Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I play this game on and off since its CBT, and I'm having fun... I also don't care about the effectivness of my loadout or if I aquire the best gun/sword/frame to be able grind grind mission x for an optimized drop in fusion cores or something. Just don't do that and just enjoy killing spacemen and you'll have fun for a long time, even if you'll occasionally will take a break of a few weeks or months to return later and check out new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Yeah basically so long as you remember this is a game and not a job there's not really a problem.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
all I really want are QoL improvements and silly hats for my dog.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
like there's absolutely no reason to require a Conclave sigil to be worn in order to gain Conclave standing. That's so fuckin' dumb.

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

Denzine posted:

all I really want are QoL improvements and silly hats for my dog.

Totally want a hat for my doggie! Maybe a scarf too.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Goggles for space dogs. Goggles AND scarves, dammit. Give them archwings and we'll have aviator space dogs and the number of platinum transactions will tank DE's servers. Space dogs taking out grineer and corpus might make Archwing entertaining somewhat.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

landofcake posted:

I did notice this when someone was running me through some Void Capture missions over the weekend (I can't remember who, again, sorry!) and they seemed to be genuinely depressed about the game ... I figure the thread should have some sort of sweepstake on how long it takes before I get to that point.

We're just a bit bummed that the last patch did some really stupid poo poo and made the game even more grindy than before. Don't worry, we'll forget about it in a week or two.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They should make archwing for kubros imo

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I just reinstall this and notice all my stuff from the previous time i played is gone. Now i played this like a year+ ago, was there a character wipe?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

jhorphear posted:

I just reinstall this and notice all my stuff from the previous time i played is gone. Now i played this like a year+ ago, was there a character wipe?

No, you're just stuck in the tutorial. Complete that, and you'll get it all back.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
I see they got rid of the Seahorse head for Chroma before releasing the new frame, how is the game play for it? Is it worth getting? I watched a bit of twitch streaming on day one, were i guess something dropped the cash for it, but it looked very cumbersome and clunky.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Seahorse head is still there, it's an alternate helmet for it. If the upper part wouldn't look so ridiculous it would be pretty nice, the lower part looks like an ancient medival knight helmet, like some knight killed a giant sea-horse dragon and put the its skull on top of its helmet... too bad he couldn't find a real dragont o kill :smith:

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Flipswitch posted:

They should make archwing for kubros imo

Barkwing. Make it happen DE. Do it. Let them carry a veritux in their teeth and add a rocket booster precept.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

SSNeoman posted:

We're just a bit bummed that the last patch did some really stupid poo poo and made the game even more grindy than before. Don't worry, we'll forget about it in a week or two.

At least they reverted Dark Sector credit rewards to how they were pre-patch.

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

I went back through a bit of the thread and didn't find any mention of a still active PS4 clan, but I've been playing there quite a bit again and would much appreciate a re-invite if anyone is still around. Thanks!

PSN: Clownballoon

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

My free starter Excalibur frame sucks now, his power move wont even hit dudes who are standing in front of me.

It wasn't great to begin with but now goddamn what a waste. I'm going to make the Banshee next I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Excalibur.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

quote:

Doubled Dark Sector credit rewards again (a bug was doubling these rewards previously and fixing the bug resulted in an unintended nerf. For clarity, Void credits were never touched.).
You know I'd always wondered when would they fix the bug that had the game drop twice as much credits as it promised. Well that was U16, and thus the forums exploded. :v:

quote:

Removed Orokin Catalyst/Reactor and Forma from Cephalon Capture reward manifest.
Whoever called it you get nothing because it was obvious as hell.

quote:

Slide attacks in PvP will now only use the base damage of the melee weapon wielded. Previously, slide attacks used a damage multiplier; this was shifting the balance in a negative direction.
Rhino’s Iron Skin is no longer a permanent buff, and will begin to slowly decay after a short period of time.
Made adjustments to Rhino’s Charge damage in PvP.
Arcane Helmets have been removed from PvP.
Mods that increase maximum clip size may now be used in PvP.
Increased DPS for all Primary and Secondary weapons in PvP.
Increased the damage of Frost’s Freeze ability in PvP.
Increased the range of Mag’s Pull ability in PvP.
Increased the amount of overshield from Mag’s Shield Polarize ability in PvP.
Reduced the damage of Volt’s Shock ability in PvP.
Reduced the damage of all Paris bows in PvP.

quote:

Removed dead animation time at the end of Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and radial Blind casting animations.
That's... something?

quote:

Players without a Synthesis Scanner equipped during a scan will no longer receive Synthesis progress.
FYI this implies everyone gets synthesis credit for scanning, meaning the thing about forcing you to solo for it is not true. (I remember someone claiming that, dunno if here or somewhere else)

quote:

Fixed the Grineer Manic’s animations not properly deactivating Warframe powers, giving him unintended power immunity pre-attack. Tackles from the Grineer Manic will now properly disable Warframe powers as intended.
What the gently caress.
E: As in, "I have no loving idea what is it trying to say".

Kyte fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 24, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The removal of Excal's recovery frames is a huge boost to his usability. Too bad nobody will ever use him now because he's loving trash.

I think the Manic is no longer immune to powers unless he successfully tackles a Warframe? I'll go check.

edit: well he's highly resistant to Bastille but he does seem to be affected by powers now.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 24, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
" Slide attacks in PvP will now only use the base damage of the melee weapon wielded. Previously, slide attacks used a damage multiplier; this was shifting the balance in a negative direction.

So people using a difficult to land skill in pvp is a negative to game balance? Hahaha :de:

For clarification, slide attacks aren't that hard to land on targets on the ground. But this is loving warframe, you should be running around and flying everywhere.

Static_Fiend
Jun 4, 2003

Who amongst us will have reached the end?
For anyone skeptic of them rebuffing the credits for Dark Sectors, I tested it myself and definitely got proper amount of credits from Yursa (19k for 5 waves).

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Static_Fiend posted:

For anyone skeptic of them rebuffing the credits for Dark Sectors, I tested it myself and definitely got proper amount of credits from Yursa (19k for 5 waves).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7X7H6kpqR4

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 24, 2015

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Display bug?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Denzine posted:

Display bug?

Nope :smug:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Is this a squad of Chromas? I need to do this when mine is done building.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That's fuckin ridiculous.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.
So, I'm collecting materials to build Sybaris. Is it by any chance worth the effort? My current primary is Latron.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A squad of Chroma is more fun to play with than you'd think. Dragons everywhere :black101:

cat_snake
Nov 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Mq68_Kss0

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Talk about pressing 4...

I want in on this after I hit 10...

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
DE giveth, and DE taketh. Those are some glorious numbers. No credit boosters I'm presuming?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425416-update-161-volt-prime/

Update 16.1: Volt Prime
Volt Prime and the newest Prime Gear is here!

A shocking agent of death, Volt Prime speeds into Prime Access.

Get Volt Prime Access now and make the newest Primes yours - instantly - including Volt Prime, Odonata Prime, Edo Prime Armor and the Kazeru Prime Sugatra. Plus, stock up on discounted Platinum and get Exclusive Gear available only through Prime Access!

Packages include:

NEW VOLT PRIME WARFRAME
Harness electricity and bring high damage with Volt Prime, the newest addition to the ranks of elite Prime Warframes.

NEW PRIME ARCHWING
Take flight with Odonata Prime.

PRIME ACCESSORIES
Modify your Warframe with the Edo Prime Armor and Kazeru Prime Sugatra. Add Exclusive Volt Prime Avatars to your online presence! Speed up your in-game progress with 90-Day Affinity and Credit Boosters.

DISCOUNTED PLATINUM
Give your Platinum supply a boost at a great price.

You can begin to hunt for Volt Prime parts using our drop tables for guidance: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425415-prime-gear-drop-locations/

PvP Changes
Reduced Bo Prime’s damage to be closer to the other Bo weapons.
Volt’s Overload is now more noticeable in PvP, particularly for players using black energy.

Changes
Increased the Standing cap for Simaris to be the same as other Syndicates.
Rewards for Synthesis scanning now count towards your daily Standing limit.
Added colorblind pipe variants for the Trials of Vay Hek.

Fixes
Fixed Sigils overlapping on shoulder attachments.
Fixed players earning experience from Simulacrum kills.
Fixed players earning ability experience from Simulacrum kills.
Fixed login errors occurring in new player accounts.
Fixed players without a Synthesis Scanner equipped receiving mid-Mission notification of a rare capture target.
Fixed Chroma’s Vex Armor increasing for shield / health decreases caused by Elemental Ward ending as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425092-permanent-fury-on-chroma/
Fixed Synthesis scans not displaying how much standing has been earned.
Fixed Ripkas not taking the proper color customizations from players.
Fixed rare Synthesis targets spawning in Trials of Vay Hek.
Fixed Mk1 Bo not being usable in PvP.
Fixed Chroma’s pelt not functioning properly for Clients.
Fixed inconsistent headshot multipliers in PvP, all weapons now have 2x crit multiplier on headshots.
Fixed Chroma’s Effigy giving players a stacking credit boost. One Effigy per Chroma.
Fixed an issue with Ash’s Bladestorm when one of his targets becomes Mind Controlled mid-Bladestorm as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425163-blade-storm-mind-control-horrible-bug/
Fixed Frost’s Icicle and Ember’s Fireball auto-targeting the enemy’s torso when aiming manually at a target.
Fixed some instances of crashes related to players using AMD drivers.
Fixed melee attacks not properly aligning to camera for Clients entering a Mission.

edit: vvvv

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/425415-prime-gear-drop-locations/ <--- Proper list.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 24, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Now the real question is, where are the new part hiding in the Void at? Logic would dictate where the other parts were at before they removed them, but, you know. That's logical.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Use our drop tables for guidance!
*drop tables are not useful*

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So of the 8 new Prime items, 5 drop in Tower Survivals?

(And of the three remaining, 2 drop in Captures. And somehow DE complains about people running the same mission types over and over...)

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Volt prime chassis - survival t3 rotation C
Volt Prime systems - survival t1 rotation C

Passburger fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 24, 2015

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Odotana Prime BP: Capture 1
Odotana Prime Systems: Survival 1 Rotation A
Odotana Prime Harness: Sabotage 1.

More as I find out, well, more.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's the laziest Prime helmet so far, I think. "Let's just stick half a gold horn in the middle of his face and call it a day :effort:"

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I thought this update was supposed to have Parkour 2.0? Have DE talked any more about it recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Do the Odanta recipies involve Tellurium? If so, how much?