Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

holocaust bloopers posted:

What other souls poo poo do I need to know?

the controls are loving horrid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

You will die. That is all you need to know.

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

how is the ps3 metal gear solid legacy collection? whats the worse thing you've experienced with it/whats the best?

souls chat: demon souls 4 life.

Have you played MGS at all?

The games still hold up well. Honestly just play them in release order- The chronology of the game is MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MGSV Ground Zeroes, MGSV The Phantom Pain, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, but just play them MG/MG2/MGS1/2/3/4/Peace Walker/5.

The legacy collection doesn't have Portable Ops (It was a PSP game that was pretty crap) AC!D 1 and 2 (Card games that don't have anything to do with the story) Twin Snakes (The Nintendo-produced remake of Metal Gear Solid 1 that was pretty goddamn rad for what it was) Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel (The Game Boy Color port of Metal Gear Solid, which is really fun for what it is) and the Metal Gear Online stuff only works in Peace Walker iirc.

MGS2 and 4 are considered the worse of the pack, but they're still rad games. MGS2 had a 2nd half that had you running around levels that look exactly the same, and MGS4 just gets pants on head retarded at times with the cutscenes, but just play them, especially if you're looking to play Phantom Pain when it comes out.

MGS3 and Peace Walker are the best in my correct opinion. Peace Walker was a PSP game that they made an HD version of (that's included in the Legacy set) which fixed the biggest problem with the game- no second stick controls on the PSP.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

You will die. That is all you need to know.

Have you played MGS at all?

The games still hold up well. Honestly just play them in release order- The chronology of the game is MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MGSV Ground Zeroes, MGSV The Phantom Pain, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, but just play them MG/MG2/MGS1/2/3/4/Peace Walker/5.

The legacy collection doesn't have Portable Ops (It was a PSP game that was pretty crap) AC!D 1 and 2 (Card games that don't have anything to do with the story) Twin Snakes (The Nintendo-produced remake of Metal Gear Solid 1 that was pretty goddamn rad for what it was) Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel (The Game Boy Color port of Metal Gear Solid, which is really fun for what it is) and the Metal Gear Online stuff only works in Peace Walker iirc.

MGS2 and 4 are considered the worse of the pack, but they're still rad games. MGS2 had a 2nd half that had you running around levels that look exactly the same, and MGS4 just gets pants on head retarded at times with the cutscenes, but just play them, especially if you're looking to play Phantom Pain when it comes out.

MGS3 and Peace Walker are the best in my correct opinion. Peace Walker was a PSP game that they made an HD version of (that's included in the Legacy set) which fixed the biggest problem with the game- no second stick controls on the PSP.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
GTA online report. My money from PS3 version didn't carry over. lovely.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9oIi8a07Ac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dk3XPlvEJI

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6PrZEoC-Pw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the best explanation i heard for the Souls games is that they are modern versions of the original NES Legend of Zelda.

you get dropped in the world, get a weapon, and do what the gently caress you want to do, in the order you want, and if you die it's 100% your fault.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the controls are probably floatier and less precise than the average NES game.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gravelord or go home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxpwABDCxOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Been watching Bloodborne gameplay. Dick so hard.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
is that guy fighting with a giant shaving razor?

i see it folds down conveniently

fits in most giant pockets

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

is that guy fighting with a giant shaving razor?

i see it folds down conveniently

fits in most giant pockets

JNCO's making a comeback these days through nostalgia and creative marketing

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
KKS what's your PSN? I haven't logged on in forever and can't remember who's who. I'm xwonderboyx

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wish we could assign nicknames to people. I forgot who's who as well.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So what's the deal with Bloodborne? Is it just another Dark Souls type of game?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

pkells posted:

just another Dark Souls type of game

now I know how Muslims feel when a Koran is burned

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so whats the deal with pkells

is he just another bullshit person with bad opinions

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bloodborne pre-load is up.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i am preloading bloodborne

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

i am preloading bloodborne

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am preloading vicariously through you PS4 havers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
CHOWDOWN is our 8 letter watch word?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Seems like it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Grabbed GTAV for PS4 today. It's on sale at Target for 39.99 right now if anyone was holding out on it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also poo poo yes my bloodloaded is preborn

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's likely without the bombs we would've never have gotten Bloodborne so thank you Hiroshima?!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So Bloodborne is steampunk Dark Souls?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

different setting, similar multiplayer mechanics, looks quite a bit twitchier with much faster attacks and no shields

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

bloodborne is steampunk dark souls is 3d grimdark zelda is 64-bit 34 adventure for atari

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
24 hours away from Bloodborne.

Prepare your dicks to die.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Looking forward to goons who spent a thousand hours on the other games making GBS threads themselves and calling bloodborne the biggest disappointment ever because it's not as hard or something

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
b b b but its got miyazaki behind it :ohdear:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

krispykremessuck posted:

me and fart sandwiches will probably be playing some gta online or helldivers tomorrow night while we wait for bloodborne to unlock if anyone else wants to join. gta:o status: working and fun now

noted

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 23, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

krispykremessuck posted:

me and fart sandwiches will probably be playing some gta online or helldivers tomorrow night while we wait for bloodborne to unlock if anyone else wants to join. gta:o status: working and fun now

I might be down.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
plz spell bloodborne as bloodbone from now on thank you for your cooperation

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i would be down tomorrow to GTA in preparation for bloodbone

edit- enforced new spelling

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I think a better use of that term would be for boning a chick during that time of the month.

I mean, it's the first thing that comes to mind.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
bloodbjörne

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Me when playing Bloodborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPsdxR0zzNE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB