Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Sorry I took so long. I was busy with a new puppy last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JRizzle posted:

YAY! The best reason! What kind of puppy?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JRizzle posted:

Puppies excuse any delay. Have fun!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

JRizzle posted:

I got one about a month ago, I feel your pain!

What kind did you get?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh god more loving dog chat in the Football Forum.

(More dogge chat please.)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Hundley was an...interesting choice with Foles on the roster.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Yea but old man davecrazy isn't in this thread to grump it up. Also dogs rule, haters vacate

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So what's the hot take on Paul Dawson? Seems like he has all the physical tools but is a degenerate from all my info gathering? I almost went a couple different directions with this pick, but I'm holding off hope to fill those in later rounds. I figured Quinn could take the degenerate and turn him into a stud.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shath Hole posted:

So what's the hot take on Paul Dawson? Seems like he has all the physical tools but is a degenerate from all my info gathering? I almost went a couple different directions with this pick, but I'm holding off hope to fill those in later rounds. I figured Quinn could take the degenerate and turn him into a stud.

The comments from one site is that he doesn't study film. One scout supposedly was quoted saying he's got great talent but he'd make sure the guy stays alive in his building.

"He's an early round player without any question, but you don't have to dig around very deep or very long to realize that his personal character is going to be a major issue for some teams. My grade will be two rounds later than just the talent grade. It has to be factored in." -- AFC West regional scout

"I'll make sure he stays alive in our building because he's that good." -- NFC national scout

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gatts posted:

The comments from one site is that he doesn't study film. One scout supposedly was quoted saying he's got great talent but he'd make sure the guy stays alive in his building.

"He's an early round player without any question, but you don't have to dig around very deep or very long to realize that his personal character is going to be a major issue for some teams. My grade will be two rounds later than just the talent grade. It has to be factored in." -- AFC West regional scout

"I'll make sure he stays alive in our building because he's that good." -- NFC national scout

I read those exact quotes, hah. I wonder if he was just a giant douchebag in his interviews. I read that two rounds quote and was like dayum, to devalue a player two whole rounds based on character issues has to be baaaaaaaad but oh well this is for fun.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

warcrimes posted:

Hundley was an...interesting choice with Foles on the roster.

I don't care for Foles very much.

I got a Boxer, btw.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Gatts, your draft is already better than whatever the Browns are going to do in april. Congrats?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah, Fisher is a solid pick.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks. I've been overthinking a lot about this. So here's some crazy to follow.

The Browns signed Bowe WR and Starks DE so that's a reason I didn't do DE. We just paid a guy. We also have Gilbert at CB and I'd be willing to give it a year for him to get his poo poo together. The Browns secondary is pretty productive but the front wasn't and we lost Sheard. Shelton should help there to stuff the run and allow the back 4 to do their thing. Other option was to wait for NT and get Malcom Brown at 19 and then a different pick at 12, which probably would have been DE or LB.

I really wanted to push for Peat, Flowers, Humphries, Clemmens at 19 with a WR in the 2nd, which there is one guy I'm still hoping to grab in the 3rd maybe, but after Parker dropped that far I switched it up and thought to give the Browns more offense at 19. I still thought of WR but then again reading more on Jake I thought go OT.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Man, shath hole, I'm back to the board.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Sorry bud. If it helps it was him or Stephone Anthony. :shobon:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Cheifs need QB, O Line, Inside Linebacker. Draft a QB. You know you want to.

Shath Hole posted:

Sorry bud. If it helps it was him or Stephone Anthony. :shobon:

Unless I missed something, Stephone was drafted by SF in the first round.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 22, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gatts posted:

Unless I missed something, Stephone was drafted by SF in the first round.

Well then...I guess its good I went with Dawson :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If the Saints actually drafted according to how this draft is going so far, I'd be amazed and delighted. I am biased of course.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was looking at him if the Bills didn't get Clay, good pick

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tremendous Taste posted:

I was looking at him if the Bills didn't get Clay, good pick

Thanks. I figure they'll do something in the draft to address the TE situation, even with Josh Hill looking decent last year. I didn't think he'd still be around in the 3rd, so why not?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'll make the pick this afternoon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks. I figure they'll do something in the draft to address the TE situation, even with Josh Hill looking decent last year. I didn't think he'd still be around in the 3rd, so why not?

Good pick! I was very close to taking him but I figured we had bigger needs on defense. I could see Atlanta taking him in the real draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shath Hole posted:

Good pick! I was very close to taking him but I figured we had bigger needs on defense. I could see Atlanta taking him in the real draft.

Thanks! So could I. It would definitely make a lot of sense. As much as I want the Saints to win during the year, if we had lost the Tampa game, I think we would have had Atlanta's spot.

It seems as though the two franchises need similar players and Atlanta is going to have the first choice each round unless trade shenanigans happen.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Came very close to grabbing Funchess, but that guy just can't catch a contested pass - a bit important when playing in the NFC West.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I think there is a lot of depth this draft.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Gatts posted:

I think there is a lot of depth this draft.

Yeah, but some positions fall off a cliff early.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I wonder how Minnesota's draft will play out. The GM has earned the nickname Slick Rick by pulling off a lot of draft day deals so I can't imagine that he will sit on his hands this time around. Left guard has been an issue on the Vikings for awhile so I picked (what should be) a good one while they were still available. There's a theory that Kalil has gone downhill some because he's been distracted by bad play at LG. Cann is described as a mauler best suited for straight ahead blocking which is what Minnesota has been doing recently.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Players Drafted

Quarterback
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Brett Hundley

Runningback
Todd Gurley
Melvin Gordon

Wide Receiver
Kevin White
Amari Cooper
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jaelen Strong
Sammie Coates
Davante Parker

Tight End
Maxx Williams

Offensive Tackle
Brandon Schreff
La'El Collins
T.J. Clemmings
D.J Humphries
Jake Fisher
Andrus Peat
Ereck Flowers

Offensive Guard
A.J. Cann
Laken Tomlinson

Offensive Center
Cameron Fleming

Defensive End
Leonard Williams
Dante Fowler Jr.
Vic Beasley
Randy Gregory
Bud Dupree
Owamagbe Odighizuwa
Nate Orchard
Preston Smith

Defensive Tackle
Danny Shelton
Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Jordan Phillips
Arik Armstead

Outside Linebacker
Shane Ray
Eli Harold

Inside Linebacker
Stephone Anthony
Shaq Thompson
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman
Paul Dawson

Cornerback
Trae Waynes
Marcus Peters
Kevin Johnson
Jalen Collins
P.J. Williams

Safeties
Landon Collins

I made this to keep track of everyone who has been drafted. It is up to date with the 48th pick.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 24, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Super cool, korrandark, that will be very helpful

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Coldforge posted:

Yeah, but some positions fall off a cliff early.

I'm not super familiar with all the prospects so which positions are you talking about? I know Quarterback, Safety, and interior OL aren't too highly regarded this draft, any that I'm missing?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

KettleWL posted:

I'm not super familiar with all the prospects so which positions are you talking about? I know Quarterback, Safety, and interior OL aren't too highly regarded this draft, any that I'm missing?

Tight End is extremely thin. Defensive tackle is pretty top heavy as well.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

korrandark posted:

Tight End is extremely thin. Defensive tackle is pretty top heavy as well.

Yeah. RB is deep, WR is deep, Edge is fairly deep, CB is deep (but not strong). Everything else seems either top heavy or lacking.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I thought DT was regarded as pretty deep this draft all in all? Maybe it's just there's more top level DTs but a larger drop off after them?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

KettleWL posted:

I thought DT was regarded as pretty deep this draft all in all? Maybe it's just there's more top level DTs but a larger drop off after them?

Yes, pretty much. It's why I took Phillips, despite his risk. There's still good DE/OLB edge guys left, but not much at interior DT/NT.

Edit: there's only two or three interior guys left that I think would be worth looking at as possible starters, and two of them are really only fits in 4-3.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 23, 2015

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Yes, pretty much. It's why I took Phillips, despite his risk. There's still good DE/OLB edge guys left, but not much at interior DT/NT.

Edit: there's only two or three interior guys left that I think would be worth looking at as possible starters, and two of them are really only fits in 4-3.

This draft is actually thin on 4-3 pass rushing DEs. All the top guys are really 3-4 scheme guys. The top actual DEs all need work on the pass rushing skillz0rz.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

warcrimes posted:

This draft is actually thin on 4-3 pass rushing DEs. All the top guys are really 3-4 scheme guys. The top actual DEs all need work on the pass rushing skillz0rz.

I disagree only in that there's still some guys left with potential that could work in 4-3, but I really can't imagine them ever working out in a 3-4.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
SO CLOSE TO AJ CANN GOD DAMMIT

This is the all potential team at this point. Both could be huge booms or huge busts (much more likely)

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 23, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

God dammit Dolfan.

That's twice now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Any Texans fans want to chime in my pm box is barren.

• Locked thread