Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I think we can milk one more before the body is just bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Nah, just the level editor thanks.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Hotline Miami 3: Do you still like hurting people?
-or-
Hotline Miami 3: Are we hurting people yet?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Hotline Miami 3: Dial Tone would be acceptable if it just blared a single loud note at you for thirty minutes then closed itself

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Geight posted:

Nah, just the level editor thanks.

Thanks to the level editor we will have infinite miamis

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The swans are a really fun concept, but they're really really hard to actually use. I feel like it would work a lot better if you only controlled Alex, and Ash was just 100% AI-controlled.
The amount of times Ash has gotten unstuck from something and ran back to me in a way that makes me think it's a melee guy coming from offscreen and made run at him swinging my chainsaw wildly has been quite numerous.

e: yo gently caress the second screen of dead ahead on hard. just gently caress that. nah im done.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Firstborn posted:

I think we can milk one more before the body is just bones.

-poo poo Ubisoft says after every game they make.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I love Hotline, but I don't really see where else I'd want the game to go. Publishing a level editor and then dropping the series is really the best move, since aside from badass music curation, more maps is all I really want.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Geight posted:

I, too, wish for every good idea to be run into the ground.

Hotline Miami 2 ran it into the ground then kept going. The first game was less than two hours. This one was eight. I have zero desire to go again. The first one I restarted immediately.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Thanks to the level editor we will have infinite miamis

and the inevitable five nights at freddy hotline miami crossover

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Well, I know it's a cool guy thing to do to pretend like you are above playing a sequel to a good game, but I'd like to play a sequel to this good game. Nothing about the ~artist vision~ or ~indie integrity~, I just took a peek at his portfolio and these two games are the only thing that has piqued my interest and I want more. Sorry if that's a bad opinion. I'd buy HLM3 day one.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

-poo poo Ubisoft says after every game they make.

A pirate HLM where you play as someone playing the first game at a fictional game developer. YES.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm. A third game would probably be even more of a level pack, possibly with a decent soundtrack? Dunno if it would be worth making, assuming the editor is as good as it looks.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Firstborn posted:

Well, I know it's a cool guy thing to do to pretend like you are above playing a sequel to a good game, but I'd like to play a sequel to this good game. Nothing about the ~artist vision~ or ~indie integrity~, I just took a peek at his portfolio and these two games are the only thing that has piqued my interest and I want more. Sorry if that's a bad opinion. I'd buy HLM3 day one.

Get a load of this guy.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would watch a Citizen Kane 2, but I wouldn't like it.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'd preorder HLM3, but I'm glad they're calling it at 2. I hope that the level editor allows people to create fully featured acts/scenes though, with custom VHS covers, custom music, and dialogue.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wanna take on a nuts.wad with the fans

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Making a storyline continuation set int he post bomb world of Hotline Miami with totally different gameplay could be cool.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

PresidentBeard posted:

Making a storyline continuation set int he post bomb world of Hotline Miami with totally different gameplay could be cool.

It's called Nuclear Throne, friend!

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Sleeveless posted:

Cactus did make KEYBOARD DRUMSET loving WEREWOLF which is essentially an interactive music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wpu8gS_18

It's also his only other collaboration with Dennis Wedin

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
I'm up to Casualties on hard and I just find myself losing any will to keep battling through hard mode. It's just... I'm not ready to re-run that loving power plant a million times. Any tips that will help me avoid hurling my monitor out the window?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Sort out your anger issues

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Synonymous posted:

I'm up to Casualties on hard and I just find myself losing any will to keep battling through hard mode. It's just... I'm not ready to re-run that loving power plant a million times. Any tips that will help me avoid hurling my monitor out the window?

Embrace the pain and use it as fuel for your journey.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Spinning on the spot is a secret gangster tactic that gives you 360 degrees of coverage at all times. It's really basic stuff and I'm surprised that Batman and HLM are the only games that have done their research on this topic.

Professional hitmen can go up to 900rpm and act like a buzzsaw if anyone gets nearby.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Firstborn posted:

I'm not so keen to play a game the developer really doesn't want to make. Nothing "cool" about it.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVWeqAPQUXc

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
george is a poo poo mask

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

Buck Turgidson posted:

Sort out your anger issues

gently caress you you're not my dad

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

Embrace the pain and use it as fuel for your journey.

My pain is enough to power Australia

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Synonymous posted:

Use the sniper. For the 1st screen I would quickly run into the corner where some people were patrolling away then kill them, then just snipe people from there. 2nd screen camped by ammo and sniped. 3rd lured enemies in 2 closest rooms to door, sniped as many others as I could from far away. 4th just camped by the ammo and sniped most of the people.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I just rushed in with the flamethrower and after a handful of attempts, I broke through. poo poo was intense, though.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Songbearer posted:

Spinning on the spot is a secret gangster tactic that gives you 360 degrees of coverage at all times. It's really basic stuff and I'm surprised that Batman and HLM are the only games that have done their research on this topic.

Professional hitmen can go up to 900rpm and act like a buzzsaw if anyone gets nearby.

Dallas's secret technique is exactly based on this premise

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Firstborn posted:

Are any of his other games good? Is the focus on the soundtrack there?

The focus really isn't on the soundtrack for most of the games - it's mostly tracker music. That being said, the Mondo games are great, Clean Asia is a pretty fun shmup, and most of the games in the Arcade 1/2 pack are worth trying.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Am I the only one that gets pissed off with the locking on system? I love back pedaling away from dogs only to lock onto the guy three rooms away and it really makes stringing together gun combos tough. Its pretty much necessary to use in big rooms but goddamn is it finicky. Especially with the two swan mask guys, one of whom is perpetually stuck at the door at the beginning of the level.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wish he would make a full fledged Mondo Medicals/Agency game. I would buy it so hard.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I just got a 45x combo on Moving Up hard mode with Alex and Ash. 12 of those were executions.

Result?

11th best global score. :shepicide:

Vlad the Retailer posted:

The focus really isn't on the soundtrack for most of the games - it's mostly tracker music. That being said, the Mondo games are great, Clean Asia is a pretty fun shmup, and most of the games in the Arcade 1/2 pack are worth trying.

Norrland is worth playing, and there Keyboard Drumset Werewolf music video game isn't bad.

Basically all of Cactus' games are worth trying because they only take a few minutes at most. There's a flash game of his on newgrounds (The name escapes me) about a guy's dream where when you die you switch to the character that's looking at them. It's short and linear but for like five minutes of time? Worth checking out.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I wish he would make a full fledged Mondo Medicals/Agency game. I would buy it so hard.

There's still the third one that will eventually theoretically come out. :v:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

What stupid idiot rear end in a top hat put Abyss Intro after The Abyss on the soundtrack! Creating a playlist to fix this will take an entire minute! :argh:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I hope the level editor is flexible enough for me to create my own expansion pack: Hotline Fargo. Choose between Marge Gunderson (starts with pistol), Jerry Lundegard (non-lethal), Carl (faster movement), and Gaere Grimsrud (starts with chainsaw). Play through all the events of Fargo! (ends with a nuclear explosion)

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Yes! I finally managed to beat Dead Ahead.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

That's cool, I unlocked abyss, and every time I select it I get a CTD.

• Locked thread