Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

So long plot. It was nice knowing you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

OneDeadman posted:

I hope what's inside the locket is just an excuse to turn it into a battle manga in case the harem angle stops working somehow.
I'm just fine with this somehow going Negima, just as long as it ends with individually weak female love interests with specific unique powers actually taking down the big bad this time.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nathilus posted:

The anime found a weak spot of mine. I despise most of the characters and hate the narrative but I'm incredibly goddamn invested in discovering WHAT IS INSIDE THE loving LOCKET. WHATS loving IN IT?!?!? I MUST KNOW. And it better not be another, smaller locket.
Oh poo poo, he's figured it out

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm not sure if best friend is better or worse than the time Raku fell asleep when onodera confessed to him.

Definitely up there with it though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chitoge and Yui are going to be competing for bedspace with Raku, aren't they?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

A reassuring shoulder pat hard enough to crack the floor Claude is standing on.

It shouldn't feel this good to be trolled by an author.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

The real question is, how is the best character going to shoehorn her way into living there as well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fprpTNVM8EY

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL8cgDQybOs

:mmmsmug:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

rizzen posted:

The real question is, how is the best character going to shoehorn her way into living there as well.
By becoming the chef for the Shuuei group, of course! She'll win over Ryuu and the rest, who decide that she's best for their beloved bocchan :getin:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

rizzen posted:

Probably something down to her anime cancer.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

pentyne posted:

Probably something down to her anime cancer.
Yui seems to have a genuine one-sided fondness for Marika, maybe the Triad discover a cure for anime-cancer and Yui blackmails Marika to live with her (and by extension, Raku) to get the cure.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

rizzen posted:

It's not like she's going to suddenly stop being Chitoge's bodyguard.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

It's not like she's going to suddenly stop being Chitoge's bodyguard.

But Marika isn't Chitoge's bodyguard. :confused:

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
In regards to the ending of the recent chapter.. :wtf: These chapters have really been picking up the pace.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Well that was a short and confusing chapter.

Also: Crunchyroll is picking up the next season of Nisekoi.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh poo poo, the actual main plot is popping up again. How long has it been since the last time?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Has the manga been running on filler until they had the next season of the anime lined up?

I don't actually read the manga.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's a harem manga, so its progression by general standards has always been two steps forward and one step back, if it's not just being general hyjinx usually focused around one of the haremettes. There's been very slight plot progression for the last few chapters though, at least in terms of character development but otherwise it's been your usual harem antics.

On the latest chapter, I actually forgot about completely about the plot for that book since it's been ages since we heard about it. The only thing I remember was that Chitoge didn't know the ending for it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
How many variations on the "someone accidentally interrupts a confession" trope have we had by now?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mikl posted:

How many variations on the "someone accidentally interrupts a confession" trope have we had by now?

Clearly not enough.

Though to be fair I was totally expecting Raku to fall asleep there, you know, to mirror the last time that happened. Cause Komi clearly hates his audience enough.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
When will you guys ever learn that there's no plot progression to speak of in this manga? At best there's gonna be a new plot point that will be forgotten in a few weeks, like "Zawsze in love". Remember how many chapter ago that was? And how many times it has been brought back?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I like to imagine Komi's still bitter about Double Arts, so when he was asked to draw a harem series he thought "Oh yeah? Watch as I run the whole concept of harem series so deep into the ground no-one will be able to dig it up when I'm done."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
As long as the faces keep coming, I don't think people who read it (including myself) are going to care.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

I like to imagine Komi's still bitter about Double Arts, so when he was asked to draw a harem series he thought "Oh yeah? Watch as I run the whole concept of harem series so deep into the ground no-one will be able to dig it up when I'm done."

That's impossible when that aberration called To Love-Ru still has people buying into the same trite harem bullshit. Not to mention, like, 70% of the light novel premises have an in-built excuse to have harem-friendly developments.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Reading this and searching for a plot is the definition of misguided. I think it'll be pretty clear when this is entering its end-game. I like all the non-Raku characters enough to come back to this weekly for a laugh and that's probably where this finds its success.

This week's chapter felt frantic and rushed. Like, desperate to move on really quickly. Can't imagine why.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Shere posted:

Reading this and searching for a plot is the definition of misguided.

Yeah, seriously. It's just weekly light-hearted romantic comedy hijinks. Nothing wrong with that.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New chapter is out.

I Love Annie May posted:

When will you guys ever learn that there's no plot progression to speak of in this manga? At best there's gonna be a new plot point that will be forgotten in a few weeks, like "Zawsze in love". Remember how many chapter ago that was? And how many times it has been brought back?

After reading the chapter: :lol:

e: As a bonus This chapter was voted the best chapter.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 28, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Marika being the best will always make me smile.

As for the chapter, there's still a few pages missing and he probably made the promise with all of them at this rate. We should go back to filler chapters. Onedera chapters are lame.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Yes, very :lol: indeed. Another mystery added to the pile. See you in six months when Naoshi will pick it up again only to add a completely new one.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

:stare:

The sad part is I'm pretty sure this isn't even the only person that does this

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

NOW ALL THESE FANS ASKING, WHERE DID HE GO?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Y-san is a true hero

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

OneDeadman posted:

:stare:

The sad part is I'm pretty sure this isn't even the only person that does this

:vince:

How much would 800 copies of WSJ cost? If I guesstimate $5 a copy, that's $4000 before tax...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Depends, really. WSJ is printed on pretty cheap paper, and is meant to be thrown away after you're done reading it (if you want to "keep" a series you're supposed to buy the volumes). I could see Y-san telling people "oh, you're done with WSJ and you're throwing it away? I'll get it off your hands for a dime", or something like that.

Still requires a massive effort though. He is the hero Nisekoi deserves :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Seriously, if Marika doesn't win it will be a crying shame.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

OVA is out, with al lthe fanservice we've come to expect from Shaft.
Can't say that Haru's voice feels like a good match for her, but Fuu-chan and Paula's VAs are good.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 3, 2015

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

HiveCommander posted:

OVA is out, with al lthe fanservice we've come to expect from Shaft.
Can't say that Haru's voice feels like a good match for her, but Fuu-chan and Paula's VAs are good.

Oh, wow, that's the third OVA. Looks like they are...

1. Loss / Shrine Maiden
2. Change / Work
3. Bath House / Service

Not sure what's in them by their names, except that Shrine Maiden is probably the first time the girls were convinced of a love spell by a priestess (no arrows yet) and the Work episode is Marika's job?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well that's another cliche to check off the list. Somehow forgot about those legendary love locations that Japan has everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
I'm not quite sure what happened at the end there. Maybe I'm a blind fool, but I can't help but feel there's a panel or two missing.

• Locked thread