly circles around it(Jamru Fins being the biggest example) and won most of its fights through raw weapons power like a super robot.

Man, the Jamru Fin episode was weird. You just don't expect monsters-of-the-week to make it out alive and mostly unscathed and then bugger off to a different part of the Earth Sphere.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

ZZ sucks, Tryon loving owns.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Monaghan posted:

ZZ sucks, Tryon loving owns.

You don't deserve to love Tryon 3 if you don't believe in the glory of its father. :mad:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope the ZZ and the Tryon 3 have a combination attack in a SRW game.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Best thing about the ZZ is that it's pretty much acknowledged in its own show as being an overdesigned lovely kludge of a mobile suit which is only effective due to sheer brute power and having a preternaturally talented psychic murder artist for a pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I hope Daitarn 3 and the Tryon 3 have a combination attack in a SRW game.

• Locked thread