Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I think just outright weaker versions of other skills are gonna be out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Are there any scum ships that you would want more than 1x of, other than the aggressor?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rusty Kettle posted:

Are there any scum ships that you would want more than 1x of, other than the aggressor?

Possibly the firespray, but the testing on that is early. There have been some decent double BH lists I've seen in more than one store champs.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Y-Wings. You need more Y-Wings.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Scyks are pretty cool. Having a couple cheap rear end Mangler Cannons is p nice.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I'd say M3-A Scyks you'd prob want 2+ of. 1 by itself isn't really a stellar addition to any list but a few with mangos is decent filler.

beaten

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Rusty Kettle posted:

I've had some fun with M3-A swarms. Either 4 with HLC or 5 with Ion Cannon, either way it's been a blast. You can also run up to 4 StarVipers in a normal game, and I've enjoyed them enough to try it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so is the game still only "two player" or can you have all three factions going on?

Also when will Maarek Stele finally get his due :smith:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Aces High posted:

Soon. When the raider comes out he'll be worth taking

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Aces High posted:

so is the game still only "two player" or can you have all three factions going on?

The Aggressor has a three side scenario which is pretty interesting. Also yeah, the Raider does make Stele viable (and his ability is pretty good once you can get crits reliably).

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Having to fork out $100 just to make the TIE/ad a useful ship again is a bit poo poo. Then again, I guess this is how FFG make all their money.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Endman posted:

Having to fork out $100 just to make the TIE/ad a useful ship again is a bit poo poo. Then again, I guess this is how FFG make all their money.
Yep. Although we have been told that there are gonna be 4 X1 Titles and 4 ATCs packaged with the Raider: get your rich friend to buy it and give you a copy :v:

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Endman posted:

Still better than paying out the rear end for crew R2-D2 and C3-P0. There is really no other reason to get the CR90.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's maximum FFG. Instead of issuing errata and going "whoops, our bad, all TIE Advanced pilots are X points cheaper" they're printing a 0-point title that gives you a 4-point discount on one specific type of upgrade and is only available in a $100 ship but you get four copies. :allears:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

CR-90 is fun to play, the epic game that we had was a lot of fun, we probably need to do that again (although a CR90, Medium Transport and like 6 fighters against 6 TIE/F, 3 TIE/B and 6 TIE/I was a relatively easy win for the imperials).

Endman
May 18, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's maximum FFG. Instead of issuing errata and going "whoops, our bad, all TIE Advanced pilots are X points cheaper" they're printing a 0-point title that gives you a 4-point discount on one specific type of upgrade and is only available in a $100 ship but you get four copies. :allears:

I actually don't mind the no-errata approach, since changing the point costs of things would mean you'd leave a whole bunch of people with the old pilot cards with the old pilot costs on them. What I object to is distributing these "fix" cards with massively expensive epic ships that only get used very rarely.

I think Rebel/Imperial Aces was the right way to do it. It's not as expensive and you get a cool alternate colour scheme. I'd like to see another couple of those box sets, maybe one with the TIE defender in it with a refit that makes it a bit cheaper, and an X-Wing aces set with Wraith pilots would be super sweet.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Tekopo posted:

CR-90 is fun to play, the epic game that we had was a lot of fun, we probably need to do that again (although a CR90, Medium Transport and like 6 fighters against 6 TIE/F, 3 TIE/B and 6 TIE/I was a relatively easy win for the imperials).

Yep it will be more interesting with another capital ship on the table. It's just a shame the new one is better in every way :/

Endman
May 18, 2010

Braced for CR90 fix card bundled with Home One. :v:

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You can run the upcoming TIE advanced improvements on Vassal and it's sort of ho-hum. The TIE advanced dial is still pretty bland. Never tried running 4 at once though.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Try Vader with EU/ATC/VI. Makes him impossible to pin down, gets reliable damage, arc-dodges like the best of them and is quite affordable points wise. I was more than impressed at how Vader handles with the upgrade. The ATC isn't great on low-PS Tie Advanced pilot, however.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The new age of arc Dodgers' return is making me seriously consider Corran Horn as Han's support but he's just so expensive. A-wings are still terrible.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

People get stuck on that -2 chaardan refit: put prockets on your A-Wings. Hell, I've seen a homing missile one shot Soontir once. Have VI/PtL on Jake or Tycho and some ordinance and the little A-Wing is seriously mean.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That's almost the 'problem' with the way they did Chaardan refit; You can view it as (from a Squad POV, in terms of 'I could have spent these elsewhere') that all Missiles are now 2 points more expensive for an A-Wing.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Shockeh posted:

That's almost the 'problem' with the way they did Chaardan refit; You can view it as (from a Squad POV, in terms of 'I could have spent these elsewhere') that all Missiles are now 2 points more expensive for an A-Wing.

Right. I'd much rather a +2, get +1 attack instead. Or even +3. I really do love the models and idea and would love to play the rebel version of Soontir and friends but they really make it hard. The shields aren't that much better.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, it is a problem (and something I wish they had 'fixed' in a different way, make it take the modification slot instead?), but really the fix to the A-Wing wasn't Chaardan refit, but being able to have a dual EPT, which is unprecedented and gives them an edge on Intie pilots with equal PS since they can fit in VI.

EDIT: Modifications would be bad as well due to Autothrusters I guess.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 24, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I mean, in the end, this issue is really how ordnance is used and priced within the game. I think just straight out giving a +1 attack to the A-Wing to 'fix' it would be really boring and would really remove a lot of choice and design space in terms of how to make the A-Wing distinct.

Ideally, the cost of the ordinance should be lower, or even better, an upgrade card should be produced along the lines of 'Munition Reserves' that allows you to fire something twice (at a reduced cost). This would help ships get more bang out of their buck (and ships with two slots of the same type would still be useful to add variety to their ordnance).

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 24, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I would play with ordnance if I could fire them twice for a small cost, yeah. That's decent enough to take down a rival Baron, decimator, IG, or falcon and the 2 attack isn't that bad against supporting jousters.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The problem is requiring a target lock, requiring the target in arc, then needing a focus just to maximize the dice for something that costs up to 6 points for a one time use. Bleck. Horrible action economy for something like that.

Allowing second uses of torpedoes is neat but it doesn't resolve the action economy issue. Missiles suffer a lot less (Proton Rockets are really cool) but you still ideally want a Target Lock too when you are spending something that you discard.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The fact that the only reliable way to use APTs are with PtL and that you have to spend 3 extra points to just be able to use it is also hilarious(ly bad). Without counting having to be at range 1. APTs are so gimmicky it's unreal.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This owns. Anime is good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I just wish there was a 4 or 5 skill generic A-Wing pilot.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

CODChimera posted:

I just wish there was a 4 or 5 skill generic A-Wing pilot.
There is :v:

Edit: and for only one point more than a green squadron pilot!

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 24, 2015

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I really detest anime, but this was good. Lots of cute little throwbacks to X-Wing and Tie Fighter. I liked the mission planning overview when they were launching using the old symbols.

Rebels got wrecked :downs:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It does. I was surprised to see how much more there was than the two or three minutes we've seen around before. Time to round up players for the RPG campaign...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I love the cluster missiles in the bomber totally being an excuse to shove an Itano circus in there, and the ISD turrets suddenly turning into Universal Century beam turrets when they fire. :v:

e; I'm super disappointed the Interceptor pilot does basically nothing in that.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 24, 2015

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

God, he even threw in the loving incoming missile alert.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I was thinking I could buy a sweet x wing or general Star Wars FFG game smiley but I need the money for x wangs

I have also already watched that thing thrice since seeing it. It owns. LOL imagine a moe version starring howl runner and the phantom pilots :3:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah, that video owns, watched it more than a couple of times when I found out about it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Those are some scrub Rebels, holy poo poo. Also that Interdictor turned on God Mode :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Talk about pleasantly surprised. For an amateur, that dude hit it out of the park. And, yeah. The whole thing is way more interesting than the little clips we've seen here and there.

Aces High posted:

Those are some scrub Rebels, holy poo poo. Also that Interdictor turned on God Mode :v:

Not every Rebel battlegroup can be led by Ackbar and have Antilles as their CAG.

• Locked thread