Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

A practicing cuckold would ride a Buell.

Someone who gets off on something normal people find abhorrent? Yeah, sounds like a Buell rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

clutchpuck posted:

Second Ulysses I've picked up from somebody because it's too tall for their wife. This one is unmolested. I'm going to leave it how it is and just put miles on it. I ran my finger along the inside of the frame and it came out clean.

Are they typically covered in oil?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's just gross. Road dust, bug guts, a little oil too I suppose, baked on like the patina in a filthy New York pizza oven.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

n8r posted:

Are they typically covered in oil?

nah there's one or two problem spots from the factory, but once you fix those, they are 100% oil tight

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Giblet Plus! posted:

they are 100% oil tight

depending on your definition of "oil tight"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That looks like a shitload of spots from the factory to get it down to "sloppy mess"

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's just a couple spots.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
"one or two spots"

*posts 8 pictures*

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's just a couple of spots, he exclaims hysterically, while scrubbing his garage floor with emaciated, chemically scorched hands.

One hundred percent oil tight! A strained caricature of a smile stretches across his face, as the oil top-up can slips out of his grasp and crashes to the floor.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm pretty sure everyone has realized but no one has spoken about clutchpuck's obvious masochism. I imagine his wife roleplays as a Buell with him.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Included is a more succinct list of all the parts that are prone to leaking oil on a Buell:

(problem locations are circled in red)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm the Hagrid cosplayer.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
My oil's leakin out baby...ride me anyway

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

My oil's leakin out baby...ride me anyway

That's hosed up man.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
An extra quirk is that a leaking rear rocker gasket will have oil blow into the fan, shorting it out. My clutch cable had two leaks: one from rubbing through on the chin spoiler, and eventually one at the ferrule. :911:

Interestingly I was talking with my dad today about oil leakage and the told me that in his British bike days you'd hear of people that would put a manual valve between the sump and engine, to prevent wet sumping during standstill. I don't think I'd manage a week without driving off with no oiling.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
Picked up a 2015 Matte Graphite Street Triple R this weekend.

Installed the Evotech Tail Tidy. Fantastic unit, really improved the look.

So far, it feels really different than the GS500F I'm used to, and this break in period is going to be really tough...

Seik fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 14, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

That's hosed up man.

No dry holes :unsmigghh:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Seik posted:

So far, it feels really different than the GS500F I'm used to, and this break in period is going to be really tough...

I'm considering picking up one of these soon. Post your thoughts when you've had some time to form an opinion. What else did you look at?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Took the DRZ out to participate in advrider tag

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Aaaand she's back!!

Clean chain, stock ride height, and fresh rubber.

Now come on weather!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

rotaryfun posted:

Aaaand she's back!!

Clean chain, stock ride height, and fresh rubber.

Now come on weather!

That tail tidy looks so much nicer than the stock tail on mine.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Seik posted:

Gorgeous bike, goddamn. Also whats up local Southern Ontario dude (Inglis Cycle plate frame).

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Just picked this up yesterday after getting rid of my Triumph Daytona.

2011 Harley V-rod Night Rod Special.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That looks fun, I'd like to get one of those things out to the middle of Wyoming or Utah or something and just let it rip for miles.

By the way, you know nothing about hot exhaust until you ride a Buell XB.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Took Friday off to put new brake pads on, ride, and take bad pictures with baby's first DSLR.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DJCobol posted:

That's a pretty drastic change I must say.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

DJCobol posted:

I always stop and check out vrods whenever i walk by one. Thats a particularly nice one as well!

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Keystoned posted:

I always stop and check out vrods whenever i walk by one. Thats a particularly nice one as well!

As far as the bikies in Sydney are concerned, it's the only acceptable ride. They are literally everywhere.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Although the DRZ hasn't changed much they sure are upping the aesthetics

:^)

just picked it up. Got the itis and just can't shake super motos or motorcycles in general for prolonged periods

Need to do something about that tail. Trying to stay legal. Wheels come factory anotized blue like the color on the plastics (looks purple though). Axle sliders are also factory these days.

And wow, a stock exhaust that doesn't look like complete poo poo!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 24, 2015

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's a sharp looking drz, matches your gang colour scheme guidelines perfectly.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Seik posted:

I've had a 2014 for almost a year now and I love it to death. loving amazing bike.

Though sometimes I wish I could get luggage for it for those crazy road trips I do, but I console myself with the jet-engine sounds the bike makes.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Although the DRZ hasn't changed much they sure are upping the aesthetics

:^)

just picked it up. Got the itis and just can't shake super motos or motorcycles in general for prolonged periods

Need to do something about that tail. Trying to stay legal. Wheels come factory anotized blue like the color on the plastics (looks purple though). Axle sliders are also factory these days.

And wow, a stock exhaust that doesn't look like complete poo poo!

Nice looking bike!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The Juicemobile.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Needs a big Welch's sticker right there on the side.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
The mailbox calls to you

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Please don't import gang drama ITT

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Juici(y)cle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Razzled posted:

The mailbox calls to you

Long hours in the garage call to you :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Need to do something about that tail. Trying to stay legal.

I have yet to hear anyone get in trouble for the DRC Edge: https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/DRC-Edge-2-LED-Tail-Light-Kit-US-Spec-by-ThumperTalk-p2006835405.html

You can buy them from many places, but ThumperTalk is the only one with the wider plate bracket.