Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this little debate really depends on both the league's type and categories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My draft is tonight and I haven't done any research at all really other than looking things over once or twice and thinking its going to be a really weird year.

I have the 8th pick in a 14 team 6x6 h2h league (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB and W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, HLD)

Looking at pre-draft rankings that puts me in the Jose Abreu range. I mean I know power is always hard to come by but he just seems so risky.

There's a ton of guys really high that I just can't see myself drafting (Rendon, Brantley to name a couple). I have no god drat clue what I'm going to do.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Still looking for managers for my 12-team h2h keeper league on Yahoo. It's 7x7 with the standard 5x5 categories plus OBP, SLG, K/BB, and Holds. Everything else is pretty standard (roster size, etc). It will be a standard draft, not auction, and you will be allowed to keep any 4 of your players per year, without having to conform to so many for batters and so many for pitchers. You can split it up any way you choose.

I have 5 spots currently not spoken for, and I'm thinking of holding the draft on this coming Thursday the 26th at 7 pm central. The other date I'm looking at would be Saturday the 28th at 7pm central. It'll depend on majority vote in the league.

Post your email or IM me for an invite. Thanks.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well, draft just finished up, I'm not super thrilled with it or anything but that's what I get for not making time to do any prep whatsoever this year.

14 team 6x6 h2h league (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB and W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, HLD)

C: Castro
1B: Pujols
2B: Dozier
SS: D. Santana
3B: Beltre
OF: Gomez, Kemp, Pollack
UTIL: Votto
Bench: A. Garcia, Odor, Headley (last round pick, will probably grab someone else

SP: deGrom, Richards, A. Sanchez, Tanaka, Cain, Burnett, Hahn
RP: Boxberger, Walden, O'Day

I'm pretty meh on this team. I'm hoping Votto is healthy this year and was pretty happy to see him there in the 5th round.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

We had a late minute drop in a 12 team H2H ESPN OBP league that's drafting tonight at 7 PM Eastern. If anybody wants to jump in, you'd be welcome.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
Just finished my draft. 12 teams, points league. What do you guys think?

c: Lucroy
1b: votto
2b: zobrist
3b: carpenter
ss: peralta
MI: Hardy
CI: Mauer
OF: Bautista, Ellsbury, Heyward, Melky, AJ pollock
Util: S. Perez

P: Scherzer, cueto, Dickey, Smyley, Tillman, d. holland, E. Santana, T. J. house, A.J. Burnett, Liriano

RP: G. Holland, Addison Reed

Obviously, im really light on RP, but its okay with me.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I am feeling nostalgic for the Bad League. I haven't seen any posts about it this year so maybe I'll create it myself?

These were the settings last year

I used one of my top picks on Ben Revere and then he went and hit two home runs! Awful.
Also I had Tim Lincecum, who was great all season until he threw a no-hitter and I threw my hat on the ground and jumped up and down on it

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 22, 2015

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
So I've got 5 spots to fill in my 12 team keeper league, so I'm looking for at least 3 new managers to take over existing teams. Yahoo H2H 6x6, standard categories plus OPS and Holds. Can keep up to 5 players per year. Inflation is two rounds per year, but 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders can't be kept. Waiver pickups can be kept in 25th. Players can be on a roster max of 3 years but last year was our first year of keepers so everyone can be kept 2 more as long as they don't inflate into a 3rd rounder (or higher).

Draft is April 2nd at 8PM EST, deadline to choose your keepers is March 29th at midnight. PM me or email jeremy.gravlin at gmail dot com if you're interested. Here's the teams with the rounds they can be kept in parenthesis:

Team Australia:

C: Mesoraco (25)
1B: Goldschmidt (can't keep)
2B: Dozier (18)
3B: Machado (7)
SS: Segura (2)
CI: Chisenhall (25)
MI: Escobar (25)
OF: Dickerson (25), Heyward (4), Jackson (10)
Util: Rios (3), Wright (can't keep)
BN: Beltran (8)

SP: Strasburg (can't keep), Gray (13), Eovaldi (25), Haren (17), Lynn (14), Keuchel (25), Walker (25)
RP: Rosenthal (6), Rodney (15), Machi (25), Janssen (12), Betances (25)

Team Dinger Machine:

C: Molina (4)
1B: Craig (3)
2B: Murphy (12)
3B: M. Cabrera (can't keep)
SS: A. Ramirez (17)
CI: C. Johnson (6)
MI: A. Cabrera (13)
OF:: Stanton (can't keep), Jennings (10), Reddick (21)
Util: Reyes (2), Kipnis (1)
BN: Rosario (9), Crawford (19), Victorino (8)

SP: Tanaka (7), Miller (6), Buchholz (15), Masterson (15), Gio (5)
RP: Reed (11), Street (14), Brothers (18), Qualls (20), Smyly (23), Lincecum (16)

Team I Hate Myself (or I'm looking for a challenge):

C: Pierzynski (25)
1B: Morneau (11)
2B: Bonifacio (25)
3B: -
SS: Desmond (2)
CI: Carter (9)
MI: Rollins (8)
OF: McCutchen (can't keep), Puig (can't keep), M. Cabrera (25)
Util: Granderson (5), Pagan (23)
BN: Infante (14)

SP: Price (3), Burnett (10), Hammel (25), Hughes (25), Beckett (25), Cole (4), Feldman (25), Pineda (13), Chavez (25), Duffy (25)
RP: K-Rod (16), Perez (18), Allen (19), Wilhelmsen (21)

Team of Halfway Decent:

C: Lucroy (11)
1B: Encarnacion (can't keep)
2B: Carpenter (3)
3B: Donaldson (6)
SS: Peralta (15)
CI: M. Adams (10)
MI: Hill (9)
OF: B. Hamilton (2), Pence (4), Byrd (25)
Util: J. Hamilton (7), Calhoun (14)
BN: Castellanos (25), E. Cabrera (8), Lind (18), Fowler (21)

SP: Kershaw (can't keep), Hernandez (can't keep), Archer (13), Latos (5), Colon (25), Locke (25)
RP: Balfour (12), Melancon (19), Watson (25), O'Day (20), Otero (25)

Team Poopsock:

C: Santana (5)
1B: Moss (16)
2B: Pedroia (can't keep)
3B: Longoria (can't keep)
SS: Bogaerts (14)
CI: Sandoval (7)
MI: Altuve (6)
OF: Cruz (11), Braun (can't keep), Yelich (17)
Util: Aramis Ramirez (11), Morales (20)
BN: Myers (4)

SP: Greinke (3), Verlander (2), Fister (10), Iwakuma (8), Niese (25), Kuroda (12), C. Young (25), Quintana (25)
RP: Cishek (13), Rondon (25), Koehler (25), Collmenter (25), Santiago (22)

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 22, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll take team Australia. E-mail is icephoenix177 at gmail

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll take team Australia. E-mail is icephoenix177 at gmail

Invite sent.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Mornacale posted:

Have any of y'all ever played in an auction league with severely unbalanced draft budgets? I got into my first auction league this year through a buddy of mine. It's a 12-team keeper league (1 of each offensive position, 2 UT, 5 SP, 5 RP, 5 bench), h2h with ottoneu Fangraphs points scoring. The big wrench in everything: in addition to trading draft dollars, teams save unspent draft cash from season to season. So we have three teams with completely disproportionate draft budgets: the top 4 budgets go $435, $413, $358, and then me at $285. I think my keepers are pretty good and I don't want to tank my first season anyway, so any advice you folks have would be appreciated. Hopefully after the massacre this draft becomes, we institute some kind of rules against this scenario.

Also, here's my keeper situation if y'all want to tell me where I've already ruined everything. I bought Sanchez for a draft dollar and picked up Seager/Peralta/McGee for a $23 Freddie Freeman, then paid $3 for JD Martinez at the keeper deadline after McGee's surgery (and Arizona not freeing up playing time for D Peralta) made me nervous.

Just finished this draft. One of the dudes with the huge budget didn't show up for the draft and ended up with an absolute mess. One of the others left $200 unspent and is running McCann and Pujols out while I sit pretty on Lucroy and Votto. The last one kept/drafted a total of 14 SPs and consequently doesn't have a middle infielder on the roster OR a full complement of RP. :psyduck:

If anyone's interested, here's what I ended up with (star denotes keeper):
pre:
Position(s)	Name			Cost
C		Jonathan Lucroy		23
1B		Joey Votto		31
2B/3B/SS	Marcus Semien		10
3B		Kyle Seager		 5*
SS		Troy Tulowitzki		28*
SS		Jhonny Peralta		 2*
LF		Matt Holliday		23*
CF/RF		Marcell Ozuna		17
RF		Jayson Werth		 8
LF/RF		J.D. Martinez		 5*

SP		Justin Verlander	23
		Jeff Samardzija		 6*
		Jake Arrieta		 2*
		Henderson Alvarez	11
		Mike Leake		 3
		John Lackey		 3
		Jarred Cosart		 7
		Wade Miley		 6
		Scott Kazmir		 2*
		Tim Hudson		 2*
RP		Aaron Sanchez		 2*
		Trevor Rosenthal	10
		Koji Uehara		 7
		Fernando Rodney		 2
		Jerome Williams		 1

239 ($46 carryover to 2016)
I'm pretty thrilled with my draft, especially for a first-ever auction. I was willing to spend ludicrous amounts to guarantee myself Lucroy and Votto, but they came much cheaper than I feared. I made the classic rookie auction mistake of overcommitting in the middle-going: that's how I wound up with Cosart/Miley/Lackey at those prices. I wish I'd bid a little more aggressively on Cole Hamels (ended up at 32), and I wish some of the dudes I'd like to maybe keep (Ozuna, Semien, Alvarez) could have been cheaper. But c'est la vie. I think I can definitely make the playoffs with this, and that's really my major goal for this season.

That said, I'm strongly considering dropping a starter (Lackey?) if I can win a $1 waiver claim on Neil Walker or Lucas Duda. Given Semien's flexibility, I figure I could get a fair number of points out of swapping my infield around. Some other early waiver targets I'm looking at are Lucas Duda, Oswaldo Arcia, Kyle Gibson, and Sean Doolittle (to stash on the DL), if anyone has any comments on where to take it from here.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Walker is a great pickup, Duda is a tossup for claim or risk hitting FA. I wouldn't burn a claim on Doolittle either, even if he does get his job back.

What's the obsession with Lucroy and Votto? I'd rather have McCann and Pujols, personally.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'd avoid Werth this year, shoulder injury. And Jerome Williams is worthless, no matter his position eligibility. And how much did Adam Jones go for? Shoulda got him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was unaware Jerome Williams was still an MLB pitching man.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My team next year is kinda in a rebuilding year (I traded away a bunch of high picks at the deadline for Stanton, Rosenthal and Reyes, then Stanton died and Rosenthal sucked and left me hosed) so I'm pretty much trying to trade anyone for as many picks as I can get and hope for the best. Here's my keeper eligible players and the rounds they will be taken in next year:

1- Beltre
1- Freeman
3- Price
4- Reyes
6- Altuve
6- Rosenthal
6- Werth
8- Pence
13- Kluber
16- Shields
17- Braun
FA (18+)- Molina
FA (18+)- Fielder
FA (18+)- Fiers
FA (18+)- Arietta
FA (18+) - Britton
20- Hamilton
22- Ventura
22- Carpenter

I can keep 3 hitters and three pitchers plus you can keep a player drafted rd. 22 or later for free for one year; I can use it on Ventura, but not Carpenter because I used it on him last year, so he'd have to count as one of my 3 hitters if I wanted to keep him again (and would move up to 21 above Ventura). FAs start and round 18 for the first FA, then the next one goes up to the next highest available round (17, or 16 if you have a 17 already, or 15 if you have a 16, etc.) If I can't manage to find anyone to take any of these guys, my keepers are probably going to be:

6- Altuve
13- Kluber
15- Fielder
16- Shields
17- Braun
18- Arietta/Fiers
20- Hamilton
22- Ventura

That looks right, yeah? I'm really trying to move all four of Fielder/Braun/Molina/Carpenter and I think I could probably get a decent haul for Altuve, Shields, and Kluber, but having to keep them isn't the worst thing in the world. Not sure who I trust more of Arietta and Fiers. Hamilton and Ventura are basically the only guys that I really care about keeping. I think if I can trade those four hitters and find someone willing to pay up for Altuve, I might keep Pence rather than throwing away one of my keeper slots. He's going about the 5-6th round in Yahoo drafts, and since there's going to be 10 teams keeping 6-7 players each, he could go as high as the 3rd or 4th if I let him back into the pool, so there's definitely a bit of value to be had there.

I think I've basically got everything figured out and I'm just musing, but I'd love some feedback if anyone has anything to add just to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. I remember I did this last year and someone talked me into keeping Kluber over Jarrod Parker and Sonny Gray, so like :coal:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 23, 2015

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Moneyball posted:

Walker is a great pickup, Duda is a tossup for claim or risk hitting FA. I wouldn't burn a claim on Doolittle either, even if he does get his job back.

What's the obsession with Lucroy and Votto? I'd rather have McCann and Pujols, personally.

Lucroy is the second-best C after Posey and the gulf between them and anyone else is pretty big. Votto is a top-tier 1B and every other one of my top 8 at the position was kept. I expect both McCann and Pujols to be roughly the worst starters at the position (9th and 13th on my board, respectively).

Schweinhund posted:

I'd avoid Werth this year, shoulder injury. And Jerome Williams is worthless, no matter his position eligibility. And how much did Adam Jones go for? Shoulda got him.

The ottoneu scoring favors IP enough that it's almost impossible to get starter innings and not be a good RP. Jones went for 34 and I had my max on him at 28; he loses a fair bit in a scoring system that penalizes you for making outs. I probably got a little too antsy on Ozuna--Choo, who I like better, subsequently went for only 14.

Spoeank posted:

I was unaware Jerome Williams was still an MLB pitching man.

He's a Phillies, so you can make an argument either way.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am in a league that has wonky power-friendly scoring (OBP, SLG, Runs Created, Total Bases) and I get 2 keepers. Who would you take from this list?

1B Albert Pujols, LAA 1B, DH
3B Anthony Rendon, Wsh 2B, 3B
OF Mike Trout, LAA OF
OF Yasiel Puig, LAD OF
OF Matt Kemp, SD OF
UTIL Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
Bench Ryan Braun, Mil OF

I initially was going to go with Trout and Puig, then I thought Trout and Braun, then I thought Trout and Harper. Now I'm back to Trout and Braun, because Braun put up good numbers despite not feeling his thumb.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Rand alPaul posted:

I am in a league that has wonky power-friendly scoring (OBP, SLG, Runs Created, Total Bases) and I get 2 keepers. Who would you take from this list?

1B Albert Pujols, LAA 1B, DH
3B Anthony Rendon, Wsh 2B, 3B
OF Mike Trout, LAA OF
OF Yasiel Puig, LAD OF
OF Matt Kemp, SD OF
UTIL Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
Bench Ryan Braun, Mil OF

I initially was going to go with Trout and Puig, then I thought Trout and Braun, then I thought Trout and Harper. Now I'm back to Trout and Braun, because Braun put up good numbers despite not feeling his thumb.

Is there any difference in cost? If not, you have to go BPA so it's Trout and Puig imo.

e: SLG and Total Bases is so goofy, it's literally the exact same thing expressed as a rate vs counting stat.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Reasons why I hate drafting so early into Spring Training: I drafted both Wheeler and Ryu as my two top starters. As of right now, my other starters include Shoemaker, Bailey, Hutchison, Fiers, and Leake (who I added after I dropped Wheeler). I still like my rotation, but I like it a whole lot less than last week.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Reasons why I hate drafting so early into Spring Training: I drafted both Wheeler and Ryu as my two top starters. As of right now, my other starters include Shoemaker, Bailey, Hutchison, Fiers, and Leake (who I added after I dropped Wheeler). I still like my rotation, but I like it a whole lot less than last week.

I have Lee and Cobb because we were forced to draft the first weekend in March. I just went ahead and dropped Lee because I needed the savings from him to pursue other players. I realize he isn't definitely done yet but I give up. I am really praying Cobb just needs some time off to heal.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

tadashi posted:

I have Lee and Cobb because we were forced to draft the first weekend in March. I just went ahead and dropped Lee because I needed the savings from him to pursue other players. I realize he isn't definitely done yet but I give up. I am really praying Cobb just needs some time off to heal.

I am in the same position with Ryu, although it's not looking good. I would have drafted Cobb, but he went for slightly more than I was willing to spend, and slightly more than I was able to spend on a player at that point (although, I would get into a bid war over Gattis, and ended up paying $15).

If the draft were held a few days before, I would have put down as much money as it took on Stroman.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

I'm participating in the Alex Cobb candlelight vigil as well. I actually drafted a ton of SP injury risk in the HGH and Centaurs league cause I'm usually pretty confident in my ability to get replacements off the Waiver Wire. That strategy hasn't bit me in the rear end yet :ohdear:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

I just noticed that Joe Mauer is now a $1 player on Yahoo. Just shows why it's dumb to switch him to 1B. At least their $100 million replacement level 1B is healthy though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

I just noticed that Joe Mauer is now a $1 player on Yahoo. Just shows why it's dumb to switch him to 1B. At least their $100 million replacement level 1B is healthy though.

He'd be a $1 catcher too with the numbers he put up last year. Also not sure who's WAR you're using but he still put up a WAR around 2 despite missing a quarter of the season. I guess that last bit brings your definition of healthy into question too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A $1 dollar catcher is way more valuable than a $1 1b though (in 2C leagues.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Well yes but if we're throwing special settings (ie: not default) in then his (career low) .360 OBP makes him more valuable in some leagues too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wish the standard was OBP. I think TOUT went for OBP.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

He'd be a $1 catcher too with the numbers he put up last year.

Position is factored into how they come up with their values so I don't think that's true. McCann is at $4.8. Mauer would probably be at least around there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

Position is factored into how they come up with their values so I don't think that's true. McCann is at $4.8. Mauer would probably be at least around there.

I dunno, McCann had 20 more dingers and RBI than Mauer. Yeah Mauer had like 40 points on average on him, but I'd guess the positives far outweigh that negative in most people's minds.

e: also, Mauer has the "can't stay healthy" knock which lowers his value.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mornacale posted:

Is there any difference in cost? If not, you have to go BPA so it's Trout and Puig imo.

e: SLG and Total Bases is so goofy, it's literally the exact same thing expressed as a rate vs counting stat.

No difference in cost or anything, just 2 keepers. And yeah I never got why TB and SLG were both in there. Puig and Trout it is.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Had a draft today. Was standard draft, yahoo public league with the default scoring settings. How'd i do?

C-Yadi
1B- Pujols
2B- Altuve
3B- Aramis Ramirez
SS- Elvis Andrus
OF- Giancarlo Stanton
OF- Kemp
OF- Jorge Soler
UTL- Starlin Castro
UTL- Lorenzo Cain
BN- Joe Mauer
BN- Khris Davis

SP- Zack Greinke
SP- Julio Teheran
RP- Papelbon
RP- Santiago Castilla
P- Jeff Samardizja
P- Gio Gonzales
P- John Lackey
P- Michael Pineda
BN- RA Dickey
BN- Joakim Soria
BN- Matt Garza

I don't think I have the BEST team in my league, but I don't think I'll finish last--- will I? How reliable is that metric you can check during the draft that rates your team in comparison to others? At the end of the draft I think it had me 11 of 12.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Retail Slave posted:

Had a draft today. Was standard draft, yahoo public league with the default scoring settings. How'd i do?

I don't think I have the BEST team in my league, but I don't think I'll finish last--- will I? How reliable is that metric you can check during the draft that rates your team in comparison to others? At the end of the draft I think it had me 11 of 12.

Personally I think that in-draft standings thing is bullshit.

Your team should not be in last, no. I'd say middle of the pack team. Your pitching is solid, and your outfield is nice. Your UTILs are pretty weak IMO. Your infield I'm not crazy about, but it should be good enough.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Being near the bottom of the in-draft standings on ESPN or Yahoo is a good thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Had a draft. 10 Team League. All kinds of whackiness with runs, singles, doubles, triples, homers, rbi, sb, walks, ks, avg and similarly for pitching.

C: Johnathon Lucroy
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Danny Santana
OF: Leonys Martin
OF: Hunter Pence
OF: JD Martinez
UTL: Adrian Gonzalez
UTL: Victor Martinez
BN: Johnny Peralta
BN: Josh Harrison

SP: Max Scherzer
SP: Corey Kluber
SP: Adam Wainright
SP: Lance Lynn
RP: Houston Street
RP: Hector Rondon
P: Justin Verlander
P: Wily Peralta
P: R.A. Dickey
BN: Sean Doolittle
BN: Chris Tillman
BN: John Lackey

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Any particular reason some of you guys draft so early? I've always liked drafting as late as possible to avoid to inevitable injury breakdown in spring training. I know a lot of the writers tend to draft in February or so, but that's out of the necessity of having articles out before the bulk of drafting actually occurred.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Slowhanded posted:

Any particular reason some of you guys draft so early? I've always liked drafting as late as possible to avoid to inevitable injury breakdown in spring training. I know a lot of the writers tend to draft in February or so, but that's out of the necessity of having articles out before the bulk of drafting actually occurred.

I like to do at least one draft early to get some bargains before spring hype leads to inflated ADPs for sleepers.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i...think i like this? i don't know, i'm still sort of in a daze. what a weird, weird draft.

11 Jose Bautista, Tor OF K $25
23 Anthony Rizzo, ChC 1B K $14
34 Josh Donaldson, Tor 3B K $25
74 Starling Marte, Pit OF $23
119 Salvador Perez, KC C $7
127 Kenley Jansen, LAD RP $12
146 A.J. Pollock, Ari OF $10
150 Wil Myers, SD OF $6
157 Gregory Polanco, Pit OF $16
160 Hisashi Iwakuma, Sea SP $16
161 Michael Wacha, StL SP $15
166 Matt Shoemaker, LAA SP $5
169 Xander Bogaerts, Bos 3B $16
192 Brad Boxberger, TB RP $5
202 Justin Verlander, Det SP $6
231 Russell Martin, Tor C $1
253 Steven Souza, TB OF $7
262 Travis d'Arnaud, NYM C $1
266 Mike Fiers, Mil SP $2
275 Yasmany Tomas, Ari OF $1
277 Nathan Eovaldi, NYY SP $2
281 A.J. Burnett, Pit SP $1
285 T.J. House, Cle SP $1
289 Andrew Heaney, LAA SP $1
292 Scooter Gennett, Mil 2B

6x6, obp for avg, plus slg, plus qs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Well my first ever dynasty draft was an unmitigated disaster of catastrophic proportions. I was like oh yea I can totally take this prospect in a couple rounds and they were gone. Over and over. Then I was trying to back fill young guys and all the value old dudes went. It basically went as poorly as a dynasty draft could go (12 teams, 5x5 standard but SV+H instead of saves)

:gonk:

Sacramento RiverCats
1. (5) Paul Goldschmidt (Ari - 1B)
2. (20) Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
3. (29) Josh Donaldson (Tor - 3B)
4. (44) Billy Hamilton (Cin - OF)
5. (53) Jordan Zimmermann (Was - SP)
6. (68) Xander Bogaerts (Bos - 3B,SS)
7. (77) Grégory Polanco (Pit - OF)
8. (92) Dellin Betances (NYY - RP) <-- I didn't realize he was so drat old
9. (101) Yordano Ventura (KC - SP)
10. (116) Mark Melancon (Pit - RP)
11. (125) Brandon Belt (SF - 1B)
12. (140) Drew Smyly (TB - SP)
13. (149) Oswaldo Arcia (Min - OF)
14. (164) Matt Wieters (Bal - C)
15. (173) Arismendy Alcántara (ChC - 2B,OF)
16. (188) A.J. Pollock (Ari - OF)
17. (197) Ken Giles (Phi - RP)
18. (212) Steven Souza (TB - OF)
19. (221) Travis d'Arnaud (NYM - C)
20. (236) Brandon McCarthy (LAD - SP)
21. (245) Carlos Martínez (StL - SP,RP)
22. (260) Khris Davis (Mil - OF)
23. (269) Joakim Soria (Det - RP)
24. (284) Marcus Semien (Oak - 2B,3B)
25. (293) Mark Appel (Hou - SP)
26. (308) Jameson Taillon (Pit - SP)

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I think that is a fine dynasty team, what's wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
code:
(119)	C - Brian McCann	- $5
(37)	1B - Anthony Rizzo	- $41
(76)	2B - Ian Kinsler	- $18
(5)	3B - Josh Donaldson	- $38
(125)	SS - Ben Zobrist	-  $6
(35)	OF - Ryan Braun		- $41  <- got a lot of 'lols'  for this one 
(98)	OF - Carlos Gonzalez	- $17 
(39 )	OF - Matt Kemp		- $17
(91)	UTIL - Albert Pujols	- $17
(115)	UTIL - Joey Votto	- $12
(133)	BE - Devin Mesoraco	- $3 
(167)	BE - Melky Cabrera	- $4

(101) 	P - Matt Harvey		- $37
(129) 	P - Justin Verlander	- $7
(134) 	P - Jake Arrieta	- $7
(157) 	P - Ian Kennedy		- $2 
(162) 	P - Mat Latos		- $3
(165) 	P - Anibal Sanchez	- $4
(143) 	RP - Glen Perkins	- $3
(150) 	RP - Dellin Betances 	- $3 
(174) 	P - Jose Fernandez	- $1
Reposting from last page, how did I do :ohdear:. 12 team league, H2H points.

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 24, 2015

• Locked thread