Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

(Sorry phone posting)

And oh nooooo, who's ready for another 120+ episodes of pain? Wonder who's playing.

cmykJester fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cmykjester posted:

(Sorry phone posting)

And oh nooooo, who's ready for another 120+ episodes of pain? Wonder who's playing.

New game, new system, hopefully less sperging.

I want Pat to be on the poo poo-end this time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dark Souls 2 took 73 episodes with Pat knowing where to go. Oh man.

edit: The biggest question, how many times will they accidentally use a blood vial because dual-hand is now item use

Tae fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 24, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am ready to commit to the next few months of bloodborne episodes

i am also ready to beat it long before the episode they beat it so i can laugh at how bad they are (or how much better they are than me)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Pat already said on neogaf that he and Woolie are taking turns whenever they die.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Pat already said on neogaf that he and Woolie are taking turns whenever they die.

So...over/under starting at 300

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Tae posted:

So...over/under starting at 300

That's super optimistic.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's gonna be as long as the game is to a new player, much like their DS2 LP.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm fine with Pat/Woolie on Bloodborne but feel kinda bat for Matt, didn't he say he wanted to run it with Pat?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well, maybe they'll do an episode for Machinima at least?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Pat complimenting Woolie was possibly the funniest thing that's ever happened on the podcast.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just realized that bloods loading times are like a minute long, this will take years to finish

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm fine with Pat/Woolie on Bloodborne but feel kinda bat for Matt, didn't he say he wanted to run it with Pat?

I like to think of it as less "Matt doesn't get to play Bloodborne for the channel" and more "Matt gets to not have Pat breath down his neck for a hundred hours as he desperately tries to play Bloodborne vicariously through him".

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Seshoho Cian posted:

Pat complimenting Woolie was possibly the funniest thing that's ever happened on the podcast.

it was funny and also heart warming because i think we all have that friend who puts up with more poo poo than you can ever believe, and they never get the thanks they deserve.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

I just realized that bloods loading times are like a minute long, this will take years to finish

Supposedly that is being patched first thing but yeah, considering this is day 1...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

superbestfriends.png

From what I've seen of senran kagura it is less shameful to admit you're in it for the titty ninjas than the lovely low frame rate gameplay

Liam is life pat is hometown

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly that's most of the reason why I like Liam, his opinions on things are weird and at times contrarian for no reason, but at least he doesn't pretend that he likes something for any other reason than the reason he likes it. The Senran Kagura thread in games had so many "actually I like it for the gameplay" apologists that it stopped being funny and started being a bit sad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm ready for the comments full of people yelling at them for playing it wrong, despite the game only being out for a day.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Honestly that's most of the reason why I like Liam, his opinions on things are weird and at times contrarian for no reason, but at least he doesn't pretend that he likes something for any other reason than the reason he likes it. The Senran Kagura thread in games had so many "actually I like it for the gameplay" apologists that it stopped being funny and started being a bit sad.

I'm pretty sure nearly 99% of those posts were jokes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Believe me when I say that for the people involved's taste in video games, I certainly hope they were.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
When someone has an anime avatar and has 100s of 'ironic' posts like that its just sad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tae posted:

The more blood the lesser the load times.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so I hear.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Believe me when I say that for the people involved's taste in video games, I certainly hope they were.

From what I can recall of that thread, the OP seemed genuinely into it gameplay-wise, and others went along with him either ironically or because they liked his enthusiasm. Whether those people also liked the anime butts, is hard to say but probably yes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

There's supposedly a patch coming to help with the load times. Who knows how much it'll actually help though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If the patch's changelog does not read "ported the entire game to another gaming platform that's not the PS4" then no it will not help the load times.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Apparently amazon france listed Bloodborne for pc for a little while before taking it down so there might be a <1% chance of it coming to pc instead of a 0% chance.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm probably 90% sure that was probably a mistake from some French person checking the wrong checkbox when putting up the page or something.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, the ending of that latest Revelations video is nuts. Revelations 2 might be my favorite series going on right now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cmykjester posted:

I'm probably 90% sure that was probably a mistake from some French person checking the wrong checkbox when putting up the page or something.

Yeah, probably but I can keep hoping

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh my god, I only played ONE super robot wars when I was little (on the Gameboy fumbling through the Japanese, no less.), seeing the loving awesome presentation style of SRW Z3 is blowing my goddamn mind. that's some of the hypest robot animation I've seen in a good long time.

Also, it looks like we're getting Woolie+Pat on Bloodborne, did Matt end up not liking the game?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 25, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh my god, I only played ONE super robot wars when I was little (on the Gameboy fumbling through the Japanese, no less.), seeing the loving awesome presentation style of SRW Z3 is blowing my goddamn mind.

Also, it looks like we're getting Woolie+Pat on Bloodborne, did Matt end up not liking the game?

I'm pretty sure the choice was not "Do I like Bloodborne," it's "Do I want to spend the next year with Pat yelling in my ear."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

I'm pretty sure the choice was not "Do I like Bloodborne," it's "Do I want to spend the next year with Pat yelling in my ear."

You mean he's quitting the Zaibatsu?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On the bright side, we won't hear any more loving "Drop your shield. Perfect." because Bloodborne doesn't have shields!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CJacobs posted:

On the bright side, we won't hear any more loving "Drop your shield. Perfect." because Bloodborne doesn't have shields!

There is a wooden shield in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
gently caress

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The shield is apparently super poo poo and says in the description to not use it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
naw guys the new catchphrase will either be "reload your gun" or the gurgling final gasps of pat as he's being choked to death when woolie's herculean patience finally fails.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

The shield is apparently super poo poo and says in the description to not use it.

That's just what they want you to think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

So...as soon as the game starts you should...drop it? It being the shield? The shield that belongs to you?

drop your shield