Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

SumYungGui posted:

Reach for the stars, DLI. I was in a super long, nerdy AIT but all we had was weeaboos and bronies. Gotta have goals I guesss.

Some things never change. When I was there, I went to sick call for a PHA and saw flyers posted up for some kind of brony party. In the sick call trailer. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Aranan posted:

Some things never change. When I was there, I went to sick call for a PHA and saw flyers posted up for some kind of brony party. In the sick call trailer. Sigh.

Well where else are all the bronies going to be hanging out?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Imagine being an intel/signal TL/SL/PSG/PL and knowing that 3/4 of your Joes are bronies.

lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I wonder if there are any crusty 1sgts that get hooked on MLP because their joes are watching it and they want to be "hip"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Do people still go for it? Seems like it died out.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Geirskogul posted:

Do people still go for it? Seems like it died out.

Legit person with Brony stickers on the back of his truck in my company. But this is also Fort Campbell so there is a huge Air Assault sticker next to them as well.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The air assault sticker is the real travesty.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Androies posted:

Oh boy did he

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stay strong, fort wainwright!

https://www.adn.com/article/20150319/racial-thursdays-under-investigation-fort-wainwright

Reminder that this is the same battalion where a soldier (Danny Chen) got hazed to the point of suicide while we were deployed to Afghanistan in 2011-2012.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Ugh, retards. If you're going to have a racial day you make it every day, that way nothing seems out of the ordinary.

The platoon I went to Afghanistan with had some of the most blatantly racist people I've ever met in it. friend of the family this, spic that, kike, whatever. Nobody gave a poo poo though. It was racial harmony.

E: We had a few black dudes and a large population of spanish people. If we can all get along even though like 50% of the people were racist as gently caress, why can't everyone else?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Safety stand down day. Just had an EO briefing this morning where we talked about how "Racial Thursday" isn't acceptable. Pretty sure the post-lunch SHARP brief will touch on how it isn't good to rape children and murder their mothers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

But is racial Tuesday still okay?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Everybody knows it's Man Love Thursday anyways

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Calling me a 'soldier' is triggering, my preferred pronouns are 'bitch/oval office/whore/sergeant'

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
facial friday

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Only if you don't finish by midnight on man love thursday, you totally aren't gay if you start on MLT and finish on facial friday. If it all takes place on friday it's gay as all hell.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Third goddamn anniversary watching units bumblefuck through NTC, time to get shitfaced. How the Christ did we ever come out on top in a war?

Also every day is Man Love Thursday in the desert, you guys are totally missing out.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Suntan Boy posted:

Third goddamn anniversary watching units bumblefuck through NTC, time to get shitfaced. How the Christ did we ever come out on top in a war?

Also every day is Man Love Thursday in the desert, you guys are totally missing out.

2 of my friends are currently at NTC bumbling about. is 1st ID rolling through there at the moment?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Suntan Boy posted:

As long as your side doesn't gently caress up as much as the bad guys, you'll be alright! WW2 was just a series of out-loving-up each other.

Now I wanna hear some sweet hosed up idiot poo poo about modern Russian conscripts that make even the worse US stories seem tame, those are always fun.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
someone left dfac food (meat) out for the stray cats, they didnt even touch it
the dfac food is literally so bad not even wild animals will eat it

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Do any of you fucks have a Master's degree from USC and just graduated Army Basic Combat Training today?

Because lol.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

USMC503 posted:

Do any of you fucks have a Master's degree from USC and just graduated Army Basic Combat Training today?

Because lol.

did you thank him for his service

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Drill as non-primary staff at a reserve brigade headquarters is the most shamtastic thing. "Well, we have nothing planned staff-wise for this morning. So uh, everyone go do what you need to do and meet back here after lunch."

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

USMC503 posted:

Because lol.

If you do that, at least don't tell anyone about the Master's Degree. When asked about what you did after college be as vague as possible. Being the enlisted guy with a degree is dumb enough.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

LeoMarr posted:

2 of my friends are currently at NTC bumbling about. is 1st ID rolling through there at the moment?

Yup. Skipping the trainup means they're probably going to get their poo poo pushed in, but they're miles ahead of Worst Cav so far. It's still pretty early in the game, though, plenty of time to drive bradleys into ditches still. I've got a friend out there, too, kinda hoping he doesn't get smushed napping under a tank or something.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Isn't there some kind of regulation that says you get 24 months in garrison before you deploy again?

A friend of mine just got to Hawaii and his unit is set to deploy to some wacky places like Indonesia, and he just got back from Afghanistan in like... November. Apparently they are that unit that is on worldwide call or some bullshit. I don't know how that works.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Cole posted:

Isn't there some kind of regulation that says you get 24 months in garrison before you deploy again?

A friend of mine just got to Hawaii and his unit is set to deploy to some wacky places like Indonesia, and he just got back from Afghanistan in like... November. Apparently they are that unit that is on worldwide call or some bullshit. I don't know how that works.

He can't stay on the rear det?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

He can't stay on the rear det?

I'm not sure, I was just wondering if there is some regulation somewhere that he can use to back him up instead of basically just going in and pissing on his feet.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I'm not sure. I know on the reserve side, we're only supposed to deploy once every 5 years, and if we go more often, they give you a bunch of extra leave. I would imagine it'd be the same on active duty.

E: granted this was in the Marines so it could be different.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

For Afghanistan, if he was deployed for at least 12 months, he will have at least 12 months dwell time. Guidance as per the Individual Dwell Time policy specified in ALARACT 253/2007 para. 3c(1) is that he cannot be deployed again within 12 months unless waived by the first general officer in his CoC (para. 4b).

para 3c Specific Guidance posted:

(1) DWELL TIME FOR COMBAT AND OPERATIONAL DEPLOYMENTS OF 12 MONTHS OR LONGER IS AT LEAST 12 MONTHS. DWELL TIME BEGINS TO ACCUMULATE ON THE DAY THE SOLDIER RETURNS TO HOME STATION. SOLDIER CANNOT BE REDEPLOYED WITHIN 12 MONTHS WITHOUT A WRITTEN GO WAIVER (AS OUTLINED IN PARA 4.B. BELOW). COMPLETION OF 12 MONTHS DWELL TIME WILL NOT BE THE SOLE REASON FOR REPETITIVE DEPLOYMENT. (EXAMPLE: SOLDIER DEPLOYED FOR 15 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS ACCRUES 12 MONTHS OF INDIVIDUAL DWELL TIME; SOLDIER WILL BE AFFORDED MORE THAN 12 MONTHS AT HOME STATION PRIOR TO THE NEXT DEPLOYMENT WHENEVER POSSIBLE.)

para 4a(1) Unit Dwell posted:

(B) SOLDIERS ASSIGNED TO A UNIT WHOSE INDIVIDUAL DWELL TIME IS LESS THAN THE ADJUSTED UNIT DWELL TIME AS APPROVED BY THE SECDEF WILL NOT DEPLOY WITH THE UNIT UNLESS A WRITTEN WAIVER IS GRANTED BY THE FIRST GENERAL OFFICER IN THE CHAIN OF COMMAND, AS OUTLINED IN PARAGRAPH 4.B. BELOW.

para 4b Individual Dwell posted:

(1) THE FIRST GENERAL OFFICER IN THE SOLDIER'S CHAIN OF COMMAND IS THE APPROVAL AUTHORITY FOR INDIVIDUAL DWELL TIME WAIVERS (VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY) TO MEET CRITICAL OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS. UNITS WILL DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT INDIVIDUAL WAIVER PROCEDURES AND REPORT THE NUMBER OF VOLUNTARY AND INVOLUNTARY WRITTEN WAIVERS AS SPECIFIED IN PARAGRAPH 5.C.

(2) THIS AUTHORITY WILL NOT BE FURTHER DELEGATED.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 22, 2015

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

USMC503 posted:

I'm not sure. I know on the reserve side, we're only supposed to deploy once every 5 years, and if we go more often, they give you a bunch of extra leave. I would imagine it'd be the same on active duty.

E: granted this was in the Marines so it could be different.

This applies to the Army reserve as well. There's also a mandatory 24 month dwell time that can be waived by the soldier.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
S1 is supposed to scrub ERBs/ORBs for dwell time before deployments.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Is it considered a deployment if it's just some worldwide peacekeeping bullshit?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yep.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If anyone is being serious about saying a regulation about dwell time will get you out of something the commander wants I'm rather impressed at your optimism. Anything like that has a skazillion and a half loopholes because gently caress you and the only thing that really matters is how bad someone up the food chain wants you to go. If they want it bad enough they'll find the paper work to cram that green weenie so far up your rear end you'll brush your teeth with it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

If anyone is being serious about saying a regulation about dwell time will get you out of something the commander wants I'm rather impressed at your optimism. Anything like that has a skazillion and a half loopholes because gently caress you and the only thing that really matters is how bad someone up the food chain wants you to go. If they want it bad enough they'll find the paper work to cram that green weenie so far up your rear end you'll brush your teeth with it.

This may have been the case back when the Army was busy taking care of the Bush Administration's back to back fuckups, but they're pretty good about honoring dwell time these days because there's a billion people chomping at the bit for some sweet stripper wife and Camaro deployment cash.

Like it's to the point where it's almost impossible to get sent to Afghanistan with a 3 in MEDPROS.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

S1 is supposed to

keep going, I'm almost there

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Cole posted:

there are worse cards to get dealt tho...

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

all apologies posted:

there are worse cards to get dealt tho...

"His rape cock may be the size of a Buick, but at least he lubed up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

iKon posted:

keep going, I'm almost there

Nah man don't worry about your leave the PAC clerk says it's totally normal for it to take six weeks to come back.

• Locked thread