Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Evil Hercules? (What's that from?)

My guess is God's Not Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Evil Hercules? (What's that from?)

Hercules' evil alternate-universe counterpart, the Sovereign, from "Hercules: the Legendary Journeys" season ... 4 I think.

Kevin Sorbo + bad stick-on goatee = eeeevil

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Pinky Artichoke posted:

S.H.I.E.L.D. was an organization that made no sense and was primarily a big bag of plot convenience even before the big Hydra reveal. No one knows we exist, but we have this big gleaming academy campus and evidently the recruiting pipeline to fill it. . We have this recruiting and training establishment, but we'll also randomly pick up black hat hackers, make them members, and train them entirely in the field (as long as they're cute and mysterious). There's a secret security level no one knows about but oh look now it seems like practically every upper-level person but Coulson has it. Some of our Listed Scary People are locked up in a prison that is somehow secret despite being in what appears to be a major urban area, but others are left to show off their weird punishment-gloves in an average Chicago (I'm guessing?) apartment building. Etc.

This is a comic book

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

The Sharmat posted:

This is a comic book

Yes. My point is just that "real S.H.I.E.L.D." will be more of the same. No need to wonder if it's secretly going to be something cool.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Did no one know SHIELD existed? I never clearly got that impression, I always thought they left it up in the air.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I figure it was something akin to the NSA, most people with a passing interest into spy games know they exist but most people never knew the full extant of their reach. Then some major scandal comes out of nowhere, (phone spying/Hydra infiltration) and suddenly they're plastered all over every 24 hour news channel.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, S.H.I.E.L.D. in the MCU was never particularly clandestine. Our first introduction to them back in Iron Man had an agent casually introducing himself to the secretary to a weapons manufacturer as being from the "strategic homeland yadda yadda".

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.

jivjov posted:

"strategic homeland yadda yadda".
Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. They're working on the name, okay?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Thor 2 was particularly odd because none of the new characters had ever heard of SHIELD before.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PriorMarcus posted:

Thor 2 was particularly odd because none of the new characters had ever heard of SHIELD before.

I took that as a situation where those characters had never really had any direct dealings with SHIELD, and even if the name had come up, they're primarily an American organization, so the Brits would have only heard of it in passing.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

That's because shield isn't a well known organization by design. Only a couple hundred people really knew about them during Iron Man 1, and it had been around since the 1950s as a major world organization without borders.

The real stupid thing about Thor 2 is people not running in terror when they saw Thor in the UK, about to fight something after having seen the sheer destruction and death toll from the Battle of New York from the Avengers. They just run up to windows as though they are suicidal.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

MrJacobs posted:

That's because shield isn't a well known organization by design. Only a couple hundred people really knew about them during Iron Man 1, and it had been around since the 1950s as a major world organization without borders.

The real stupid thing about Thor 2 is people not running in terror when they saw Thor in the UK, about to fight something after having seen the sheer destruction and death toll from the Battle of New York from the Avengers. They just run up to windows as though they are suicidal.

This is apparently just how Jo Blow Citizen reacts to a superhero fight in the alternate universe of the MCU.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

XboxPants posted:

This is apparently just how Jo Blow Citizen reacts to a superhero fight in the alternate universe of the MCU.

Those guys are thinking "Again? Seriously there's only 5 minutes left to get breakfast at mcdonalds and they're blocking the road".

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Seems normal to me...

People can be incredibly stupid

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Real SHIELD is going to turn out to be a bunch of skrulls.

They're rename it SKRULL.

They're working on the name.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

MrJacobs posted:

People in the UK don't sit around the television waiting for the news to tell them about the far away country called America. Anyone who knows about what happened in New York also knows that the Avengers stopped an alien invasion.
The Avengers are literally real superheroes to them, they admire and love them, it is completely realistic for people to run to the window and see the famous superhero, than to run to safety.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

People seeing something weird/awesome and immediately trying to record it (and upload it online afterwards) is perfectly normal.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

People seeing something weird/awesome and immediately trying to record it (and upload it online afterwards) is perfectly normal.

Perfectly normal and perfectly stupid.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I look forward to Real S.H.I.E.L.D. and the forward thinking ideas of Director Ward.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I hope the name of the organization is actually "The Real SHIELD."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
"R.E.A.L Shield"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
"Like I said we're the Realsh Yield. Why, what'd you think we were?"

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

twistedmentat posted:

I really, really doubt its Fury. The people I imagine in charge of Real SHIELD would be the kind of people who would have thought Fury was too soft.
Also, the main (entire?) reason that "Real" SHIELD is infiltrating Coulson's SHIELD is to get the super-duper intel toolkit that Fury entrusted to Phil at the end of season one. If Fury was the one who wanted it, he could just walk in and say "Hey Coulson, I need that back," and he'd surely get it with no fuss.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Someone already alluded to it here, I think (or I might be remembering that wrong), but I think REAL SHIELD has something to do with Stark Enterprises. Or that military guy whose name I can't remember at the moment decided, "Hmmm, this Shield poo poo is cool. Let's do that." Then proceeded to recruit a bunch of ex-Shield agents to get one more step ahead of Coulson.

Tuesday evening can't get here quick enough.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joust posted:

I look forward to Real S.H.I.E.L.D. and the forward thinking ideas of Director Ward.

"Murder."

"Sir, we can't just make the word 'murder' our charter, we have to include—"

"MURDER. :stare:"

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I think I only just now realized that Wendell Levi is basically the (evil) male equivalent of Skye. It's like they're playing the male hacker stereotype against the female one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ward says gently caress YOU he eats breakfast when he wants!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Ward is the best.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This is a little creepy. Also, "pee-can".

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ugh of course Ward gets in on the pumpkin craze.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Ward is the worst.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Is that the same diner set from last week?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Agent 33 has a super gross face.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jesus christ your faaaaace

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

muscles like this? posted:

Agent 33 has a super gross face.

Rude.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Is the end of last episode the first time they referenced "Bahrain"? I don't remember it before that.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

She just wants to be her, man.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Poor man's Mystique!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ward us a skrull!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Come on Hunter, tell them to gently caress off.

• Locked thread