Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Isn't this a great way to damage your ear drums? I used to use a sinus bottle and once squirted water up my Eustachian tube, really weird feeling.

KingColliwog posted:

Pretty much this really. If you don't live in a stupid swamp with really lovely water there's no need to be insane about it. If you go swim in a lake or in a public pool you're going to get 200000x more bacteria in your nose. Using direct tap water isn't much of a problem if you live somewhere with good water and boiling is more than enough if you want to make sure.

Wouldn't the chlorine kill all bacteria in a swimming pool ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Humans will turn even the loving stupidest thing into a competition... Wow.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Maybe, but that isn't the way you're supposed to use one either. You just let the water flow from one nostril to the other. But since that is a stupid competition on who squirts more water into the drum, that obviously doesn't matter.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

88h88 posted:

Humans will turn even the loving stupidest thing into a competition... Wow.

It's actually a viral campaign :ssh:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PCOS Bill posted:

My wife has a neti pot. I tried to use it once and I think I almost drowned.

The neti pot was developed by the Dept. of Homeland Security do desensitize the US population to water-boarding in the event citizens are abducted by terrorist cells.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I thought it was an amoeba?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I did hope. I'm happy now.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Mister Kingdom posted:

A detailed look at the Beatles' appearances on the BBC.

The list of things I want to buy but do not have spare cash for was already long enough, thanks :arghfist::smith:

Still, when my needs and wants and budget intersect, I do get some nice things, like this used 2 TB LaCie drive. And CrystalDiskInfo says it's still good, so far.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

40 god drat posts about water. :ughh:

can we get back to posting poo poo we bought please?

content: new vacuum because my old one died and my dog sheds like crazy.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Scored one of these for $6 on an Amazon sale where they normally go for $25-60 on eBay for my kids birthday coming up. Amazon originally said it'd arrive in 2-3 months but it came in less than 2 weeks!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

From a while ago but these books are really awesome and more people should read them.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

WaltherFeng posted:

Let's make few things clear:

2. The written instructions by the public health care professionals, which I was offered at the local hospital states "Tap water's quality is sufficient, but water can be boiled if necessary"

The written instructions that came with my Neti pot specifically warn to boil tap water because of chlorine and the burning it will do in your sinuses. I experienced it first hand, it sucked.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

black.lion posted:

From a while ago but these books are really awesome and more people should read them.

Yeah, I read them all as ebooks, but they're good enough I'm happy to pick them up as physical books when I see them for cheap. (I paid 50p for it)

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Scored one of these for $6 on an Amazon sale where they normally go for $25-60 on eBay for my kids birthday coming up. Amazon originally said it'd arrive in 2-3 months but it came in less than 2 weeks!

What the gently caress is it? God drat

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
GiS says it's some Skylanders thing :lol:

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

LoG posted:

What the gently caress is it? God drat
Collect 'em all type toy made of solid plastic. It doesn't have any exciting funtions from what I can tell.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It's a kids game. You collect characters and traps in which you trap the bosses when you kill them. Have to have the right kind of trap to get them. This one gets the last boss and you can never find them anywhere.

It's a good way for the companies to get $50 for the game and another $200 in collectibles, like Disney Infinity.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I've been thinking of getting my son that Skylanders thing but he's only 4 so he might be too young.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

LoG posted:

I've been thinking of getting my son that Skylanders thing but he's only 4 so he might be too young.

He may be, but don't make the mistake that I did and get him the Disney Infinity. That game stinks, especially for a kid who is just getting into gaming. There's no structure and they get frustrated or bored easily. Skylanders on easy mode is just a button mash with minimal navigation needed but he will need to be able to do some 3D jumping around and will likely need your help at 4.

Best bet is just to stick to Mario Kart. Let him get in last for a year and he'll come around. I was so proud when my son was 5 and started coming in top 5 out of nowhere.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TraderStav posted:

He may be, but don't make the mistake that I did and get him the Disney Infinity. That game stinks, especially for a kid who is just getting into gaming. There's no structure and they get frustrated or bored easily. Skylanders on easy mode is just a button mash with minimal navigation needed but he will need to be able to do some 3D jumping around and will likely need your help at 4.

Best bet is just to stick to Mario Kart. Let him get in last for a year and he'll come around. I was so proud when my son was 5 and started coming in top 5 out of nowhere.

Yeah, we bought a Wii U this year and we got our daughter who is 6 DI and she doesn't give a poo poo about it at all. She was kind of excited at first because you know, ELSA but that didn't last long. Its barely a game. Saving us bucks on figures though. She loves Mario Kart and 3D World though.

CrispKing
Jul 12, 2008

...but will it blend?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

This is a pro level post right here. I wish I had one of these so hard.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

So how hard are you trying to resist just obliterating random poo poo in your house with it?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I got one of those a year or two back. It has a counter for uses on the little LCD screen.

I think I'm at 20.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
My wife and I got ourselves a pair of silicone rings to wear when we lift. Not 100% to scale.

They're super comfortable and I get to wear a ring at the gym or when doing carpentry at home without worrying about degloving my ring finger. Don't google degloving, btw.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

My wife and I got ourselves a pair of silicone rings to wear when we lift. Not 100% to scale.

They're super comfortable and I get to wear a ring at the gym or when doing carpentry at home without worrying about degloving my ring finger. Don't google degloving, btw.

Did you know that there's such a thing as scrotal degloving?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

silicon cock rings sounds...unwise

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SaltLick posted:

Pretty much all cock rings are made of silicone.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

SaltLick posted:

Glad its not just my mind that went there first.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

It will definitely. I turned a dry avocado pit into dust using one.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

SaltLick posted:

Don't let me get in the way of your lazy dick joke, but do you actually know the difference between silicone and silicon?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

100% Dundee posted:

Last year I paid about $15k out of pocket for dental procedures, this was on top of my fantastic $4500/yr dental insurance. Four root canals, four crowns, one extraction, one crown lengthening and a few other misc fillings/appointments/etc. Once your dentist starts mentioning endodontists, periodontists and oral surgeons your wallet just shrivels up.

Good thing you can claim that poo poo on your taxes.

:stare:

From a few pages back, but goddamn dude. Brush your loving teeth.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Why cant you just take off the ring during those activities and wear nothing?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

:content: new vacuum because my old one died and my dog sheds like crazy.

I just got a new vacuum too. The cats are shedding like crazy and the old Bissel was a piece of poo poo to begin with.

Its a Pro Team 15. It looks really plain but its unbelievably powerful and built to last. It truly does suck.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

I can wear nothing on my finger just fine, thanks for asking. I like wearing something though, and those rings are like ten bucks a pop so I don't see any reason not to.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

zVxTeflon posted:

I suspect that silicone will still let your finger get jammed and really hosed up if something grabbed it.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

bunnielab posted:

I suspect that silicone will still let your finger get jammed and really hosed up if something grabbed it.

Not really. If you think silicone will jam your finger during a deadlift or a pull-up, then you're just being paranoid.

ceebee
Feb 12, 2004
Probably a good way to avoid gym creepers too

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Don't let me get in the way of your lazy dick joke, but do you actually know the difference between silicone and silicon?

autocorrect phone poo poo posting strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Not really. If you think silicone will jam your finger during a deadlift or a pull-up, then you're just being paranoid.

You also said "doing carpentry at home". I have some sweet looking scars on my hand from a tool grabbing me so my paranoia is a bit justified.