Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Or she's shooting something and the schedule doesn't allow for her to go do the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Beeez posted:

Or she's shooting something and the schedule doesn't allow for her to go do the podcast.

I'm pretty sure this is what actually happened. Either that or she is now leading some kind of monkey themed terrorist organization.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I follow her on Instagram for some reason, and not long ago, her father was in the hospital and it didn't look good for a while, so that's another possible explanation of why she couldn't make it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Random Stranger posted:

I'm pretty sure this is what actually happened. Either that or she is now leading some kind of monkey themed terrorist organization.

In 1988, a monkey performance unit was credited by a movie for a role they couldn't perform. These monkeys eventually were liberated from the silver screen proxy by Los Angeles based podcast. Today, still oppressed by the Credit Guidelines for Motion pictures, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Shine-Team.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Paul said on the last minisode that it was her sister's bachelorette party or something during the Safe Haven recording.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Gyges posted:

In 1988, a monkey performance unit was credited by a movie for a role they couldn't perform. These monkeys eventually were liberated from the silver screen proxy by Los Angeles based podcast. Today, still oppressed by the Credit Guidelines for Motion pictures, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The Shine-Team.

The easier joke is "the ape team"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

djnkro posted:

The easier joke is "the ape team"

Sure, if you want to perpetuate the harmful stereotype that monkeys are apes. :colbert:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
This is dangerous.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
In some sort of bizarre coincidence I listened to the WHM bandcamp episode about the Star Wars Holiday special from a couple years ago this morning and then listened to their latest episode about MoonTrap, so I heard Andrew's story about the old man on the subway who thought he was dissing the Golden Girls twice in a row.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

bbf2 posted:

In some sort of bizarre coincidence I listened to the WHM bandcamp episode about the Star Wars Holiday special from a couple years ago this morning and then listened to their latest episode about MoonTrap, so I heard Andrew's story about the old man on the subway who thought he was dissing the Golden Girls twice in a row.

The universe works in mysterious ways.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
So many good options for the next We Hate Movies, Liam Neeson has been in a lot of bad movies. Afterlife would be a solid choice.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

So many good options for the next We Hate Movies, Liam Neeson has been in a lot of bad movies. Afterlife would be a solid choice.

Here is another clue - Hillbillies.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bbf2 posted:

Oh that was the episode he was referring to! I knew that story seemed familiar but I couldn't place it.

A while ago I posted complaining about Chris Cabin on WHM, but after people pointed out that he really does have movie expertise in his comments, and upon listening to more episodes, I have come to the conclusion that I was wrong and a total jackass. Cabin is a fine core member of the gang and while his impressions aren't up to Jupin levels, his insight into why movies fail on a technical and structural basis are awesome (once I paid enough attention to catch them).

Still wish they'd release live episodes. Cambridge, MA, is a really long ways away.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Still wish they'd release live episodes. Cambridge, MA, is a really long ways away.

Listen to the Masters of the Universe episode and see how well that turned out.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Vakal posted:

Listen to the Masters of the Universe episode and see how well that turned out.

Yeah that's true, but it shouldn't be an insurmountable issue. If Scott and Scott can get decent audio on their iPhones in the White House, WHM shouldn't have a problem.

The newest WHM Mailbag episode is a delight, these are fast becoming my favorite type of episodes. The movie theater work stories are great, along with the mundane celebrity encounters.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wish I could see a picture of Paul F. Thompkin's face from the Deep Blue Sea episode when he heard that the entire cast almost died on-set. His reaction was amazing.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Petition to ban Andrew from further using the phrase "tall glass of water"

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I really hope the next episode is that live action Cat in the Hat movie.

edit: or Pluto Nash, or Cats and Dogs.... so many options.

PUGGERNAUT fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 2, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PUGGERNAUT posted:

That movie is fascinating to me, because it's not only bad, it's just goes out of its way to be perversely the opposite of anything tolerable. It's kind of amazing.

So yeah, I hope it's that.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I hope they change their plans and do a Robert Z'dar movie. Maybe it's time to go back to the Maniac Cop series.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This week's WHM was okay, but I loved how angry everyone was getting at each other. Especially during the whole snake-loving discussion.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I'm so glad they actually played a clip of Liam Neeson's amazing accent, I wouldn't have believed it otherwise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

This week's WHM was okay, but I loved how angry everyone was getting at each other. Especially during the whole snake-loving discussion.

Their legitimate angry confusion at each other was the best, it was a legit argument between 'did he gently caress that snake' and 'what is wrong with you'.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Man, still no June on HDTGM.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Beeez posted:

Man, still no June on HDTGM.

Well, they do two live shows a night, so if she wasn't in the last live episode she wouldn't be in the next one either.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I guess you're right. She better be back for Furious 7.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

Petition to ban Andrew from further using the phrase "tall glass of water"

Yeah, I don't get it either. Is that an American thing? a New York thing? is it literally a reference to drinking water?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

radlum posted:

Yeah, I don't get it either. Is that an American thing? a New York thing? is it literally a reference to drinking water?

It's not an American thing. Most likely it's an in joke of theirs that made it into the show. It's certainly not an actual reference to drinking water. I'm going with some sort of vodka mixed drink since the talk about beer without "code". Or they could be big fans of authentic 'shine.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A tall glass of water that makes movies better is probably not alcohol, folks.

:2bong:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty clear weed reference, from context.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty clear weed reference, from context.

That is always what I thought, but in one of the recent episodes the riffing made it clear they meant alcohol in that case. So I don't know

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tall glass of water one hundred percent means marijuana and I've never heard them use it in a context that would make sense otherwise

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Seriously, guys? It's early 20th century slang for a beautiful person. This isn't something that's exactly obscure.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

DoombatINC posted:

Tall glass of water one hundred percent means marijuana and I've never heard them use it in a context that would make sense otherwise
To remove any mystery remaining:
http://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/comments/2wlgoa/what_is_a_tall_glass_of_water/

JupinWHM posted:

Actually, we use it as a catchall for any kind of weed intake.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I definitely heard them use it in the context of drinking but I guess that makes it a little bit more tolerable. I thought he was trying to be cute about "drinking a beer".

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's talken' about a real big bong.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Random Stranger posted:

Seriously, guys? It's early 20th century slang for a beautiful person. This isn't something that's exactly obscure.

I remember I actually used it that way in High School once. I was mocked mercilessly by my friends for the rest of the day.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Tomahawk posted:

I definitely heard them use it in the context of drinking but I guess that makes it a little bit more tolerable. I thought he was trying to be cute about "drinking a beer".

Yeah, I thought it was alcohol - some kind of callback to an episode previously, or what Tvtropes would call "frothy mugs of water"'

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I wish Paul F Tompkins was a permanent addition to HDTGM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

I wish Paul F Tompkins was a permanent addition to HDTGM.

I was just thinking the same thing. He's been amazing in these episodes. I loved how loving furious he got at the whole idea of David E. Kelly hand-writing his scripts.