Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

DonkeyHotay posted:

2801 with he is way more fun now that it was before the heat nerf because you don't feel like a cheating piece of poo poo when you play it.

Speaking of the 2801- spotted Tazilon recently. Up to 42k games in that thing. I wonder how many human heads he has in his freezer?

In other news, finally finished TD-15 for the 28-

Yes, that is a steel wall. In a WTF-100. Had a full health ST-1 chasing me while I was reloading and he bounced several shots off of me (as did a 71 earlier). Finished loading and executed him to get over 5k damage. Pubbies are the worst.

e- forgot to add that I was accused of cheating all game long after I murdered a T-54. I tracked him right before he became unspotted and apparently I am a cheater because I shot him twice after that. :allears:

WayAbvPar fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Autoloaders force me to not play like an idiot. I've noticed that I consistently do good damage with them, because I have to spend time at the beginning NOT sprinting to the frontlines, and then spend time between clip loads re-assessing the fight, instead of getting tunnel vision.

...that said, I get tunnel vision like a MOTHERFUCKER while I have that clip loaded.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SoUncool posted:

Autoloaders force me to not play like an idiot. I've noticed that I consistently do good damage with them, because I have to spend time at the beginning NOT sprinting to the frontlines, and then spend time between clip loads re-assessing the fight, instead of getting tunnel vision.

...that said, I get tunnel vision like a MOTHERFUCKER while I have that clip loaded.

On the other side of the coin: tunnel visioning while clip dumping.

Pubbie posted:

I NEED TO DUMP THIS WHOLE CLIP TO MAKE MY EXISTANCE WORTH IT! I NEEEEEED IT!

Living is more important.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I can't achieve climax unless I dump the whole clip all at once and that is what is important.

Just got my 13 90 and weeee its fun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
How to CDC Part 3:

Be a grimy gently caress?
Check.
Get greedy and take more damage than you need to?
Check.
Get dat cash money?
Double Check.
Not have premium thus not making mad paper
Triple check.

Replay (sorry not on youtube :-(): http://wotreplays.com/site/1734325#highway-mesadoram-amx_chasseur_de_chars

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've no idea what I've done to displease the WoT god apart from not being Premium but I just can't win a loving game over the past 3 days. I was doing ok at 52% fora bit now I'm struggling to get 30%. I just had a run of 6 losses all as bottom tier in a row.

Edit: make that 7, whole team went valley on Mountain pass leaving me to defend the other side solo, got cap fasted whilst they had plenty of time to get back to base.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 23, 2015

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

test of faith

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Aramoro posted:

I've no idea what I've done to displease the WoT god apart from not being Premium but I just can't win a loving game over the past 3 days. I was doing ok at 52% fora bit now I'm struggling to get 30%. I just had a run of 6 losses all as bottom tier in a row.

Edit: make that 7, whole team went valley on Mountain pass leaving me to defend the other side solo, got cap fasted whilst they had plenty of time to get back to base.

It was absolute poo poo all weekend for me and my friends. Didn't help that the matchmaker kept shafting us for heavy tanks as well. In the end we resorted to playing Tank Pokemon in our Mk. VI Cs. That thing is hilarious with binos, vents and a GLD. I'm looking forward to getting Smooth Ride and Snap Shots on it.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 23, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Been trying to mop up the last of the T28 missions so I can fully crew my new E100 with tank ladies.

Got a tier 5 match on Abbey in my M4, perfect for hunting TDs (I need to kill three). There are 4 on the other team, and one dies right away. I kill a couple of mediums, find another TD, kill that. Pump a couple of shots into the Churchill, sneak around the side of their base, and kill their best player in his SA 35. 1 Hetzer to go, and everyone is converging on base to do unspeakable things to my rectum. Hetzer crests and pops me once, leaving me with under 100 HP. I blap him for my 3rd TD kill. We are up 12-6 at this point, and my shitlord teammates are shambling forward like idiot zombies to finish them off. A 44% Matilda has been chasing me around for most of 5 minutes, and now has me cornered behind a rock. He finally kills me, but I got the mission!

Or not. Go back to garage, and don't see the reward flashing. Go in to the mission and cancel it, only to discover that I had already done this once, and was just trying to improve my results by surviving and winning.

gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:negative:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
M10/Panther, FCM 36 Pak 40 and TOG II* (perhaps S35 739 (F) too) to be removed from the store real soon, so snap up the ones you want!

(FCM is the only actual "good" one, in case you were wondering).

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

FCM is as good one to play with your noob friends who are just starting. They will be amazed at your steady diet of top guns. That thing is absolutely unfair at top tier.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Got a FCM, it's not that OP seeing how slow and immobile it is, which balances it out a bit except on Province. Why would they get rid of the TOG? Not that it's a good tank or anything.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fat Jesus posted:

Got a FCM, it's not that OP seeing how slow and immobile it is, which balances it out a bit except on Province. Why would they get rid of the TOG? Not that it's a good tank or anything.

I assume they're doing away with the pref matchmaking oddities like the Warcrime and the TOG which basically don't platoon with anything else besides tanks that aren't available even in the premium shop. The FCM has to go - they nerfed TD view ranges but for whatever reason they refuse to nerf premium tanks, so they probably cannot just sell a 400 meter view range tier 3 TD.

And the FCM is brutally overpowered specifically on the maps that tier 3s see. On Malinovka, Province, or Prok, the insane view range advantage just causes games to go bananas, especially now that the other TDs cannot outspot you even with binocs. Sure if you get a tier 5 match on like Westfield or Redshire, you do nothing, but that's the price you pay to crush tier 3 matches. If the FCM got pref matchmaking, it would be the most overpowered vehicle. A platoon of them would probably break 80% winrate.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

whatever reason they refuse to nerf premium tanks

Except the Spershing. :iiam:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't think their financial department enjoyed the results of the Spershing refund and all the noise around it.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Ahhh, got my B2 platoon fix for the day. Nice.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I got a new invite card/code thing with some merch a few months ago, and it turns out it's apparently only for EU and not NA like it clearly says. Nice job, Wargaming! :jerkbag: And Wargaming support is being their typically useless selves regarding the issue, although I am awaiting their next response.

Consequently, I may end up posting the code in the EU thread when this is all sorted out. :toot:

Prav posted:

I'm retarded so I put WOT to autostart so I don't forget. I'm sure this won't drive me crazy over the next month and a half.

What do you mean, you have it load when you boot Windows?

I set a daily reminder in my calendar. :3:

CitizenKain posted:

I'm starting to kinda have fun in the Awful Panther, what is going on. As a scout tank its objectively pretty terrible, its huge, has large flat sides and limited camo. As a harassing light tank though, its pretty good. I just wish I had 6th sense on it, but its a been a good opportunity to be more cautious.
Also, it can ram stuff and sometimes win.

I actually had a great game in the SomethingawfulPanther the last time I played it. It was on Himmelsdorf of all maps, tier 10 match, and I think I got top XP and survived. It may have been an Ace game as well; I'll dig up the replay and share it.

Nordick posted:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there's currently a bug with HE ammo, where if they hit tracks or spaced armor they can glitch out and kill the whole crew.

Wow, really? BRB, loading all my tanks with 100% HE.

Nordick posted:

A caveat for new people though: The Pz I C is a very polarized tank, in that it will absolutely shred the poo poo out of things on its own tier, but will be completely impotent against many things above that because of it's low pen. But get one anyway, because at its best it's ridiculous fun.

This is why when we do a Pz1C platoon I bring something with good pen, like the Chi-Ha. Consequently, this is why I have an 85% winrate in my Chi-Ha.

BadLlama posted:

I can't achieve climax unless I dump the whole clip all at once and that is what is important.

The medical term is "autoloader blueballs." (Blueshells?)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Atomizer posted:

Wow, really? BRB, loading all my tanks with 100% HE.
Actually I misremembered the wording, it seems like it actually happens with penetrating HE hits. This is from the 9.7 test server patch notes:

quote:

Fixed issue in calculation of penetration damage to vehicles' screens caused by HE shells - when it was considered that the shell penetrated the main armor and the event "internal explosion" was triggered, which could cause injury to all Crew members, although in this case only some Crew members should be injured

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Public Test has shown me that I love the E100 even if it looks goofy as gently caress.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Atomizer posted:

What do you mean, you have it load when you boot Windows?

I set a daily reminder in my calendar. :3:

You loving lightweights. Do you think a junkie sets an alarm so he remembers to shoot his veins full of horse?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

WayAbvPar posted:

You loving lightweights. Do you think a junkie sets an alarm so he remembers to shoot his veins full of horse?

The, uh, the horse does not shoot in your veins.... Google "Mr. Hands", and when I say "Google", I mean "do not Google under any circumstances...."

:eyepop:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Atomizer posted:

The, uh, the horse does not shoot in your veins.... Google "Mr. Hands", and when I say "Google", I mean "do not Google under any circumstances...."

:eyepop:

Or you can just look in the friendly SAclopedia :downs:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I've been thinking of reinstalling this game and shooting tanks and making GBS threads up the lower tiers as God intended. Is the game better?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Define "better."

I'm reading a book right now about the Soviet Gulag system, and people would occasionally nail their testicles to a bench to get out of working - it was rarely successful as a ploy. Well, the game is "better" than that.

enkalen
May 26, 2013

Nessus posted:

I've been thinking of reinstalling this game and shooting tanks and making GBS threads up the lower tiers as God intended. Is the game better?

Restarted recently. It's been fun so far. There is login bonus going on, so you can get a free premium light tank (American) in 30 days and 50K credits a day.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Ahhh, got my B2 platoon fix for the day. Nice.

We had a rough start, but eventually got the murdertrain rolling.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Define "better."

I'm reading a book right now about the Soviet Gulag system, and people would occasionally nail their testicles to a bench to get out of working - it was rarely successful as a ploy. Well, the game is "better" than that.

when people say 'have fun,' 'hf,' or whatnot i be sure to retort 'if i wanted to have fun, i wouldn't be here'

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CitizenKain posted:

We had a rough start, but eventually got the murdertrain rolling.

I might be down for this in the future...I'm literally sitting on something insane like 4700 APCR shells for the B2 that I bought because "imagine the free xp I could save up for conversion!"

EDIT: 4314. Still ludicrous, just less than 4700.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
There isn't much more satisfying than murdering the poo poo out of some poor sod who thinks he can out-shoot a tortoise in a straight up fight. Especially when they're bad and bounce every shot.

4k DPM :getin:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
It turned out that it was with a heavy heart. That I sold my awful Panther, I just kept getting great games upward of 3k damage regularly. Great acceleration and fast firing shells made for a decent sniper. I guess I'm gonna enjoy the RU. :getin:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Full list of discontinued tanks is:
Panther/M10, German Tier VII Medium Tank;
TOG II*, British Tier VI Heavy Tank;
T14, American Tier V Heavy Tank;
FCM 36 Pak 40, French Tier III Tank Destroyer.

All available as a bundle with slots and a month of premium for only £32.99 until 20/4.

Hellsau posted:

for whatever reason they refuse to nerf premium tanks, so they probably cannot just sell a 400 meter view range tier 3 TD.

EU consumer protection law. They can't advertise and sell a product (tank) and then turn around and make it unfit for the original purpose it was sold (by nerfing it) without at least offering a refund. I believe hey came a cropper of this with the Pershing.

guidoanselmi posted:

when people say 'have fun,' 'hf,' or whatnot i be sure to retort 'if i wanted to have fun, i wouldn't be here'

"gl & hf"

"bl & gf"

For the few who are smart enough to work it out from context it usually causes upset.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 24, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

"gl & hf"

"bl & gf"

For the few who are smart enough to work it out from context it usually causes upset.

Add "Auto-pasted by Warpack©" to them.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Nessus posted:

You can now play strongholds, which are like companies but with extra benefits. If you ever wanted to be a part of a hilarious 7-man cap fast Type 64 rush while pubbies rage at you, this is a great time to be alive.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
http://wotreplays.com/site/1735413#team

5k damage in the RU-251, amusing how much I get away with shooting tanks almost point-blank without being spotted. Also hilarious Comet stuck on the Siegfried Line moment.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1735482#siegfried_line-k_e_m_i-m6

Got my first Radley walters after 3k battles. M6 is so overpowered when it's top tier, the gun just makes things melt, it helped that both sides were full of human garbage too. also check the sick match start time.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Ensign Expendable posted:

You can now play strongholds, which are like companies but with extra benefits. If you ever wanted to be a part of a hilarious 7-man cap fast Type 64 rush while pubbies rage at you, this is a great time to be alive.
Or shutting down cap-fasts with some pubbie-style hardcore turtling :getin:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Nessus posted:

I reinstalled in the middle of January and have been playing a lot since then. It was really fun at first, then it got frustrating as I realized how badly I was playing, then I learned how to be good again, and now I'm having a ton of fun now that I've reunited with an active goon clan (or at least somewhat goon clan).

Mephistopheles
Sep 24, 2003

How can I help you?

I had even more fun watching this (I'm 2Tanked). Good job on keeping your cool there. So how long did the adrenaline rush last afterwards?

Unfortunate that the rest of the night was poo poo. Fail platoons everywhere all night long. :psylon:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tanks is still fun for what it is but if you want to win you should invest in some good ice packs and heating pads cause your back is going to hurt every night carrying all the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Did they just bring back the pen nerfs?