Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Tubes :classiclol:

My Brother, My Brother and Me: Blueberries and Heroin Plants

is International Waters funny, anyone? Cuz it's the first MaxFun ad that didn't sound immediately douchey, forced quirky, and super lame so I was actually gonna try it

I like how the brothers think they introduced "having fun looking at Yahoo Answers"

Well, that was a novel thing 5 years ago or so when they introduced it to the medium of podcasts. Now that particular bit is getting loving crowded in podcasts specifically which is a legit complaint. But if they're steeze didn't taste so right, people wouldn't be bunchin crunchin it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

International Waters is pretty good. It's all down to the panelists they have on it. Like there's one where Jasper Red from The Goosedown is on it and he's just not even trying to be funny or get the answers right and it's really awkward.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I'm one of the weirdos that doesn't find Jesse Thorn annoying or whatever, but International Waters is waaayy better with Dave Holmes as host.

Lucky Raccoon
Aug 17, 2006

Let's put on our classics and have a little dance shall we?
Man, with the Adventure Zone donor episode and now back to back episodes this and next week, I feel spoiled. It's gonna be a bummer to go back to waiting 2 weeks again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Travis didn't describe Magnus' sleepclothes, so I imagine that he was wearing a pair of white boxers with red hearts all over them and a leather strap securing Railsplitter to his bare back.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

International Waters is also written by fellow goon Asterios Kokkinos, so it's automatically good.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
It's not a great panel show but international waters does something different from most podcasts which automatically gives it a bit more credit in my eyes.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I think it would be better if it were a podcast where they riffed on bad movies and discussed video games using only quotes from Yahoo! Answers.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I have somehow managed to not resize that podcasts about video games were especially common until just now.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I really want to hear/see(?) that pbs thing Clint was talking about where Jon Pertwee made fun of him

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really like this show, it's p good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The promise of a MBMBaM wives edition is pushing me closer and closer to the brink of donating.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

kidcoelacanth posted:

The promise of a MBMBaM wives edition is pushing me closer and closer to the brink of donating.

Do it. The bonus episodes are easily worth the money.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea even if you literally only like this one show they have what six bonus episodes now, and they're all gold.

The Adventure Zone, as I said, is legitimately one of the funniest things they've done too, and basically all the bonuses are great if you like the podcasts they're from. Flop House has a good one that's a Q&A and a review of Small Wonder the TV show because why not.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Travis343 posted:

Do it. The bonus episodes are easily worth the money.

I relisten to the 2012 episode every year and it's still amazing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's at least 2 bonus episodes with their Dad giving advice along with them and they're still some of the best content mbmbam has produced.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Travis343 posted:

There's at least 2 bonus episodes with their Dad giving advice along with them and they're still some of the best content mbmbam has produced.

Including one question where Justin threatens to quit the show and go join Stop Podcasting Yourself. It's real good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea both dad episodes rule but the latest one involves him trolling Justin very hard and that's just wonderful.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I thought today's episode was real good. I like when Griffin freaks out though. I almost crashed my car from laughing too hard

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hahaha yeah, like the shoplifting bit. If anybody listens to the Polygon Quality Control cast he went on a pretty good rant about the new 3DS.

"Sega would NEVER do this!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Travis343 posted:

Hahaha yeah, like the shoplifting bit. If anybody listens to the Polygon Quality Control cast he went on a pretty good rant about the new 3DS.

"Sega would NEVER do this!"

Is that the new Besties?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
It's a one-on-one interview thing. So, no incredibly poorly thought-out bits and stupid characters. So, not really?

Anyway, the Sawbones donor special is actually the final episode of Losing The Sheen. It's a commentary track for the batshit insanity that is the Talfmen series finale. Get yourself the episode, and strap in. It's a ride.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ElNarez posted:

Anyway, the Sawbones donor special is actually the final episode of Losing The Sheen. It's a commentary track for the batshit insanity that is the Talfmen series finale. Get yourself the episode, and strap in. It's a ride.

well poo poo guess I'm donating then

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

myron cope posted:

I thought today's episode was real good. I like when Griffin freaks out though. I almost crashed my car from laughing too hard

I had 8 hours of work today that I filled with podcasts, so I can't even remember what Griffin was yelling about but I remember it was the hardest I've laughed at a podcast in a while.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

I had 8 hours of work today that I filled with podcasts, so I can't even remember what Griffin was yelling about but I remember it was the hardest I've laughed at a podcast in a while.

Slimefoot.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Clint McElroy reading off donation drive gifts is maybe my new favorite thing.

Also, I did the donor thing. Dammit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Which MBMBaM was it where Justin talked about bidding on a lunch with Republican politicians under a fake name like Dick Tugger or something, and then it somehow went into him saying his horrible fake names will one day end with his wife finally having a title for her memoirs, "My Life With The Stink"?

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Which MBMBaM was it where Justin talked about bidding on a lunch with Republican politicians under a fake name like Dick Tugger or something, and then it somehow went into him saying his horrible fake names will one day end with his wife finally having a title for her memoirs, "My Life With The Stink"?

I just listened to this. It's one of the donor bonus episodes where they give advice to each other (there was one from 2013 and one from 2012).

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

It was the 2013 one, at around 48 minutes. They starting talking about tuxedos at like 44 min. Dick Pullington

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Hey were you wondering what a Maxfun/MBMBAM hunky calendar would look like well you are in luck my friend

https://twitter.com/ThomRegan/status/579310933245214720

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

I just listened to this. It's one of the donor bonus episodes where they give advice to each other (there was one from 2013 and one from 2012).

Thaaat explains why I remembered it but had no idea from where, I just marathoned the bonus stuff.

So yea I guess that was an accidental ad for MBMBAM bonus poo poo, on the last day of donations, any of you slackers reading this thread not donating should fix it if you want high quality Dick Pullington goofs.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Can you not get bonus episodes if you don't donate during the drive?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

mikeycp posted:

Can you not get bonus episodes if you don't donate during the drive?

If you emailed Lindsay asking for a link, I feel pretty certain you'd get it. Worst case scenario you get the link when the next year's drive rolls around.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Could someone please change the thread subtitle to "This podcast is an auditory nightmare hellscape"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Justin's moving, so this week's episode is a Bro's Better, Bro's Best.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Everyone needs to see the tattoo that Travis got for MaxFunDrive:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Is Justin leaving WV or just his house?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Is Justin leaving WV or just his house?

I think he moved to virginia, at least that's what the podcast said

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So I'm making my way through the donor episodes, and just got through the episode where Clint was a co-host. Fuckin' hilarious. Between him slowly killing Justin by talking about sex songs, and his non-quite-Tarzan racism, I was cracking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Toxxupation posted:

I think he moved to virginia, at least that's what the podcast said

He is moving to another, larger house in Huntington. I am assuming a house to accommodate his growing family.

• Locked thread