Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
Just downloaded this game and in as Snaykei (someone has Snayke >:[). Hopefully I can join some of you guys soon.

Snayke fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Looks like my old clan has pretty much bitten the dust, so I sent in an application for the goon clan.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Well then....

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

cat_snake posted:

I did an ODS and finally got my nova p systems. Unfortunately it was also 2am and even though I still didn't have the chassis I needed to build the thing. So I go to foundary, scroll my warframe parts, find Nyx Systems -> build!...wait a minute...prime, duh! Nyx Prime Systems -> build!...nyx?...loving hell...nova p systems > build ::rolls eyes::
So I got nova p, wasted some resources, and turned a perfectly good nyx p into duck hats. Congratulations to me..

I really wish they'd implement a text field search filter for the inventory/foundry.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Terbulus posted:

Well then....

Wait what. PvP can get you potatoes?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I hate to get all Irish on you but whose dick do I have to suck in PvP for some of them gold and blue potatoes?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The same dick that lets you use the restricted Oberon & Dakra Prime, presumably!

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
btw the mk1 Paris will ohko any frame other than ironskin rhino on a headshot, or two body shots.

oh and Excalibur has his LOS dependency but Volt does not

and Radial Blind is worthless

and slash dash does about as much damage as shooting a dude with the paris

Mag is similarly bad.

The best frames are Frost and Volt with rhino as a secondary choice I guess, the ttk is way too high for how fast frames are, you can get away from any situation with flings and poo poo and only take incidental damage(aside from a lucky mk1 paris shot).

Denzine fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 22, 2015

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
Just a heads up before they fix it you can host a match as invite only and then invite clan members that lets you fix a match where you can rep farm or you let on team win. We did about 30 runs that way but didn't get any potatos.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Dahbadu posted:

I really wish they'd implement a text field search filter for the inventory/foundry.

Well get ready for that level of alertness for this raid with you west coasters :-P

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Terbulus posted:

Well then....

Did you actually get the potatoe bp's? I ask because I was getting frugal credit bundles and I sure as hell didn't get any credits.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

So I decided to try the Chroma quest and... how are you supposed to know which target you're supposed to scan, or where it even is?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It has a blue aura I believe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Denzine posted:

Mag is similarly bad.

Throw all the syndicate mods on her. :getin:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

vOv posted:

So I decided to try the Chroma quest and... how are you supposed to know which target you're supposed to scan, or where it even is?

I had a lot of trouble with that, too. There's a tutorial for it buried in the codex, but I'll lay it out anyway.

Buy and equip the fancy scanner from what-his-name. Yes, you have to go into a relay every time you want to buy more charges.

In a mission where that enemy spawns (the quest highlights one specifically), look through that scanner: you should see little floating blue puffs of light. These form a rough trail through the level. Usually they'll be mostly along the objective route, just just check before you leave a tile to make sure you're going the right way.

When you get close enough to the end of a trail, the Special Dude will spawn. It gets marked on your map and there's a unique waypoint for it, so don't worry about not noticing.

The Dude has four glowy bits (visible through the special scanner) that you have to scan to capture it. If you want, you can use the trap thingies to hold it in place, or you can just be permanently invisible because gently caress actually engaging in this mechanic.

Then you have to finish the mission and do it all over again two more times. Wasn't that fun?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So, this popped up on steam again for one of the many updates it seems to have and I remembered it being fun, so I decided to reinstall. My god there is so much... stuff. It forced me to pick stuff for the tutorial but I sadly didn't get to keep any of it but I seem to have all my old stuff. Not sure if I'll maintain anything from my foundry once I get that back online.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If you had any blueprints, things building, ect. in your foundry you'll keep everything when you finish the tutorial.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Male Man posted:

I had a lot of trouble with that, too. There's a tutorial for it buried in the codex, but I'll lay it out anyway.

You know the tutorial is right there when you talk to Simaris. You just choose the "what is this Synthesis thing all about" option.

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.
I just started playing but I've been a SA member for a little while...Any chance I could trade my "J4G" rank for "G" (even though it doesn't make a gameplay difference)? I'm XyzzyYYZ in-game.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Throw all the syndicate mods on her. :getin:

He's talking about PvP, very few frame mods are allowed and those aren't on the list.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Started playing again, guess the clan gets cleared of inactives every so often. Sent another submission through the form.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Helter, remember that bLeenk is my plat whale account so I do not have to craft that clan key again :argh:

Just in case you didn't hear me on Mumble the other week.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Azran posted:

Helter, remember that bLeenk is my plat whale account so I do not have to craft that clan key again :argh:

Just in case you didn't hear me on Mumble the other week.
You know goddamn well where to put that information.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Denzine posted:

The best frames are Frost and Volt with rhino as a secondary choice I guess, the ttk is way too high for how fast frames are, you can get away from any situation with flings and poo poo and only take incidental damage(aside from a lucky mk1 paris shot).
This is all true (though Rhino is better than Excal because Charge also kills in 1 hit) but the real gamebreaking issue besides the crackhead mobility speed/TTK is that it's P2P. Lagging in an insane advantage, unhittable packet loss teleporting is back!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

I just love my jet kitty paint job, makes it look the part of something that just tornado'd through 40+ enemies.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Played about a dozen more pvp matches, when everything lines up it's kinda fun and seems to level weapons quite quickly. Not like draco fast but hey at least you can play the game this way. The weapons I tried all seemed like they were good at putting people down (paris prime, braton, kunai, bo), if there is a damage disparity between them, it wasn't enough to leave me thinking "man if only I was using a different weapon, could have won that." I wound up preferring the paris prime for the quick spike damage. Iron skin felt just about useless; trying to go on the defensive instead of using energy to charge seemed to get me killed. Melee primary seems effective, the gram in particular is great for it's ground copter swing, going to try a bo prime tomorrow.

There are definitely bugs though, I was unable to respawn one time because another player was stuck in the pre-game screen occupying my spawn spot, and he had to reconnect. Sometimes after a map change, flags will just not spawn and there's no timer for game length so that lobby has to just empty out naturally which takes time. Peer to peer sucks real bad, but when everyone has a decent ping it's alright, no real complaints there, be nice if DE rented some rack space for it though.

Glad I decided to try it again now that it's had a few hotfixes, there's potential for a fun sideshow thing in here if DE keeps working on it. Not a lot of games trying to do the hyper fast movement thing in a shooter, so it was a pretty unique experience for me, when it worked. Also, it can reward either kind of potatoes at the end of a match, so if you want those you could always just make a dedicated flag runner Volt loadout.

ndub fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 23, 2015

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014
I'm not sold on chroma being tanky yet, I mean his shields scale well throughout the mission but is it enough to be more useful than rhino? :de:

RolandIsNotOkay fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 23, 2015

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Fun Fact: If you have the Arcane Boiler fully scanned, you can spawn them in the Simulacrum Room. In-mission XP gain is enabled there, and a single Lv. 20 Arcane Boiler can yield like 9k XP, without being particularly difficult to kill, and you can spawn them in batches of 20. I think a Lv. 1 Boiler gives like 6k XP.

It's preposterously easy to level poo poo up there.

(Useless for rep though)

E: Wait halve those numbers I have a booster going.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 23, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Warframe is completely unsuited for PvP though and I'd rather play another game for that aspect than force myself to do it here where it feels tacked on and out of place and is frankly much more likely to just be frustrating.

Turhis
Mar 17, 2009
So wanted to check out this game and looked over OP and it has 3 options for every starter weapon but when I'm playing the tutorial I can only see 2 options at every select, Sword / Bo at melee, Pistol / Kunai in secondary and Braton / Paris at Primary, did they change this ooor? Mainly asking because I wanted to play with shotgun :(

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Turhis posted:

So wanted to check out this game and looked over OP and it has 3 options for every starter weapon but when I'm playing the tutorial I can only see 2 options at every select, Sword / Bo at melee, Pistol / Kunai in secondary and Braton / Paris at Primary, did they change this ooor? Mainly asking because I wanted to play with shotgun :(

The only shotgun worth playing with is the Kohm. So power through with what you're given and build one of those ASAP.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kyte posted:

You know the tutorial is right there when you talk to Simaris. You just choose the "what is this Synthesis thing all about" option.

I was extremely wary about clicking anything in that menu. I didn't want to get locked into more unskippable dialog.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
Firstly, thanks to everyone who helped me out over the weekend, I've just about grinded enough creds to get plat transferred over now, whoop!

So I've made some pretty good progress, I've got Excalibur, the Braton, Lato and Heat Sword maxed, and I've got the Kana to about level 25. I'm now looking towards what I should be building next, and thankfully some kind soul (I'm really sorry but I can't remember who, I'm poo poo with names) helped me get the BPs for the Rhino parts, so that's the frame I'm going to do next.

Any suggestions on what I should do next for Primary, Secondary and Melee? I've got some Prime BPs from doing void grinding, I believe I've got BPs for the Boltor Prime and the Paris Prime, and another kind fellow gave me a BP for the Bo.

At this point I'm pretty much limited by the amount of XP that my mods need, and that seems like it's just going to take ages. Is the best way to do this simply to grind for cores? If so, what's the best way to go about doing that?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

landofcake posted:

Firstly, thanks to everyone who helped me out over the weekend, I've just about grinded enough creds to get plat transferred over now, whoop!

So I've made some pretty good progress, I've got Excalibur, the Braton, Lato and Heat Sword maxed, and I've got the Kana to about level 25. I'm now looking towards what I should be building next, and thankfully some kind soul (I'm really sorry but I can't remember who, I'm poo poo with names) helped me get the BPs for the Rhino parts, so that's the frame I'm going to do next.

Any suggestions on what I should do next for Primary, Secondary and Melee? I've got some Prime BPs from doing void grinding, I believe I've got BPs for the Boltor Prime and the Paris Prime, and another kind fellow gave me a BP for the Bo.

At this point I'm pretty much limited by the amount of XP that my mods need, and that seems like it's just going to take ages. Is the best way to do this simply to grind for cores? If so, what's the best way to go about doing that?

For leveling mods, just play the game normally. You'll get plenty of them as you move along in the game, and you really don't want to burn yourself out on grinding mods this early on. If you keep doing void stuff and progressing through the solar system map, you'll have plenty of mods and fusion cores to chuck into stuff you're leveling.

For weapon suggestions, depending on your rank you might want to get the Karak or regular Boltor, they're both pretty fun and powerful to use. For prime weapons... I would highly recommend NOT making the Boltor prime just yet. It will spoil you for every other weapon in the game, but definatly have it around for when you want to start doing higher mid-end game stuff. Paris Prime is great, feel free to make and use it.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

SaffronKit posted:

I would highly recommend NOT making the Boltor prime just yet. It will spoil you for every other weapon in the game

I hate to ask, but I've gotta ask ... why?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

landofcake posted:

It's one of the best guns in the game is why.

Also another thing to talk about mods-wise is that you really shouldn't worry about maxing rank 10 mods for a long while. At a certain point (rank 7 or 8) they take so many points that it's not worth it for a long time.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

landofcake posted:

Completely undmodded, at level 0, I have taken a Boltor Prime into a t3 Void mission before to help level it when I first got it.

I could kill everything up to and including heavy gunners with less then a half to a quarter of its clip up until about 20 minutes when everything started to ramp up, which is about par for some of the other weapons you can get fully modded at rank 30. (This was before nullifiers and bombards got added to the void, fyi).

It will ruin your perception of other weapons power, but goddamn if it isn't satisfying to spike everything to a wall.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
At that early in the game a Boltor Prime that's leveled up and modded somewhat right will feel like a Vulcan cannon going through soggy paper plates. Extremely overpowered weapons for the content you have quickly ruins the game's difficulty and can turn you into one of the sourpuss veterans like many of us here that are bored with how easy the game gets. Much like how MMOs oftentimes have two very different games between the leveling experience and what happens at the end, Warframe is consistent. However, I like to think that the stuff that's viscerally fun and enjoyable to do never goes away in "endgame" - it's just the same content with bigger numbers, faster, or with far more laziness (press 4 to win being the theme). Warframe is a game with pretty decent look and feel but rather shallow gameplay mechanics that's only recently been striving for something deeper.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

necrobobsledder posted:

quickly ruins the game's difficulty and can turn you into one of the sourpuss veterans like many of us here that are bored with how easy the game gets.

I did notice this when someone was running me through some Void Capture missions over the weekend (I can't remember who, again, sorry!) and they seemed to be genuinely depressed about the game ... I figure the thread should have some sort of sweepstake on how long it takes before I get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

landofcake posted:

I did notice this when someone was running me through some Void Capture missions over the weekend (I can't remember who, again, sorry!) and they seemed to be genuinely depressed about the game ... I figure the thread should have some sort of sweepstake on how long it takes before I get to that point.

Ignore the thread, become a maelstrom of bolts, blades, and beams of light that somehow do poison damage. Have fun bending the game over your knee and thrashing the poo poo out of it, not by grinding like a peasant.

:spergin::Grinds for 4 hours in captures so he can rank up a prime mod::spergin: