Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-III
Mar 4, 2001

On second thought, no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
one more before i go to bed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhgyXtZQgU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8wLg5Asgo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

don't post my silicon valley startup

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP_OGDCLY0

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku497rURF8

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

agreed

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trig Discipline posted:

the older i get the more i realize that the world just opens up for stupid attractive people and says "sure take whatever you want". that sounds nice

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
remember clean drinking water without cia brain control nanomachines?? only 90s kids

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

StarkingBarfish posted:

At the place where the beams collide it's about the width of a human hair. While it's going round the ring it's a bit thicker as it gets focussed then defocussed on either side of the experiments. It's mostly useable but it really depends on how stable it is. You get all kinds of harmonics and chaotic motion and stuff which means bits get shaved off against big gently caress-off collimators as it circulates. I can't give exact numbers as it's several years since we saw collisions, but generally a fill lasts ~7hrs and we maybe 'use up' the beam in half a day assuming it's stable long enough to do so. This is with about 40 million collisions per second in each experiment, and 10^15 protons per beam more or less, so about 0.2% of the injected protons see some action in the experiments on a good fill, and maybe 1/2 - 1/4 get chomped by the collimators. The rest end up splattered over the beam dump.

important physics question: if you leave a block of acrylic in the proton beam and fill it up with protons and then discharge it with a pointy thing, can you make lichtenberg figures like you can with an electron synchrotron

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 24, 2015

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

atomicthumbs posted:

important physics question: if you leave a block of acrylic in the proton beam and fill it up with protons and then discharge it with a pointy thing, can you make lichtenberg figures like you can with an electron synchrotron

In principle yes. It's normally done with electrons though, and a proton beam would make a block of acrylic radioactive as gently caress, as well as making it cloudy (and melted/evaporated, if you use the LHC beam).

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

hell yes gimme them rays

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/4TggCMG.webm

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

hell yes gimme them rays

and speaking of rays, stardust is pretty much the most hosed up superhero

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHT1AVEf8sw

whic one of these nerds is yiou

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

atomicthumbs posted:

and speaking of rays, stardust is pretty much the most hosed up superhero

lots of good av material in this comic

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

well worth buying, both full of wonderful weirdness :hb:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

As a Millennial I posted:

look out here comes High Heels Don

this guy owns.

let me tell you a bit about pekin IL where this is taking place. i lived adjacent to it for a decent number of years and have been there far too many times.

i hate it there.

they have a big sundial.

for years it was labeled "world's largest sundial" except the real world's largest sundial was built in the 1700's and no one bothered to check before they comissioned the sign.

now it reads "world's greatest sundial"

quote:

Pekin Community High School District 303 includes Pekin and some nearby areas. The district's high school is Pekin Community High School.

The school teams were known as the Pekin Chinks from the 1930s until 1980 when the school administration changed the nickname to the Dragons.[14] The team mascots were a male and female student dressed as Chinese persons wearing stereotypical Chinese attire. The mascots would strike a gong whenever the team scored. An earlier attempt was made by a visit of Chinese American groups to change the name from Chinks during the 1974–1975 school year; this was voted down by the student body. The event received national attention.

all the cop cars in town have dragons on them

pekin, of course, is 95% white

quote:

By the early 1920s, the Ku Klux Klan became an influence in Pekin.[6] It was during this period that leading Klansmen assumed ownership of the city newspaper, the Pekin Daily Times, using it as an organ of Klan propaganda. They sold off the paper within a few years, but the city's identity and reputation as a Sundown Town lingered, despite participation of Pekin church pastors in the civil rights marches of the 1960s and the role of Pekin U.S. Senator Everett Dirksen in the Civil Rights Act of 1964.[7]

im personally a pale rear end white dude but i grew up in a "bad" part of town (~20% black) the next city over and often when i would go to Pekin, police would tail me for a while, run my plate, and pull me over. i never got a ticket but it would be for bullshit stuff like erratic driving inside my lane (wtf) or driving too fast in a parking lot (regular speed).

anyway i moved and changed my address and i never got pulled over again in that town once running my plate led to a nearby small town instead of the wrong part of the city nearby.

anyway that's my story :tipshat:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i think it's a tossup between that one and this one for my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ZNX1jqbOk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
░▄▄▄░░▄░░▄░▄░░▄░░▄░░░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄
█▄▄▄█░█▄▄█░█▄▄█░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█░░░█
█░░░█░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
▀░░░▀░░▀░░░░▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀░▀▄▄▄▀

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ice planet lego best lego

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kenny Logins posted:

:eyepop:

now do a blacktron one!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

space lego best lego

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

actually the underwater one with the shark ships was pretty dank

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

space lego best lego
ice planet is a subset of space lego i think so :agreed:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

gently caress the space police

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

gently caress the space police

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

gently caress i just remembered that this terrifying thing existed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkNzNYGpnpw

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Kenny Logins posted:

gently caress i just remembered that this terrifying thing existed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkNzNYGpnpw

thats horrible

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

this is the coolest loving thing I have ever seen

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:tinfoil:
http://deadline.com/2015/03/x-files-returns-fox-event-series-david-duchovny-gillian-anderson-chris-carter-1201397721/
:tinfoil:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

defendyourpurchase.gif

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Kenny Logins posted:

im the implied sexualization of the legos

but that's pretty cool irregardless

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

i wouldn't say sexualized but they are definitely genderized for no really good reason

then again so is so much pulp/sci-fi art that obviously inspired it

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

uncurable mlady posted:

cool, who loving cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
lego is cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KNMYi5MDhE