Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

You still wanting us yes voters executed for hurting the Queen's feelings?

Why would the Queen's feelings have been hurt? The SNP wanted to keep her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Why would the Queen's feelings have been hurt? The SNP wanted to keep her.

Ask duck, he's the one advocating mass slaughter.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ask duck, he's the one advocating mass slaughter.

You will have a glorious death like in the movie Braveheart.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

You will have a glorious death like in the movie Braveheart.

That's a good film.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 22, 2015

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I like the bit where Edward Longsharks cuts Bravefart's tits off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pissflaps posted:

I like the bit where Edward Longsharks cuts Bravefart's tits off.

Patrick McGoohan owned.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I liked the bit where the English burned.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Leave York alone ffs.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I couldn't give a gently caress about the Queen. HTH.

Would it help the conciliation process if I told you that in my Crusader kings II game i'm playing as England and i'm totally the best buds with Scotland. We just keep marrying each others daughters! What fun. Now time to gently caress Ireland once and for all.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 22, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

I couldn't give a gently caress about the Queen. HTH.

You love the Queen. You love her and want to kiss her. That's you, that is.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

You love the Queen. You love her and want to kiss her. That's you, that is.

:tizzy:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Labour party are astonishing, in that they actually think poo poo like this will work for them, and not backfire horribly.

quote:

Ed Miliband will go on the offensive against the SNP on a visit to Scotland tomorrow as Labour prepares to unveil a dossier of evidence to show that Nationalist MPs supported the Tories 70 per cent of the time during the last two Labour governments.

The attack is part of efforts “to dispel the myth” that an SNP vote will bring in a Labour government, Labour sources say.

Discussions are also underway to commemorate the 28 March anniversary of 11 SNP MPs joining the Tories to help vote down Jim Callaghan’s government in 1979.

The historic vote led to the election which brought in Margaret Thatcher and heralded 17 years of Conservative rule. Proposals to mark the day include wearing a black arm band and laying a wreath at the miners’ memorial.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/ed-miliband-unveils-offensive-linking-snp-to-tories-1-3725108

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
This is amazing. Labour are the most incompetently run party I've seen in decades.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

The Labour party are astonishing, in that they actually think poo poo like this will work for them, and not backfire horribly.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/ed-miliband-unveils-offensive-linking-snp-to-tories-1-3725108

The Labour Party have nothing to lose, if the polls you all keep quoting are to be believed. Showboating at the miner's memorial is stupid, but a full scorched earth tactic is perfectly reasonable at this point. I mean, what are the SNP going to do? "Accusing us of supporting the Tories? Well, just for that we're going to support the Tories!"

This is a weird election. It feels like both parties are trying to throw it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jedit posted:

The Labour Party have nothing to lose, if the polls you all keep quoting are to be believed. Showboating at the miner's memorial is stupid, but a full scorched earth tactic is perfectly reasonable at this point. I mean, what are the SNP going to do? "Accusing us of supporting the Tories? Well, just for that we're going to support the Tories!"

This is a weird election. It feels like both parties are trying to throw it.

If the global economy crashes again in the next five years (which it might well do, given the nature of capitalism over the past hundred years) then the incumbent party will take the blame for it and for all the good they do in government, they will be voted out at the next election for a very long time.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
Maybe I should vote Tory this election in the hope of destroying the party and hopefully much of their ideology in the long run. What would you even call that? Macro-tactical voting? :catdrugs:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JeYlBRvUeE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like how "winning a seat at Westminster" is seen as a bigger prize than independence.

Holy poo poo that is a bad advert.

Alertrelic
Apr 18, 2008

People are already talking about it though. Nobody cared about stuff like this, or this.

They know their audience, everyone else mentioning it just raises the profile of the campaign and increases the number of people that matter (English swing voters) hearing it.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
When Alex Salmond plays the flute, only the Danse Macabre comes out.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

It's interesting how flattering the conservative campaign in England is towards Salmond, what with this and the pocket poster. So far no stink lines at all.

E:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yes it's almost is if the Tories want the SNP to do well because it harms Labour?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Coohoolin posted:

When Alex Salmond plays the flute, only the Danse Macabre comes out.

isn't that the theme song from Jonathan Creek?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Yes it's almost is if the Tories want the SNP to do well because it harms Labour?

I thought they weren't running these ads in Scotland?
I get what they're doing - portraying him as a sort of Putin-like figure or Mafia don to scare the English, it's just unusual to see it done in a flattering way instead of shorter and fatter, in an SS uniform with a kilt that shows his bum.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

bitterandtwisted posted:

I thought they weren't running these ads in Scotland?

I'm almost certain that you get Youtube in Scotland.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

I'm almost certain that you get Youtube in Scotland.

Thought it was a TV ad that was uploaded :shrug:

Anyway, it's clearly not aimed at a Scottish audience. How many Scots would normally vote Labour but would vote Tory to keep the SNP out? Maybe a few in the Orange order?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I've not seen it on TV in England, the video is on the Tory Youtube channel, and they ask us to share it on social media.

You said it was 'interesting' that the Tories were not attacking Salmond - I've given you the reason why. They're attacking Labour while saying nothing to deter SNP voters.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

bitterandtwisted posted:

Thought it was a TV ad that was uploaded :shrug:

Apart from official party-political broadcasts, political TV advertising is illegal.

This poo poo is facebook bait.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I love how terrified the security guard looks. OH NO! It's ALEX SALMOND! And he has... A BRIEFCASE!

Sion posted:

isn't that the theme song from Jonathan Creek?

I don't know what Jonathan Creek is but Camille Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre is a fantastic wee piece of music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Coohoolin posted:

I don't know what Jonathan Creek is

Shameful.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

I don't know what Jonathan Creek is

Awwww Coohoolin!

My favourite party political broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRKhTQHrtdk

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Coohoolin posted:

I love how terrified the security guard looks. OH NO! It's ALEX SALMOND! And he has... A BRIEFCASE!

I don't know what Jonathan Creek is but Camille Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre is a fantastic wee piece of music.

My attempt at springing the trap of identifying others that have watched the shittiest of poo poo mystery procedurals has failed :negative:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Sion posted:

My attempt at springing the trap of identifying others that have watched the shittiest of poo poo mystery procedurals has failed :negative:

How dare you.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

It's a great tune.
We must show solidarity with our lich, revenant and ghost brethren by protesting this shameless political approriation of their 'culture'. :colbert:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Acaila posted:

Awwww Coohoolin!

My favourite party political broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRKhTQHrtdk

This is my favourite, because it gave me nightmares as a child and convinced me the conservatives were bad people because they were putting scary stuff on TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUrXu3Y9Kg

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Reveilled posted:

This is my favourite, because it gave me nightmares as a child and convinced me the conservatives were bad people because they were putting scary stuff on TV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUrXu3Y9Kg

I....can't remember ever needing convincing of that actually. Don't know exactly what sparked my Tory hatred, but the first election in my life was 1992 and I know I already considered them Bad People by then. They occupied the same place in my head as Texas Pete from Superted.

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
PPB-chat reminded me of the cringetastic video the SNP punted out for the 2010 GE. The pay-off is about 1:05 in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyOZzEWF4RU

Also here's a lovely wee cartoon lovingly drawn meticulously assembled for today's National by everyone's favourite paragon of creativity and wit, Greg Moodie

Alcoholism: A Hoot For Everyone Involved™

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

This is poo poo and The National is poo poo for publishing it.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

dadrips posted:

Alcoholism: A Hoot For Everyone Involved™

Niric posted:

This is poo poo and The National is poo poo for publishing it.

The Charles Kennedy stuff is grim, did no sub look at that and spike it ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

jre posted:

The Charles Kennedy stuff is grim, did no sub look at that and spike it ?

It shouldn't even have gotten to that stage, the whole cartoon is so ugly, so cripplingly dumb and so painfully unfunny that whoever it was submitted to should've deleted the email in disgust

• Locked thread