Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

noirstronaut posted:

It's from February 9th, so probbbbbbbably not

Naw...there are definitely working codes. Or there were. Whether there still are, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

less laughter posted:

Assembling them still feels like work, not like fun gameplay.

Do you also hate fajitas at restaurants because you are making the food yourself?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Okay, the Playboy/Bayonetta promotion almost made sense, but Splatoon?

http://www.playboy.com/videos/gamer-next-door-splatoon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo is still cute and sexy.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Just looks like they gave Playboy's gamer column thingy the same level of access a bunch of other outlets got.

If it were actually a Bayonetta-level thing and there were a Splatoon promo photoshoot, that would be hosed up because the inklings are tiny children and should not be thought of in sex ways.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Playboy is trying to distance itself from the image of being 100% lewd to being decent journalism and editiorials while Nintendo is fighting to expand its demographic.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, they're not dressing up models or anything, it's just generic PR stuff. It's still kinda odd because whenever they have a game they think will be a hit with women they astroturf every single "girly" media outlet they can think of, so you'll see that same Playboy spiel in some girly newsstand fodder or some housewives' newsletter or whatever.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

noirstronaut posted:

It's from February 9th, so probbbbbbbably not

I made it on the 9th mostly for my brother/close friends and after approximately one of them showed interest I decided it was time to just let it go. Have at it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm about to go buckwizards.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Nintendo owns.

HRRRRG SO GAY NINTENDO IS JUST FOR BABIES AARRRRHGHGH

Please read Playboy for the newest information on our games.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

I finished Metroid Prime 2 tonight. I enjoyed it and the little changes it made to the Metroid formula. More difficult than the first, but a nice challenge. Started up Prime 3 right after and boy, suddenly having voice acting is jarring. Also, it feels weird having so many non-enemy NPCs around.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

eliotlucas posted:

I finished Metroid Prime 2 tonight. I enjoyed it and the little changes it made to the Metroid formula. More difficult than the first, but a nice challenge. Started up Prime 3 right after and boy, suddenly having voice acting is jarring. Also, it feels weird having so many non-enemy NPCs around.

That's mostly in the beginning IIRC. The game gets extremely good relatively quickly.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So, Mario Kart 8. After playing online for a couple of months I finally decided to try getting trophies. Can someone tell me if there's any benefit to trying to 3-star the 150cc cups, because if I have to go through one more race where I'm half a lap ahead of everyone on the last lap only to get hit with some kind of precision snipe from a green shell out of nowhere followed by some computer controlled rear end in a top hat somehow drafting off me from 100 feet away, I'm going to loving stomp my gamepad.

I've easily played at least a few hundred races online and I think I've seen the blue shell maybe 10 times max. On single player when I'm in first place I get hit with a blue shell almost every race. Sometimes twice if the first one doesn't gently caress me over enough.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

raditts posted:

So, Mario Kart 8. After playing online for a couple of months I finally decided to try getting trophies. Can someone tell me if there's any benefit to trying to 3-star the 150cc cups

There is no benefit other than having the ranking show when you go to select the cup. Nothing ingame like previous games. Only do it for the sake of doing it if you want to.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

If it were actually a Bayonetta-level thing and there were a Splatoon promo photoshoot, that would be hosed up because the inklings are tiny children and should not be thought of in sex ways.

GIS Splatoon and prepare to get real sad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

Good news everyone! There's literally a Wii inside the Wii U, so you can jump though many hoops to play Wii VC on your Wii U!

Yeah, but I don't want to have to jump through those hoops. If I would have been able to transfer all the stuff I bought on Wii it would have been worth it, but thanks to that thing breaking down when it did it's kind of not. Ah well, the only games I really wanted from 64 were the Zeldas and Mario 64, all of which there are better versions available for in some form or another on my 3DS.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Hey, just wanted to share some information.

"Just Dance 2015" is down to $19.99 on amazon dot com for all consoles (including the Wii U). You need a Wii Remote to play it. It has the song "Let it go" from Disney's Frozen so that alone will be worth the price of admission if you have young children (or even if you don't have young children and just like feel good movie music)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bean posted:

The first few unexpected results were really funny but things got weird really quick.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

What's this white paint

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Spectacle Rock posted:

It has the song "Let it go" from Disney's Frozen so that alone will be worth the price of admission if you have young children (or even if you don't have young children and just like feel good movie music)

Is this a joke or are you a sadist

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

Is this a joke or are you a sadist

Look man even if you don't like the song, 99% of small children do enjoy it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ChaosArgate posted:

It can also be had on iTunes for a lot less than $20

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

I can guarantee you that the last thing 100% of parents want is more Let It Go in their lives

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A question that I'm sure has come up often, but it's not in the OP that I can spot so apologies for bringing it up again -

I've sadly decided to sell my Wii U to pay for more adult things, but I've got a few things on there that add to the value (my free download of Wind Waker, promo version of Wii Fit U, bowling and tennis etc) that if I wipe the console clean, I'm going to lose it. A friend said he'd be interested, but doesn't want my NNID on it as he'd want to use his own.

So what's the best way of dealing with a machine that you're selling, just manually clear out the apps that are just demos and the like as well as friends list etc and make it known that there's a master NNID in place? Or is there just no value to things installed on the machine and I should just format it up.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I'm personally making sure my daughter never knows of the movie Frozen. So far so good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Astro7x posted:

I'm personally making sure my daughter never knows of the movie Frozen. So far so good.

Have you locked her in a closet and refused she interact with anybody her age? Please, tell me your secrets, I will pay you.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Bean posted:

Alternatively, prepare to get real into it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Louisgod posted:

Have you locked her in a closet and refused she interact with anybody her age? Please, tell me your secrets, I will pay you.

You completely control every single thing your child does you know... but I suppose parenting to some is plopping them down in front of a TV to watch Frozen all day long on repeat because it shuts them up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Astro7x posted:

You completely control every single thing your child does you know... but I suppose parenting to some is plopping them down in front of a TV to watch Frozen all day long on repeat because it shuts them up.

Yes, I suppose blindfolding your child and putting earmuffs over their ears and never letting them leave the house could be considered a method of "parenting" as well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His daughter is probably a baby. My son doesn't know frozen either since he's not even two. The only movie he's seen in theaters was Annie, and the only things he watches at home are one or two episodes of either Blues Clues, Gabba, Peewee, or Curious George a day. I assume he'll watch it and a lot of other Disney movies when he is older and has a longer attention span .

But let me tell you what, thanks to Amiibo he sure as hell knows who Yoshi, Bowso, Mah yo, Semusssssss, Megamam, Wigi, Link, and baby Link are.

Also Zelda and Peach may be life partners because their name are Mommy and Other Mommy.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bowso? Is he related to Browser?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
My daughter just turned 3 so it's virtually impossible to avoid Frozen poo poo at parties, school, play dates, etc. Anyway, enough parenting talk, how 'bout that 3DS

e: ah poo poo, WiiU, meant WiiU, that other thing that people play.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 24, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'm thinking of replacing my Mario & Luigi XL with a N3DS but I'm also kind of attached to it and I don't want it to go :(
edit: wait, this isn't the 3DS thread

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

raditts posted:

I'm thinking of replacing my Mario & Luigi XL with a N3DS but I'm also kind of attached to it and I don't want it to go :(

Are you saying you don't want to

let it go

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo makes the most family friendly games and characters so it is important to get your kids hooked early so you can continue to justify your video game expenses as something for them as well.

Just a couple more years and I'll have a multiplayer partner. If I don't invest the kids in Nintendo characters he's just going to want the cool consoles when he's older. Got to make him a nerd now while I have the chance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why are you guys breeding the climate apocalypse is going to happen in your children's lifetimes

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

raditts posted:

I'm in the same drat boat

Worst thing is, I bought it literally 2 days before they announced the N3DS

I also bought my original 3ds like 2 weeks before they announced the XL. Worst luck.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

It's called Big Hero Six.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Astro7x posted:

You're weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Wii U question I didn't see covered in the op.

Is there a big quality of life difference between the 8gb and 32gb models? Will I find myself quickly running out of storage if I go cheap and get the 8gb model?

• Locked thread