Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Bimmi posted:

Best thing about the ZZ is that it's pretty much acknowledged in its own show as being an overdesigned lovely kludge of a mobile suit which is only effective due to sheer brute power and having a preternaturally talented psychic murder artist for a pilot.

And that's why the ZZ owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kanos posted:

You don't deserve to love Tryon 3 if you don't believe in the glory of its father. :mad:

the ZZ is an ugly mess that doesn't know if it wants to be a real robot or a super robot, while the Tryon embraces its super robot look and is awesome for it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The ZZ is beautiful and doesn't have to take your poo poo. :colbert:

Also OST 2 is out and god drat I have no idea how they plan on using all of these songs in the like two remaining episodes. Talk about a wasted soundtrack.

Track 5 has flamenco!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Track 5 has flamenco!

Well, no prize for guessing how they'll manage to use that track.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Here's the theme for Tryon 3, by the way. I'm pretty sure we heard all of twenty seconds of it. :geno:
Naniwa is an old name for Osaka.

EDIT: Oh no wait that's right, they played it for the whole gattai sequence. We got about half of it.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 24, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That's a cool theme for the coolest Gunpla.

...This really should be Tryon-3: The Series, instead of JIGEN HAOH RYUUU the series. The more time passes, the more I'm sure of this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maybe it'll show up again in the last episode or something.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So many good songs that are only gonna see the light of day for maybe all of ten seconds. :(
Track 1 is hilarious.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

BlitzBlast posted:

Track 5 has flamenco!

I need to know. How much passion does it have?

AstraLunaSol
Mar 6, 2013

ActionZero posted:

Too drat much.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ActionZero posted:

I'm sorry everyone, I don't know how many times [the passion] this is...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Having listened to OST 2, I have to wonder if in addition to the usual artwork touchups that happen for the DVD/Blu-Ray versions, are they also going to replace the music in the second half, which a lot came from season 1, with stuff from the second OST as well? Like others have mentioned, if anything from the second OST has been played, it really was very brief and unless you painstakingly went back and listened to the second half of the show, you'd never know it got played.

That said, I do like some of the stuff from the other composer, Asami Tachibana. I guess Yuuki Hayashi needed some help with music this time or something.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Hayashi has worked with Tachibana on basically all of his projects prior to BF. I wouldn't be surprised if he requested their presence.

EDIT: Also I may as well upload the stuff Yuly was in because the rap is always the best part of any given BF OST. I'm pretty sure neither of them have shown up yet though, so spoilers.

The Summer Gundaba has begun.
Buppigan (I have no idea what it's supposed to translate to. Also this is probably going to be the song for the final clash.)

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 24, 2015

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Holy poo poo. :aaaaa:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Holy poo poo best yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Build Fighters has the best OST names, seriously

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

In the gunpla video game that will never make it's way to america this is the song for the Superboss fight against the Meijin Kawaguchi the Third.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Gundam Breaker 2?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ActionZero posted:

Holy poo poo best yet.

I think I still prefer the original one, personally.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i'm almost willing to put money on them forgetting to make the technique Junya showed Sekai relevant in tomorrow's episode

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

muike posted:

i'm almost willing to put money on them forgetting to make the technique Junya showed Sekai relevant in tomorrow's episode

Why? It's not like this is a Tomino show.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EDIT: Yeah it's just a jab at the G-Arcane thing.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 25, 2015

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I've seen a lot of Tomino stuff and I'm not sure I understand the reference. If it's from G-Reco just say that and I will understand.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
One episode left and that drat thing still hasn't transformed.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Oh. Ok. I am severely behind on that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Does Try have 2 or 3 episodes left to go?

Wonder if they'll drop an actual sequel hook in the show at the end.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Try has only two episodes left.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSDlGv0kRBo

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yuuma vs Adou and Shia vs Fumina were pretty great, especially Yuuma vs Adou. Sekai vs Wilfrid was pretty predictable/forgettable because they couldn't seem to come up with a way to have them fight besides both of them cycling their super modes up and ramming into each other. All in all not as bad as it could have been. FrankenBurning was pretty awesome looking too. Most hilarious moment of the episode was Shia and Fumina lampshading "Hey wouldn't this have been even more awesome 1v1?"

Oh and they destroyed the Earth. :stonk:

Kanos fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 25, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

If I had one word for this episode, it would be "meh".

There was a surprising amount of stock footage this episode. I figured it would be for the sequence at the end, but that wasn't really impressive enough to justify all that budget saving. The fights were okay I guess, but why, exactly, did everyone decide to fire a beam at the same point? Also I guess Sekai wins not only because Sei built his gunpla, but because Junya taught him exactly what he needed to do beforehand to neutralize Wilfred's new ace in the hole.

The Adou vs Yuuma and Shia vs Fumina scenes were really forced, but they were still better than Sekai vs Wilfrid which was just maximum :geno:. Sekai didn't even bust out his actual super move either. Try Burning Repair vs Transient Repair started off nice, but quickly turned into of all things a dragon vs tiger tackling match. I guess it was cool the earth got destroyed though. Oh, and Sei!

I wondered how I would feel about an episode where I didn't care about either team. I guess I know now.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Who has a time limit on a final? Franken Tri was at least appropriately hideous though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

linall posted:

Who has a time limit on a final? Franken Tri was at least appropriately hideous though.

Why would you unbalance high-power booster engines like that though? I'm surprised it didn't just arc off into the ground at Mach-2.

The Sekai/Wilfred fight was pretty goddamn dull (I really hate Bit weapons like that, because it just devolves into "the Bit hits out of nowhere because the script says so". Saga's ones are okay, because they're more like homing missiles and come in a single linear swarm for the most part), but I actually really enjoyed the two-on-two fight with Fumina and Yuuma taking on Saga and Shia. For once it actually seemed like they were old friends having fun, instead of just sidekicks to Sekai winning the day. It was also a really good brutal fight to the bitter end. Funny how they just dropped the downside to Assimilation completely at the end though, what with the Try Burning's arm right through by Wilfred's spear. Not to mention the Try Burning getting turned to melty plastic at the very end.

Also are they seriously going to just run a 25-minute Gunpla advertisement next week? I am going to laugh my rear end off if it turns out that what all the show's time and money has been saved for.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
It is funny how Fumina and Yuuma actually sound and look more hot-blooded than Sekai. Pseudo New-Type bullshit between people using plastic toys to punch each other is the best :allears:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also are they seriously going to just run a 25-minute Gunpla advertisement next week? I am going to laugh my rear end off if it turns out that what all the show's time and money has been saved for.

It is a 25-minute advertisement for the sequel. :ssh:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
The final battle between Wilfrid and Sekai was DBZ as all hell and I loved every minute of it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I didn't mind the tiger vs. phoenix fight. It at least makes sense, the end game of Plavsky particle fuckery is just making giant Plavksy particles monsters around your gunpla.

Are they really gonna announce new Gunpla in the next episode? Like, in-universe announce things for real life?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoyed the earlier parts of the battle. People planned around each other and tried to work out ideas to work as a team. Characters supported each other in battle instead of instantly breaking off into 1v1 fights. You saw Shia saving Saga and Wilfried working to support her afterwards. The 'everyone uses their beams at the same time' thing was pretty silly but whatevs.

The second part of the fight... well, Saga and Shia vs Fumina and Yuuma was pretty good. It was really nice to see Fumina and Yuuma actually acting like friends and allies and 2v2 allowed them to kind of split off into 1v1 without it feeling entirely that way. Pretty disappointing Winning RG Mode never did anything but Winning Beam but I guess that is due to animation pain-in-the-rear end. Saga eating a chest full of missiles was pretty good too.

Sekai vs Wilfred was more boring. It was just them ramming themselves into each other over and over. They overused the glowy-lines-clashing thing and it had no real impact. The fight inside the colony remains was better since they were at least impacting one another but even there they did like "Oh, I recognize that technique" and then Sekai glowed and somehow beat it. Assimilation was a giant wet fart of a plot point that never went anywhere and barely seemed to matter in the final fight. (Sekai closed his eye briefly I guess?) and in general it just seemed like it was a battle of who glowed harder, which stands out even more next to his partners being absurdly hot-blooded. Tiger vs Phoenix was kind of fun and I guess blowing up a chunk of the Earth is the only way to beat blowing up the moon.

I think it's hard to get excited about what was otherwise a fairly good fight because like... it didn't feel earned or really justified? Their opponents were no less dedicated and talented than they were, nor less honorable, nor... really there was no real why I should care either from a character development standpoint or a plot standpoint who won this fight. Sekai is the protagonist so I guess I wanted him to win because he's the protagonist?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Are they really gonna announce new Gunpla in the next episode? Like, in-universe announce things for real life?
God I hope so.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The end of the Shia vs. Fumina fight just cemented my belief that their entire rivalry makes zero sense as it is and would have worked prefectly fine if Shia had befriended Fumina instead of randomly going off after Sekai. It's weird that they never had them interact for more than a second.

And yeah, the 2v2 was the best part of the episode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You know, if you don't count the X1 FC we haven't had a single outright cameo since episode 19. :smith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, the fight itself had lots of nice moments, animation, touches, etc.

It's still kinda soured by the fact the audience hasn't actually been sold on why Team Try Fighters should be there and why we should be rooting for them, though.

Also the Newtype moment between Shia and Fumina was funny for a bunch of reasons. Including tears apparently substituting for plavsky particles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Why does Winning even have a real mode? She consistently transforms just to spam Winning Beam (which was hilarious this episode, at least) and then become useless.

The writers honestly couldn't think of anything else, so they had to throw in a time-out to repeat the end of the first season of BF? I don't even know why I'm surprised any more.

• Locked thread