Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Steve Yun posted:

Second row: Sword of Omens (Thundercats), Master Sword (Legend of Zelda), Buster Sword (Final Fantasy 7), Lightsaber (Star Wars), Power Sword (He-Man), (?), Bak'Leth (Star Trek)

The one with the super long hilt there is from some random webcomic the artist of that picture draws. It has a name but I forget what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's Bat'leth :pseudo:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

cenotaph posted:

It's Bat'leth :pseudo:

You nerd

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

XboxPants posted:

The one with the super long hilt there is from some random webcomic the artist of that picture draws. It has a name but I forget what it is.

Necropolis by Jake Wyatt. He also did the Time Temple on Steven Universe. I recognized the idiosyncratic wall greebles before the sword - his stuff is good.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly didn't recognise it as Jake Wyatt's, and I am a fan of his stuff.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My feelings about waiting so long for a new episode.

Via Marceline Gone Adrift #3.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of Marceline, and comics..

She is my favourite character (I know I don't make that obvious), and I hear the AT comics are real good. Anyone got some reccomendations for marcy-centric AT comics? I don't know where to begin.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I hear Marceline and the Scream Queens is pretty good.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Adventure Time comics are exactly the same art, which is great, but somehow it works better as a comic than like Futurama's comics do, even though they use the same art as well. Maybe it's because Futurama is a bit more fluidly animated on its prime or something.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I think it's because the character designs are so much more flexible in Adventure Time (things like the noodly arms which can bend anywhere, and features which move all around the face); even the character heights and body proportions change around a bit to fit the situation. I think that lends itself really well to fun comics.

I like the comics, but always feel a bit disappointed that they're not canon; it feels like I'm just reading fanfic written by webcomic authors (albeit webcomic authors whose comics I enjoy!)

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Wife and I did an AT thing, thought I'd share since we are those sort of AT nerds.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mVS2P

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 28, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

Wife and I did an AT thing, thought I'd share since we are those sort of AT nerds.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mVS2Pt

Imgur posted:

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Where did that 't' come from!?

Fixed, thanks!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

xxEightxx posted:

That's a lot of time to spend on something your kid is going to smear fingerpaint all over.

Also, I don't think you ever said if the baby was a girl or boy.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

That's a lot of time to spend on something your kid is going to smear fingerpaint all over.

Like any nursery, I think it was more about the parents having fun. Which is totally fair.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

It doesn't matter, really.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

This is really great.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Meis posted:

Ended up being a boy, but we've never been one to care much about blue/pink or typical nursery colors other than letting other people know what his sex is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Plus the gender flipped episodes have a world that looks exactly the same so :shrug:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Neat idea using the projector as a template.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Meis posted:

But I wanted to know anyway. I was in such terrible suspense!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

Ended up being a boy, but we've never been one to care much about blue/pink or typical nursery colors other than letting other people know what his sex is.

good on you! i figure kids don't need gender stereotypes forced on them 24/7, society will force enough into them on its own.

seriously killer room by the way. I'm way jealous of your son :v:

Mr. Fowl posted:

But I wanted to know anyway. I was in such terrible suspense!

and now, finally, Mr. Fowl can sleep angst-free

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

paradoxGentleman posted:

I hear Marceline and the Scream Queens is pretty good.

Every cover and variant from that series is a homage to a famous album cover.

There are a lot of them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jake Wyatt art.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Say Nothing posted:

Every cover and variant from that series is a homage to a famous album cover.

There are a lot of them.

I'm pretty certain that at least one of the variants in the series was canceled because it was a little too close to a real cover and broke copyright. (Liz Phair?)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Parody would cover all of those no matter how close they got, though, right?

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

xxEightxx posted:

That mobile is also awesome. Nice work, and congrats. :)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Jack Gladney posted:

Parody would cover all of those no matter how close they got, though, right?

Theoretically, but you have to actually win the expensive, pain-in-the-rear end lawsuit for that to matter. Sometimes it's just not worth pissing someone off.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 3, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Via King of Ooo.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The giant sunglasses make it.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

We're finally going to get an episode about Jermaine! :aaa: (April 23rd)

http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/115810627899/jermaine-title-card-designed-by-brandon-graham

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/Cartoon-Network-Adventure-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00VSKT1V0/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_blu?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1429009768&sr=1-1

Season 5 DVD/Bluray are out. Two disks and contains all the episodes. I was wondering if they were going to split it up, given how many episodes are in that season. So glad there isn't Season 5 Part 1 and Season 5 Part 2 for this.

July 14th.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Finally a new episode tonight :woop:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Aw, that episode made me think of Banjo Kazooie :)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
My DVR outright refused to copy tonight's episode. I tried to set it three times and it would not copy.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
That episode was mostly artsy with a little fartsy. Literal fartsy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

My DVR outright refused to copy tonight's episode. I tried to set it three times and it would not copy.

That's alright, it probably forgot. It's the most forgettable episode I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

So how many puns is the Brandon Graham episode gonna have?

• Locked thread