Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rinkles posted:

Handsome Collection won't let you use the Presequel characters in BL2, will it?

They are all programmed pretty specifically for the Pre-Sequel, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

They are all programmed pretty specifically for the Pre-Sequel, unfortunately.

Most of them have skills relating to slamming or cryo in some way, they wouldn't work in Borderlands 2.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Speedball posted:

Most of them have skills relating to slamming or cryo in some way, they wouldn't work in Borderlands 2.

On the flipside, I would love to murder the Lost Legion with Krieg or Gaige and Deathtrap.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I don't feel super bummed out about the length of vanilla PSQ vs BL2, though the lack of campaign DLC definitely sucks. I don't know why they wouldn't want to put some out, I know I'd sure buy it even after I play BL3. I played through both BL2 and the Pre-sequel at roughly the same time since I just got distracted by other stuff when BL2 got released, and I definitely feel like the PSQ is more fun in terms of action and playstyle differences between the characters, BL2 your playstyle felt more defined by your gun loadout.

BL2 is definitely a lot more deliberate and offers more in terms of the indoor levels especially when it comes to old-school FPS level design proficiency. PSQ kind of drags for me in the extended Helios section where you're not in low grav, but at least you aren't getting stuck in situations where you're forced to just waste half your ammo on one shield enemy because you ran out of grenades.

I've yet to encounter any unwinnable battles in TVHM like in 2 where if you were trying to solo certain enemies would just be impossible with certain builds (Sniper vs super badass loaders that had no critical hit point after you shot their arms off)

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 14, 2015

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I find I enjoy the gameplay in TPS a bit more when it comes to Cryo versus Slag. In BL2 it felt like at higher levels you couldn't do anything but slag something and then swap over. TPS seems like Cryo is definitely a bonus, but it's not absolutely required, except against Badasses.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

A Stupid Baby posted:

I don't feel super bummed out about the length of vanilla PSQ vs BL2, though the lack of campaign DLC definitely sucks. I don't know why they wouldn't want to put some out, I know I'd sure buy it even after I play BL3.
At the rate things have been going, I'm almost expecting them to release more campaign DLC for The Pre-Sequel and making it Handsome Edition exclusive.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

A Stupid Baby posted:

I don't feel super bummed out about the length of vanilla PSQ vs BL2, though the lack of campaign DLC definitely sucks. I don't know why they wouldn't want to put some out,

They are putting some out, and it's coming out on March 24th. I agree it sucks that there wont be a few new campaigns but people are talking like there's none at all.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Chasiubao posted:

Zarpedon is kicking my rear end if anyone is around on 360 to help in TVHM :smith:

What is your xbox handle? Mine is "Hambonius 0mega" (the "0" in 0mega is a zero)

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
I'm on 360 as well as 'nudejedi'.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

HAmbONE posted:

What is your xbox handle? Mine is "Hambonius 0mega" (the "0" in 0mega is a zero)

nudejedi posted:

I'm on 360 as well as 'nudejedi'.

Mr SuCu. Sent you both an invite.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Chasiubao posted:

Mr SuCu. Sent you both an invite.

Sorry had a busy weekend. I have accepted

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

HAmbONE posted:

Sorry had a busy weekend. I have accepted

Beat her after realizing that oh, a sniper rifle spec is useless against bosses. Also went and got Fridgia :getin:

But now I'm too low for anything past that so hey I'll do some co op :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Chasiubao posted:

Beat her after realizing that oh, a sniper rifle spec is useless against bosses. Also went and got Fridgia :getin:

But now I'm too low for anything past that so hey I'll do some co op :v:

Are you talking about Auriela? Because her Sniper Rifle spec is awesome against everything. The Frigia is more useless against bosses because most of them are immune to being frozen.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

AirRaid posted:

Are you talking about Auriela? Because her Sniper Rifle spec is awesome against everything. The Frigia is more useless against bosses because most of them are immune to being frozen.

I was too low level. Couldn't line up shots on Zarpedon because I was too busy dodging. Also I'm not good at aiming - so of course I chose a sniper build :downs:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I had that problem. Her "I never miss" skill would be really powerful, if it weren't for the fact that I do miss, quite regularly. :doh:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Does Cryo also increase damage taken by freezing-immune bosses? Because otherwise it seems like a Cryo-based build would be really lovely against anything but regular mobs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://www.shopgearbox.com/collectibles/borderlands-2-miss-moxxis-good-touch-full-scale-replica-deposit.html

http://www.shopgearbox.com/collectibles/borderlands-2-miss-moxxis-bad-touch-full-scale-replica-deposit.html

Only 650 or 700 dollars.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Maybe there was a temporary error or something because they are showing as $165 or $175 for me. Either way it's too much money for me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Jibo posted:

Maybe there was a temporary error or something because they are showing as $165 or $175 for me. Either way it's too much money for me.

"The retail price for this replica is $650. You will be charged a $175 deposit to reserve your copy, and then pay the difference of $475 plus shipping and handling* when the replica becomes available to ship in late Q2 of 2015. "

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
drat, twenty pounds?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

drat, twenty pounds?

Corrosive rounds have a lot of extra shielding so they don't eat through the magazine.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

drat, twenty pounds?

Just be glad you're not a Gunzerker! Seriously though, polystone seems to be an odd material choice for a toy gun.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The season pass is on sale (I think) for the first time on Steam. 33% off making it $20.

I'm still going to wait on it though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

AirRaid posted:

I had that problem. Her "I never miss" skill would be really powerful, if it weren't for the fact that I do miss, quite regularly. :doh:

I guess this is why she has an alternative skill that kicks in when she misses.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jibo posted:

The season pass is on sale (I think) for the first time on Steam. 33% off making it $20.

I'm still going to wait on it though.

Yeah, probably a good choice...I'm still not entirely sure if there is $20 worth of stuff in the combined DLC. I guess it really depends on whether or not this upcoming Claptrap DLC is the largest, greatest storyline DLC to ever grace a Borderlands game. If that's the case, $20 for that and a couple of solid character classes (plus the "junk" arena DLC) wouldn't be too bad.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'd forgotten how irritating and frustrating the final approach to the Warrior, Hero's Pass, is. You're just getting swarmed by a bunch of Hyperion Hawks and loaders, and most of them can one-shot your shield, and at one point there's auto-targeting guns that you can't even shoot. Then at the end? A badass Constructor that continually shoots salvos of missiles and manufactures War Loaders. And then you kill that fucker, and surprise, a bunch of soldiers and loaders spawn in to replace it, taking the sense of victory- the feeling that the level built up to the climax that was the Badass Constructor- and dissolving it. Yeesh!

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I deal with that area one of two ways.

Most characters: corrosive sniper from way in the back.
Kreig: Release The Beast :black101:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Pope Guilty posted:

I'd forgotten how irritating and frustrating the final approach to the Warrior, Hero's Pass, is. You're just getting swarmed by a bunch of Hyperion Hawks and loaders, and most of them can one-shot your shield, and at one point there's auto-targeting guns that you can't even shoot. Then at the end? A badass Constructor that continually shoots salvos of missiles and manufactures War Loaders. And then you kill that fucker, and surprise, a bunch of soldiers and loaders spawn in to replace it, taking the sense of victory- the feeling that the level built up to the climax that was the Badass Constructor- and dissolving it. Yeesh!

For what it's worth, you can totally DoT those auto-turrets through their shields. But yeah, gently caress that area where the Badass Constructor drops in. poo poo sucks.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

It gets worse when you are playing two player coop where it adds a second wave for every badasses encounter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To my knowledge, in all the hours I've played BL2, I have never ever fought that drat super-constructor the normal way because it just tears you apart in seconds if you get close. Even with as little enemy variety as pre-sequel has, I'm so glad they didn't bring back constructors with missiles because those things were a gigantic pain in the rear end.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

When it came to Constructors, I feel like I was a little spoiled because I mostly played solo and therefore used the two character classes that didn't make me feel so alone, Axton and Gaige. Obviously you'd get destroyed if you tried to retrieve Axton's turret(s) prematurely, and Gaige's DT would sometimes go off and play with its dick, but Axton carried a ton of grenades (I predominately carried an assortment of homing grenades so I could deploy a swarm of automated explosives from relative safety) and got some pretty solid buffs to them, and Gaige's skills allowed her to do pull some pretty wild shots without having to expose herself too much. Constructors were definitely nothing to scoff at but, even in TVHM and UVHM, I didn't have too much trouble with them.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

By far my favorite grenade for constructors was a longbow corrosive cloud. It would make quick work of normal ones and combined with slag would bring the super badass ones to a much more reasonable level of health. A longbow (seeing a trend here?) bonus package could also one or two shot normal ones in TVHM if if got it just right underneath them.

But I can't really think of a comparable "awww dammit" enemy in TPS. And there definitely isn't anything like the witch doctors of the hammerlock expansion.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

By far my favorite grenade for constructors was a longbow corrosive cloud. It would make quick work of normal ones and combined with slag would bring the super badass ones to a much more reasonable level of health. A longbow (seeing a trend here?) bonus package could also one or two shot normal ones in TVHM if if got it just right underneath them.

But I can't really think of a comparable "awww dammit" enemy in TPS. And there definitely isn't anything like the witch doctors of the hammerlock expansion.

I just finished running through BL2 again on an Anarchy Mechromancer- just did the main story quests and all the DLC quests- and even doing that I couldn't bring myself to do the Hammerlock DLC again. Just miserable.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

I just finished running through BL2 again on an Anarchy Mechromancer- just did the main story quests and all the DLC quests- and even doing that I couldn't bring myself to do the Hammerlock DLC again. Just miserable.

I only played about half of Captain Scarlett (seemed pretty good, new vehicles, neat area) but never touched the rest of the BL2 DLC (lost interest moved onto other games).

What's so bad about the Hammerlock DLC? I see everyone complaining about how awful it was and I'm genuinely curious.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's no real storyline, the humour falls flat hard and its filled with enemies that alternate between awful and annoying.

I recommend playing the Torgue and Tiny Tina dlcs if you ever go back though. Both are really solid.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Snuffman posted:

I only played about half of Captain Scarlett (seemed pretty good, new vehicles, neat area) but never touched the rest of the BL2 DLC (lost interest moved onto other games).

What's so bad about the Hammerlock DLC? I see everyone complaining about how awful it was and I'm genuinely curious.

I never really had a problem with it but the other three DLCs are have better quality and are better written. Play all of them.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Scarlett and Tiny Tina are great, Torgue is also pretty good. Are the Headhunter DLCs any good? They look tiny.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The headhunter ones are decent for being single quest Chains in new maps.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Oh dang, I hadn't even realized that they're a buck on Steam right now. Not bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Hammerlock has some annoying enemies, but I always liked it because I first played it on max level with OP guns, so I just had fun shooting things and never got frustrated.

• Locked thread