Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

bubblelubble posted:

Taylor Swift's music video for Style was released today (or yesterday?)

She rly is killing it with this album - apparently its sales have far surpassed that of her previous album Red, and that's been out for a bit over two years now. Crazy stuff.

The director of this video really loving loves True Detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

Style is no one in particular

It sounds kind of vaguely like Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home"

Boob Dylan posted:

Also I don't know if she counts as pop (especially with this album)

Mods please rename this The Vagina Music Thread since we all know men who aren't Tom Petty can't into catchy hooks

Mermaid Autopsy fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 14, 2015

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I saw a (not-so) stupid Buzzfeed article titled "Proof that Taylor Swift's Style video was actually meant for Clean" on my Facebook newsfeed and I think I actually agree with that. It's a nice video, but it isn't with the right song - definitely would suit Clean more. Kinda bummed about it now

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It's a pretty video that I don't want to watch more than once in my life. Disappointing.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgEgaPk62M

New Ariana Grande video and that.. Sure was something.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Stalins Moustache posted:

I dunno, I liked it. Especially the not-at-all-forced Fiat product placement at the beginning.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
The new Purity Ring album is streamable at NPR:
http://www.npr.org/2015/02/26/387542930/first-listen-purity-ring-another-eternity

I like it a lot on first listen. It's very pretty, in the best way possible.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I'm surprised this got no love but poo poo like taylor swift did you people make me sick.

This song has been my loving jam.

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm surprised this got no love but poo poo like taylor swift did you people make me sick.

This song has been my loving jam.

Verses are good and kinda moody/needy, chorus totally changes the feeling of it, breaks up any momentum the song had gained, and makes the song a big snooze.

Tay Tay rules, though the Style video is obviously awful.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

All that loving work and she doesn't even kiss him at the end?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Prepare yourselves, Call Me Maybe 2.0 is nearly upon us.

Carly Rae Jepsen is performing her new comeback single on Good Morning America this Monday.

Tom Hanks is gonna in the video.

It sounds amazing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Kelly Clarkson has a new album coming out on Tuesday, March 3.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I'm excited for both Carly and Kelly.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I heard Kelly Clarkson's new song on the radio and it sounded like a modern pop version of Jimmy Eat World's The Middle.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Superrodan posted:

I heard Kelly Clarkson's new song on the radio and it sounded like a modern pop version of Jimmy Eat World's The Middle.

That's what it reminded me of! I couldn't place it.

It's a surprisingly good song, I'm glad she's trying something different. It seemed like for a while every Kelly Clarkson song followed the exact same pattern (loud chorus, vaguely inspirational lyrics, Max Martin-by-numbers production) but this one seems much more original.

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 1, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Sorry for the double-post, but I have breaking news: the new Carly Rae Jepsen song is officially out. And it is amazing.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Sorry for the double-post, but I have breaking news: the new Carly Rae Jepsen song is officially out. And it is amazing.

That's properly amazing indeed.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Ok that's pretty loving good.

Watch it not make a blip on the charts :(

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

The video is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5lzRHrGeg

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I've really been digging the song, but I don't care for the video at all.

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013
That was adorable. :allears:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is both what I imagine a day in the life of Tom Hanks is, and an accurate portrayal of exactly how catchy that song is.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

It's a pretty cute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXNWaIr3DZ4
Here's a pretty good Florrie song. Warning - contains crimped hair and she pronounces Mario as mare-io.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
Here's a pretty good Grimes song. Warning - is basically a demo and contains footage shot on an iPhone.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Marina and the Diamond's new album is out! Woopwoop. It's pretty good so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marina and the Diamond's new album is out! Woopwoop. It's pretty good so far.

I am sad that there isn't more talk about Froot. I have been listening to this album nonstop since it came out.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I am sad that there isn't more talk about Froot. I have been listening to this album nonstop since it came out.

I still haven't listened to the whole album but all the Froot of the Month tracks were great! Already got it on iTunes but I always double dip for a physical copy of Marina in April.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I still haven't listened to the whole album but all the Froot of the Month tracks were great! Already got it on iTunes but I always double dip for a physical copy of Marina in April.

I'm A Ruin, Blue, and Savage are my favorite songs, but I love the whole album in general.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I don't hear a lot of people mention Better Than That, but it's a standout in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80eix30Evk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I don't hear a lot of people mention Better Than That, but it's a standout in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N80eix30Evk

This song is really great as well.

She is playing in Vegas on April 13, I really wish I could attend that. The drive from AZ would not be long at all for me. I am seeing Lana Del Rey in Phoenix in May though, so i'll just be happy with that.

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013
For me, it's all about Solitaire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDI44Xhq7Tk

And Blue, Forget, I'm a Ruin, Can't Pin Me Down, Savages...most of the album, really. I love it.

Hopefully she announces her North American tour dates soon. She's playing at the Field Trip festival in Toronto but none of the other acts do anything for me, and attending JUST for her seems like a waste.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I just got tickets to Bright Light Bright Light next month ... should be a good show!

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Is this the proper thread to discuss Twenty One Pilots? I have an extremely hard time classifying them but I'm extremely in love with them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Stelio Kontos posted:

Is this the proper thread to discuss Twenty One Pilots? I have an extremely hard time classifying them but I'm extremely in love with them.

I saw them before they got big

Cool dudes who rock hard

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Stelio Kontos posted:

They sure know how to put on a show, considering it's just the two of them. So good

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

bubblelubble posted:

They sure know how to put on a show, considering it's just the two of them. So good

Yeah I've heard awesome things about their live shows, I'm from Cleveland and they're basically heroes here, being from Columbus and all.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Going to see Charli XCX on Friday with a couple of friends, but having watched her latest video (Famous) and seen the angel wings, crop tops and lip balm on sale in her merch store... I've realised we may have horribly over-estimated the age of her fanbase and this will be the most awkward gig ever as we prop up the bar feeling uncomfortable while everyone else at the gig has been dropped off there by their parents.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Going to see Charli XCX on Friday with a couple of friends, but having watched her latest video (Famous) and seen the angel wings, crop tops and lip balm on sale in her merch store... I've realised we may have horribly over-estimated the age of her fanbase and this will be the most awkward gig ever as we prop up the bar feeling uncomfortable while everyone else at the gig has been dropped off there by their parents.

I saw her in October last year and she owned bones. I was afraid of the age group too, but it was not nearly as young as I thought it might be. Some older teens, but it felt like mostly 21+. It was in spooky Detroit, though, so it may have scared off younger fans/over protecting parents.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Danger - Octopus! posted:

This happened when I saw Nicki Minaj in Oslo a few days ago. It was me, my friends above 20+ but everyone else there were 13-14 year olds.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Honestly who cares what the audience is like just go and have a loving blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Honestly who cares what the audience is like just go and have a loving blast.

That's the plan tbh. Girls Aloud were amazing and I sure as hell didn't fit in with that crowd!