Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Tinactin takes like a month to clear up ringworm.

Not saying you're wrong but what is this based on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Alright, who else is watching EBI today?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

origami posted:

I was interested to know the answer as well, so I skimmed over some journal articles while drinking my morning coffee and today I learned about killing off ringworm fungus. I also learned that ringworm isn't caused by a worm.

Tolnaftate (Tinactin) inhibits the growth of the sterol that fungi use for cell walls, but only on production of new fungi cells. So new ones will be weaker and die off quicker but the ones that are there will hang around until the end of their life cycle (3-4 weeks). Clotrimazole (Canesten among others) modifies the permeability of the cell walls of the fungus, including existing cells, which means they're limited in their ability to get food from their environments, making them die off quicker.

the_more_you_know.gif

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

origami posted:

The label.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Sprecherscrow posted:

Alright, who else is watching EBI today?

I am, goddamn this has been insane so far.

Thought Tonon had Daredyan caught about 5 different times just now.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I just tuned in. Cummings is a leglock machine, but iirc he's lost to Cocco before

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I've heard about Cummings before but tonight was the first time I'd seen him. His first match lasted about 30 seconds, dudes really impressive.

e: oh poo poo, gonna be Cummings vs Tonon right? :fap:

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 23, 2015

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Kekekela posted:

I've heard about Cummings before but tonight was the first time I'd seen him. His first match lasted about 30 seconds, dudes really impressive.

Yeah I don't give leglock compliments lightly, that dude is good.

quote:

e: oh poo poo, gonna be Cummings vs Tonon right? :fap:

Yes, and can I say how loving stupid it is to put teammates/training partners in the same bracket to begin with

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Anyone know why Mafra no-showed?

e: was not expecting to see a north/south tonight, especially not w richie on the receiving end :drat:

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 23, 2015

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Yes, and can I say how loving stupid it is to put teammates/training partners in the same bracket to begin with

That seemed really weird to me too. Bravo knew how much they trained together so I'm surprised he wouldn't want to see that as a potential final. Makes a better story that way.

Is this the leglockingest jiu jitsu show of all time or what?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sprecherscrow posted:

Is this the leglockingest jiu jitsu show of all time or what?

The last few Metamoris' have been very leglocky as well, and so was the last ADCC. Really it's just that the recent profusion of viable money alternatives to the IBJJF is giving guys reason to actually develop leg games since they don't hav eto worry about being dqed for it

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Dat hip bump sweep. Man, it always amazes me when you see something that basic executed so well that it works at this level.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Super Child Fights

I'm about to become depressed as both of them show better bjj than me

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Also I like how the default no-gi look has gone from "surfer-bro" to "spandex ninja"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Anyone who has trouble defending leglocks should be watching this match on repeat because this is a masterclass

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Super Child Fights

I'm about to become depressed as both of them show better bjj than me

You missed the 10 year old girl fight where they both looked like something out of the matrix compared to my neanderthal style.

Also I was pretty surprised about them being on the same side of the bracket too (although fear of some sort of pseudo-closeout deal is pretty legit if you're intention is to avoid the bullshit that plagues the rest of the tourney scene), but goddamn that was a good match between Tonon and Cummings. Those two must have insane rolls together.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I don't think Garry's capable of having a boring match, or roll for that matter.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
If Garry wins I hope Keenan comes on to the mat and challenges him to a match right there.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
drat, thought Tonon was gonna roll into that kneebar and finish there.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
gently caress your jaw and gently caress your hand, too

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
This announcer was drunk.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm so bummed I forgot all about this

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Also I like how the default no-gi look has gone from "surfer-bro" to "spandex ninja"

EBI 4 will be a bunch of these guys.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Greenman didn't make it to the Eagles, maybe sport grappling is his thing. Something something TUF10

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gutted i missed this. Anywhere i can rewatch?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

fatherdog posted:

"spandex ninja"
Its crazy but wearing black spats makes me feel 1000x more agile. :iiam:

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything

ICHIBAHN posted:

Gutted i missed this. Anywhere i can rewatch?

I was wondering that myself. I'm pissed I forgot to buy it.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Metamoris 6 has been announced. http://metamoris.com/templates/Metamoris-Homepage/index.html

Most exciting to me is the inclusion of Joe Lauzon. Most unexciting to me is the inclusion of Jeff Monson.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Sprecherscrow posted:

Metamoris 6 has been announced. http://metamoris.com/templates/Metamoris-Homepage/index.html

Most exciting to me is the inclusion of Joe Lauzon. Most unexciting to me is the inclusion of Jeff Monson.

that is a dang good card

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Uhh how about Cyborg v Barnett? Rip catch wrasslin.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

always be closing posted:

Uhh how about Cyborg v Barnett? Rip catch wrasslin.

I predict a draw.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Kekekela posted:

Anyone know why Mafra no-showed?

Contract bullshit with metamoris apparently. :gay:

http://www.jiujitsutimes.com/blog/did-ralek-gracie-influenced-mafras-last-minute-withdrawl-from-ebi-and-is-it-good-for-bjj/

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
I've been feeling good about the prospect of throwing my money at both EBI and Metamoris, but if Ralek's really set on messing things up for everyone then gently caress that. EBI's cooler anyway.

sternly (but hespectfully) worded email sent

Decades fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 24, 2015

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

We missed out on Lauzon vs. Garry over this bullshit?! Are any of Rorion's kids not complete tools?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I guess it's a good move on Tonon's part. He get's to be in more tournaments than the IBJJF and ADCC and use more foot locks. He also has the added bonus of being seen as a standup guy and has Eddie's back for the way Metamoris tries to gently caress him over.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Someone once said on this very forum that if not for BJJ it would be "Gracie Brother's Honda/Acura" down in Rio. Think that looks truer and truer every time things like this come up.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

dude owns hard

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Well Ralek tells me that my feedback is very important to him so I trust that this will all be resolved any minute now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Dangersim posted:

Cool thanks guys

a little late, but in addition to the athelete's foot cream (clomitrazole), using a clean towel every shower and bleaching them when washing is what's always worked for me