Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I played my first ever game in the Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf D this morning. I got Ace Mastery, which sent me into hysterical giggling.

srb posted:

KV-4 has no way of doing it, way too soft.

I met the requirements for it twice in a row in the KV-4 because of bouncing 4000+ hp. I was on HT14 at the time, but still.

On a tangentially related note, here's a gif of why the KV-220 can be a hugely entertaining tank to drive.

Terrible aim was a combination of factors, mostly relating to panic and frustration at being the only tank on my flank and running into seven enemies. I'm convinced that if I hadn't taken gold ammo off to remove temptation while grinding credit I could have killed them all. They just kept shooting the hull. 2,847 damage blocked by armour.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
not shooting gold in a 220 is officially Doing It Wrong

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah I know, I was scrabbling to get the cash for a T-54 before the crew training discount ran out last week. I still won the team for damage and the match for experience though. My team were, if anything, even more retarded than Team Hullshots.

By the by, if I already have an SU-100Y, is it worth getting the SU-122-44 at a 30% discount? Seems on paper like it'd be a fun tank to drive around in, but I already have the 100Y and SU-85I

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

You can train a crew for a tank you haven't bought, but have researched, AFAIK.

The SU-122-44 is the second funnest premium TD, IMHO (the funnest is E-25).

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jack_tripper posted:

not shooting gold in a 220 is officially Doing It Wrong

Also goes for when you're shooting at one. They tend to get salty when you take away their e-z wins.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Sometimes it really feels like HE got stealth buffed, I'm pretty sure it hasn't, but things like the KV-2 and T49 seems to be hitting for a lot more consistent damage. A KV-2 nailed the front pike on my 110 twice for around 300 damage.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

why does this keep happening

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

Sometimes it really feels like HE got stealth buffed, I'm pretty sure it hasn't, but things like the KV-2 and T49 seems to be hitting for a lot more consistent damage. A KV-2 nailed the front pike on my 110 twice for around 300 damage.

300 is only a little higher than you'd usually expect for a 152mm HE shell. Thankfully, the effective dpm of such a weapon is about 900.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Missing Name posted:

Talk some trash before the game starts!

Just start making words up and fling them at people. Diplomacy is for suckers.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

300 is only a little higher than you'd usually expect for a 152mm HE shell. Thankfully, the effective dpm of such a weapon is about 900.

I guess I've been spoiled by some really low rolls in the past. I was ignoring the KV-2 while dealing with a Lowe, WZ-111 and a Panther8.8, so I was pretty surprised to be eating 300 damage from a KV-2 while bouncing everything else. Oh well.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Missing Name posted:

I'm not sure what you mean

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is called a reroll, has beta sherman reward tank, doesn't understand pubbie scum.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

pun pundit posted:

You can train a crew for a tank you haven't bought, but have researched, AFAIK.

The SU-122-44 is the second funnest premium TD, IMHO (the funnest is E-25).

Yup, this is sometimes how people find out that a new premium tank is coming, WG fucks up and lets you train crews for it before it's in the store.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Is called a reroll, has beta sherman reward tank, doesn't understand pubbie scum.

Typical reroll stat Padder attitude.

It is literally impossible to have a winrate above or below 50%.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
So a Borsig who camped at the back, spent half the match clicking on the map instead of red tanks, decided that the arty that were doing a decent job were not doing anything so TK's all three of them, getting banned in the process. The only three shots he made were against out own team.

:downsbravo:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nobody plays the Achilles and it's the last tank I need to kill for Master Tanker.

Also my FPS issues magically disappeared, so I guess complaining about it worked because I sure as hell didn't do anything else to fix it. :confused:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jesus what a lovely day for tanks, I can't catch a break at all. I hate this game

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh also the very bad player in question has 25K games played and is awful. I have 10K games played but I am the basement dwelling loser that only plays tanks all day :confused:

I shouldn't be surprised. Having 25K games played and a 45% WR pretty much means you have to have a learning disability.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Hellsau posted:

Typical reroll stat Padder attitude.

It is literally impossible to have a winrate above or below 50%.

had someone call out no one in particular for being a reroller in a match I was in.

I looked at the list and asked, "Who???"

then other players started jumping on him and talking poo poo because the only people in the match with good stats had 15k+ games

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Hello thread

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
My first day playing, some dude called me stupid in chat because I wasn't up on the front line. Yes, I'm going to bring a slow as poo poo anti-tank up to the middle of battle so I can blow up in 3 seconds instead of blowing people up from a distance and surviving. In this same tank, I also had someone try and tell me to move to a spot where I'd be between two enemy tanks. Of course the people already saying these things were already dead.

I'm also amazed by the amount of people I see that see the enemy and then turn their tank sideways or completely turn around before attacking and then blowing up.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll play the Achilles for you McGavin. It gives me something to replace the Archer with.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I actually liked the Archer more than the Achilles.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
What do you purps do when you're in your slow brick heavy tier 10, on Fiery Salient, with 3 enemy arty?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

maev posted:

What do you purps do when you're in your slow brick heavy tier 10, on Fiery Salient, with 3 enemy arty?
I don't think purps get to be purps by solo queuing in tier X bricks.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

cheese posted:

Good observation but not my question

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Hug the rail tracks, move when spotted, keep your front pointed towards where arty likes to camp. The safest spot is city area by the tracks, just gotta hope your hill people aren't trash.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Durendal posted:

Hug the rail tracks, move when spotted, keep your front pointed towards where arty likes to camp. The safest spot is city area by the tracks, just gotta hope your hill people aren't trash.

I'll hug your rear end.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

cheese posted:

ahem

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

maev posted:

Decide whether you want to get artied on the hill or artied in the middle of the map and then spend the rest of your time allotted sniping to the area you didn't go to.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Re: The Achilles, sure the grind isn't going to be pleasant, but I like not having to know where I'm going to park the tank at the start of a battle in the hopes that maybe the enemy goes there.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

maev posted:

cheese posted:

When I solopub my E100 and get Prok/Fireprok, I do one of two things:

A) If my team is good, I go middle and bait enemy artillery.
B) If my team is bad, I go east hill and try to babysit them.

and then I load up my lights, praying to get Prok again to get the loving spotting missions done.

113 isn't a brick.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Friday was apparently Failplatoon Day, as my platoonmates can concur. Pretty much every game had wildly mismatched platoons, like a regular + pref + scout of the same tier, or a tier 4 arty + tier 5 premium + tier 6 scout (hooray for tier 4 arty in a tier 8 match!)

Unrelated to the above, which gun do you prefer on the T1 Cunningham? It's a tank that I basically hadn't touched in over 3 years, and ironically I don't really know how to play it now any better than I did when I first started. :toot: When I dusted it off the other day I found that the 37 mm Browning, which appears to be the best choice, has abysmal handling & aim time. The 20 mm on the other hand shreds pubbies. Am I doing it wrong? :confused:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Speaking of failplatoons and T1 Cunninghams I'm blue in the garage again and added the T1 to things I can 1 shot with a Pershing.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atomizer posted:

Friday was apparently Failplatoon Day, as my platoonmates can concur. Pretty much every game had wildly mismatched platoons, like a regular + pref + scout of the same tier, or a tier 4 arty + tier 5 premium + tier 6 scout (hooray for tier 4 arty in a tier 8 match!)

Unrelated to the above, which gun do you prefer on the T1 Cunningham? It's a tank that I basically hadn't touched in over 3 years, and ironically I don't really know how to play it now any better than I did when I first started. :toot: When I dusted it off the other day I found that the 37 mm Browning, which appears to be the best choice, has abysmal handling & aim time. The 20 mm on the other hand shreds pubbies. Am I doing it wrong? :confused:

Nope, 20mm all day erryday, tiers 1 to 3 are when you want to be using autocannons.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

The t71 is so good it's silly. Can't remember ever getting over 2k base exp before.

Replay

Refried Noodle fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 22, 2015

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
I haven't played since before 9.6 came out, have pubbies gotten personal missions out of their systems yet?

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone noticed that games lately have been hugely one-sided? It seems like every game is either a landslide win or a landslide loss. What's the point of a 15min match if they all end in 4min? I miss close matches.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

SoUncool posted:

Anyone noticed that games lately have been hugely one-sided? It seems like every game is either a landslide win or a landslide loss. What's the point of a 15min match if they all end in 4min? I miss close matches.

I'm still waiting for the day of +1/-1 match making that will help alleviate this. For tanks with premium matchmaking, just loving make them top tier all the time, whatever. I'll take having shitlords in their double hitler always loving the game up versus being two shot in a bottom tier heavy tank in a T10 match.

And then reduce pen on all tanks silver and gold by 10%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Zieg Heil!