Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have that panel where kira blows up some random jerk nonchalantly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

chaos rhames posted:

Does anyone have that panel where kira blows up some random jerk nonchalantly?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
so good.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
After the fight, the arrow falls out of GER. I don't think it shows GE or GER afterwards at all, so who knows if he still has those powers? The one thing to support him still having GER is that Silver Chariot Requiem continued to be Silver Chariot Requiem after being stabbed. GER temp merging with the arrow could have just been to keep Diavolo from just picking it up and using it on himself too.

http://www.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/17/112
http://www.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/17/201

I somehow feel that Girono would be fine with going back to just GE, since he wasn't even sure of GER's exact powers in the first place.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

That whole scene is incredible. The zoom out when he is holding the girls hand to reveal that he has blown her up just barely off panel is some good god drat comic booking.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Can't loving wait to see Always Sunny In Morioh animated.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Fucknag posted:

Can't loving wait to see Always Sunny In Morioh animated.

Kira Yoshikage Just Wants A Quiet Life
*Intro plays*

Longhouse
Nov 8, 2010

Chill out, dog

Zeruel posted:

Kira Yoshikage Just Wants A Quiet Life
*Intro plays*

Which in all honesty is the best chapter title I've seen in Jojo. It even rivals those nonsensical Bleach titles like Satan From Orbit :allears:

e: Hahaha, I looked through some of the above mentioned Bleach titles, and they're so hilariously metal. Tyrant Of Skulls, The Metal Cudgel Flinger, Let Eat The World's End and Spit On Your Own God :allears:

Longhouse fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 21, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable is the best title, because Crazy Diamond is the best Stand and Diamond is Unbreakable is the best part.

E: https://mangahelpers.com/t/kewl0210/releases/41139

JoJolion 41 English transcript to be used on scans.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 21, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable is the best title, because Crazy Diamond is the best Stand and Diamond is Unbreakable is the best part.
That one's really good. One of my favorites is Let's Go Eat Italian Food! because both the title and the chapter are a perfect example of why Part 4 is so great.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Watching the anime, I think this is the first time Araki realized what he wanted Jotaro's Stand to actually do (and DIo's by extension).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Darko posted:

Watching the anime, I think this is the first time Araki realized what he wanted Jotaro's Stand to actually do (and DIo's by extension).

I still think it was kind of rough, since DIO's demonstrations of The World don't fit neatly with the time stop thing (cue those hilarious gifs of DIO pranking Hol Horse and Polnareff).

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I still think it was kind of rough, since DIO's demonstrations of The World don't fit neatly with the time stop thing (cue those hilarious gifs of DIO pranking Hol Horse and Polnareff).

Maybe not. I purposely avoided re-reading Stardust ever since the manga started getting re-adapted (so I could forget how some Stand fights went), so there probably is a lot of contradictory stuff to go that I forgot about.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Darko posted:

Maybe not. I purposely avoided re-reading Stardust ever since the manga started getting re-adapted (so I could forget how some Stand fights went), so there probably is a lot of contradictory stuff to go that I forgot about.

It was probably something time-related, but moving people around and posing them only really fits stopping time if we assume DIO is just an rear end in a top hat. Which, admittedly, fits his personality, but I dunno it just might have been general manipulation for a while.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I read Jotaro getting a Drink and a Cig as Star Platty just doing his original trick of just getting Jotaro a bunch of poo poo that he wanted from when he was in prison. Everyone else being too distracted to notice him walking around.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
DIO doesn't actually need to manually pick up the people he's time-punking himelf, he could have The World do it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

DIO doesn't actually need to manually pick up the people he's time-punking himelf, he could have The World do it.

Counterpoint: he still totally would.

Come to think of it, does DIO even use The World's actual fighting abilities except to counter Stand attacks? He's a super powered vampire after all, he can already kick rear end on his own.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's funnier to imagine Dio running down the stairs, moving Polnareff, then running back up to resume his pose.

It's that personal touch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fact D'Arby knows about DIO's power means that DIO almost definitely abuses it while at home to troll everyone else in his mansion.

"Where did I put my sandwich? It was here a minute ago. It moved again? ... and again. God-drat it DIO"
"WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

e:
I've been colouring some JoJo stuff to kill time and practice digital colouring, I'm not super good, but I thought you guys might enjoy some of them.

(dude on /a/ made an amazing vector for used as the base to this. I'll link it)

(Silightly altered background colours: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12064557/sptw4.png)

The vector (it's huge): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12064557/twvector.jpg

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 21, 2015

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
He used The World to put a cat head in a man's food in the middle of his fight with Joseph and Jotaro. DIO is the best stand user.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MelvinBison posted:

He used The World to put a cat head in a man's food in the middle of his fight with Joseph and Jotaro. DIO is the best stand user.

I always kinda forget about the sudden storm of needlessly loving up people's nights, and it means I laugh my rear end off everytime I get there.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The best thing about that fight is that Dio just does things to piss off everyone he passes that night, from a senator, to people unfortunate enough to be on a sidewalk, to random people eating nearby.

Of course, he's defeated by pissing off the wrong person.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://bato.to/read/_/311995/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion_ch41_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

JoJolion 41 is out.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How I feel having to wait every month.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Getting some Sheer Heart Attack vibes from the tornado Stand.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Getting some Sheer Heart Attack vibes from the tornado Stand.

SMH if Holy Sandstorm isn't the first thing you think of.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Stairmaster posted:

SMH if Holy Sandstorm isn't the first thing you think of.

Automatic Stand.
Relentlessly chases its target.
Activated by bodily function (in this case, breath).

Though yes, Holy Sandstorm also comes to mind, especially with the Pillar Men/rock men theme.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do we know what happened to gappy? I thought he was still stuck with Joushuu and Jobin.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Cross posting from the anime thread because I don't want to draw attention to it, but agreed. If we're not allowed to say "Part 7 is a Western", then don't say anything at all. Or cross post here, like true gentlemen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My issue wasn't that people were really spoiling anything, they kinda weren't, it's that they were being obnoxiously hint hint about it.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Paisley Park continues to be the best stand.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Automatic Stand.
Relentlessly chases its target.
Activated by bodily function (in this case, breath).

Add to that list: Josuke could most likely defeat it in seconds.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

My issue wasn't that people were really spoiling anything, they kinda weren't, it's that they were being obnoxiously hint hint about it.

Oh, to be clear, that's my issue too. Creating little in-jokes and poo poo the anime people can't get, and the thread rules prevent us from explaining, is lame. Doubly so when there is a thread specifically for that kinda thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To be honest, I was being serious about the Hol Horse spin-off and didn't mean for it to turn into Part VII hinting.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
My post re: 'Jotaro using SP to do scientific style drawings of microscopic plankton' was 100% intentional and I assume that's how he actually does it.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
That would have made those stupid bacteria sketches in bio lab waaaaaay easier. Does SBR even have a Hol Horse equivalent? Haven't made it through Stone Ocean yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kiiiiiiinda.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Assuming SC has 48 episodes, June 5th will be the last episode.

Hol Horse and Boingo should only have two episodes, so that leaves 11 left to divide among Pet Shop, D'arby II, Vanilla Ice, and DIO.

Maybe two for Pet Shop, two for D'arby II, three for Vanilla Ice, and four for DIO?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I recall reading that they're going for 50.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Maybe two for Pet Shop, two for D'arby II, three for Vanilla Ice, and four for DIO?

That does seem the conventional breakdown, yes. I could possibly see three for D'Arby 2 instead of Vanilla Ice, but 4 for Dio seems ironclad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
One episode for Nukesaku and Kenny G's time in the limelight (Hopefully with their own buddy ED)

• Locked thread