Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

The smart move is to eat the rooster and keep the egg-layers around as long as possible.

Don't the hens produce more eggs if there is a rooster around, though? Or am I making that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Sand Monster posted:

Don't the hens produce more eggs if there is a rooster around, though? Or am I making that up?

No, but it is a common thing that people think.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Binary Logic posted:

The smart move is to eat the rooster and keep the egg-layers around as long as possible.
They probably think that chickens need roosters to lay eggs (I remember a tribe having a debate about that a season or two ago). A lot of Survivor contestants are from the big cities.

I just got back into Survivor and watched the episodes I missed out on from this season. Hoo boy, did Vince make my skin crawl. I'd be amazed if there was ever a creepier person on the show than him.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Well, Genre Bear was pretty gross.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Let me tell you about this specimen named Brandon Hantz

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Let me tell you about this specimen named Brandon Hantz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEVgVFRsdA

That creepshot right at the end is amazing

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

That creepshot right at the end is amazing

:aaa:

I didn't watch this season because I was sick of the Hantz fever. Did anything become of this? Or was it a one-off creepy moment like that dude in Cook Islands? (granted that one was at least funny)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He voted her out for tempting him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Let's not forget Billy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qF7anaUhk

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

aidoru posted:

I didn't watch this season because I was sick of the Hantz fever. Did anything become of this? Or was it a one-off creepy moment like that dude in Cook Islands? (granted that one was at least funny)

Oh honey.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I just learned about Machete Matt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JFXUvkIXms

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Joaquin's confessional about Shirin being a psychopath killing progressively bigger animals reminded me so much of that. Too bad Nina wasn't around to do the "creepy" sign

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

aidoru posted:

That season was the one (of two) where he was most behaved.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

Joaquin's confessional about Shirin being a psychopath killing progressively bigger animals reminded me so much of that. Too bad Nina wasn't around to do the "creepy" sign

awesome reference.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

I honesty don't know why he said that stuff about her. It seems pretty logical to learn how to kill an animal humanely when you're going into a game that you know you'll probably have to do exactly that in.

Joe hosed it up, I don't think Shirin would have.

Joaquin is a big baby and I'm guessing a recruit who doesn't really get or like Survivor.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Joaquin's a recruit so preparing by watching more than two seasons would be too much effort.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Joaquin and Rodney are going to make for quite a gruesome twosome. The douchiest duo, if you will.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Professor Shark posted:

I honesty don't know why he said that stuff about her. It seems pretty logical to learn how to kill an animal humanely when you're going into a game that you know you'll probably have to do exactly that in.

Joe hosed it up, I don't think Shirin would have.

Joaquin is a big baby and I'm guessing a recruit who doesn't really get or like Survivor.

Oh, is THAT why she killed a rabbit? I was actually wondering why. It seemed like a really random and weird thing for her to say/do but she's a really random and weird person it seems.

Which isn't to say that Joaquin's "she's a psycho!" response was in any way fair or normal. I'm sure there's plenty of logical reasons for killing a rabbit. I didn't give it much thought but it did seem like a weird thing to just announce to people.

But if it was literally "Do you want me to kill the animal for dinner? I actually did a prep for the game and killed a rabbit so I know how" then it actually makes complete sense and makes Joaq even more ridiculous than Shirin.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Holy poo poo that lizard covered with bugs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Holy poo poo that lizard covered with bugs.

The crew really gets some good animal shots.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

"Max and Shirin competed for most annoying tribe member. Max won."

Holy poo poo, writers.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That bird just wrecked a crab. I should really watch animal footage instead of Survivor.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

If you didn't find that Shirin story a little heartbreaking you are a real bastard.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Carolyn was struggling trying to find any explanation other than "I don't like you."

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If the Dove Keepers doesn't have a Gob Bluth cameo I will be so upset.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Yes, Rodney, they're called "allies".

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh wow yea that guy with really strict moral code definitely sets off "liar" red flags

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
#bromance

Sometimes I seriously hate media's obsession with fake words. And twitter.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rodney is so in the closet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Can't tell if Rod is trying to ally with Joaquin or hit on him

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TMMadman posted:

#bromance

Sometimes I seriously hate media's obsession with fake words. And twitter.
/
:corsair:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

drat right!

Now get off my lawn! :argh:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TURTLE SANCTUARY!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

If Boston Rod or Joaq win this season, it will retroactively ruin it all

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This is gonna be close.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rodney shoved his rear end right in Joaquins face starting up that first ladder.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mac and Cheese reward! Nice! That's what I'm eating this second

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

You know there's just some dudes sitting behind those targets raising the flags.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Non-destructable targets? Lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jenn rules. :swoon:

• Locked thread