Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Just came back to game after a long layoff, just before Craglorn released. I am back to leveling and was wondering if there was any benefit to Vamps or Werewolf and If so, is there a specific class they are most beneficial for. My understanding is Vamps are magika, so Sorc, necro, etc...,and Werewolves are more for melee based classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WW gets a constant stamina regen bonus and only suffers from poison weakness while in WW form.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Scyantific posted:

WW gets a constant stamina regen bonus and only suffers from poison weakness while in WW form.

That seems odd. Are you sure? There seems no reason to not be a werewolf then.

Also, I forgot to ask, add me to the EP guild. (@imperiusv)

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Vendictus Prime posted:

Just came back to game after a long layoff, just before Craglorn released. I am back to leveling and was wondering if there was any benefit to Vamps or Werewolf and If so, is there a specific class they are most beneficial for. My understanding is Vamps are magika, so Sorc, necro, etc...,and Werewolves are more for melee based classes.
Just want to reiterate that all classes can be built however. You can make a stamina based sorc, or a magicka based night blade.

vorpal
Dec 31, 2007

Hi, @GamerGhoul to Ebonheart, please!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Found a male whore in the Eastmarch Outlaw Refuge. Name: Flicks-His-Tongue.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

It's true. It's all true. :stare:
As asked, here's the evidence.

And the best part is the voice actor Zenimax used for him. It has to be seen (and heard) to be believed. :D

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Scyantific posted:

:gonk:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Bob NewSCART posted:

So the servers are up and all the xp buffs are in? Sweetness. Is this gonna be a noticeable increase in leveling speed?

It feels a bit faster to me, but I'm playing on a new character so it might be different with a vet-level dude (I ran up a big bounty on my vr main so I haven't played him much :v: )

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

radintorov posted:

And the best part is the voice actor Zenimax used for him. It has to be seen (and heard) to be believed. :D
I'd like to coax his cloaca if you know what I mean.

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
Downloading this game now.

I played the beta and was really not impressed.

However, after all the latest updates and people saying the game has improved, I've decided to try it. Considering I played through TOR, my bar is set pretty low.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is Grithok/Reggin gonna be leading goons in this game?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Hy_C posted:

Is ThirdWorld gonna be leading goons in this game?

He told me he's leading the GoonTangClan.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Can you respec your skill points and if so where?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Noirex posted:

Can you respec your skill points and if so where?

Yep. Capital city of your faction (always the capital city of your second zone, Mournhold for EP, Wayrest for DC, Elden Root for AD)

Cost is 100g per USED skill point (if you have any unused skillpoints, you won't be charged for those). Same thing with attributes.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Yikes, might get expensive huh? But thanks!

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
Coming back post 1.6 to try it again.

If I want to min/max a PvP archer that can blow people up is Bosmer Nightblade pretty much the best combo? It was looking like that or the Khajiit for the crit?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Noirex posted:

Yikes, might get expensive huh? But thanks!

It was actually more expensive before, because you were charged for ALL of your skill points/attributes, whether you had spent them or not. If you just wanted to reset your morphs, you were hosed because you had to reset ALL of it. Now they made it so that if you want to reset your morphs, you can do just that and not have to reset all your skills.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

eSporks posted:

Just want to reiterate that all classes can be built however. You can make a stamina based sorc, or a magicka based night blade.

Magicka nightblade is specifically awesome right now. I grinded out destro and resto just to try it out and now there is no going back to stamina (at least for now).

Mainly due to this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrNNWzPVbjk

After watching that, checkout the point of view of actually fighting him. It's pretty scary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJnbU9u3aU

Graphics fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 24, 2015

Zzu
Jun 17, 2008
Any way to show a mini map on the actual screen all the time?

Any way to show exp bar at all times?

Zzu fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 24, 2015

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Zzu posted:

Any way to show a mini map on the actual screen all the time?

Any way to show exp bar at all times?
Addons. This is the answer for all UI questions. Advanced UI will do both of these.

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009
Are most goons in a particular faction or spread out evenly between DC and EP?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

radintorov posted:

Man I had forgotten how much like skyrim this interface looks. If that gmg discount is still on I might grab it tonight because I am bad with money :retrogames:

I guess the imperial editions is pretty worthless? I dunno, imperial seems like the most boring of races. What does their gear look like?

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
@Erasmian to EP and crafting please.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I had a go in pvp this morning and it's a lot different now that they've buffed the siege engines. The meatbag ones especially are bastards and you've basically got to just scatter if you see the big red circle. Mega area denial. It seems to have the dual effect of levelling the playing field a bit for low level players who buy an armful of siege cannons, and it also brings people out to try to rush the people operating the sieges more. Haven't played it much yet but it seems good so far

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So the fire balista is basically a tactical nuke launcher now :getin:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Thinking about switching from Vampire to WW since I'm a stamina based NB. Anyone on Daggerfall able to give me a little nip?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

I knew I stocked up a bunch of those for a reason :unsmigghh:

Is the lightning ballista a railgun then?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

Could you clarify what the new siege meta is?

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

Baron Porkface posted:

Curious about this as well, started back up and not sure which of my pile of siege weapons is worthwhile. Also I see that forward camps were removed, so the few I have are apparently all I'll ever have.

Can I have an invite to crafting, DC, and Ep? @bbaxterd

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I just got an official warning and name change because Miss New Booty Phd is too offensive for ESO's delicate roleplaying experience. :jerkbag:

e:

quote:

2.1 You may not create an account name, persona or avatar that is in any way racially or ethnically defamatory, sexually graphic, hateful, and excretory in nature. You will not reference or claim affiliation to any hate groups. Any other names, text or chat that ZeniMax considers offensive is also in violation of the Agreement including the Code of Conduct.

Now I'm not sure if I violated the "sexually graphic" or "excretory" part of this clause.

boho fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 24, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Porkface posted:

Does 8k+ damage in a shot, then you burn for about the same amount.

With the fire pot treb I've been hit + fire dot for about 28k damage in 1.5 seconds. So unless you have a healer watching you, you're very dead.

Scyantific posted:

I knew I stocked up a bunch of those for a reason :unsmigghh:

Is the lightning ballista a railgun then?

Does good damage, no real dot damage though. The "fire" based siege seems to be the best damage dealer since you get whacked for a large amount of health from the bolt itself followed by a very large DOT.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Just gonna recommend GGframes and combat cloud. They're great looking customizable addons for combat text(of all forms) and really really great unit frames

RayBradberry
Nov 4, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
@Mucius to EP please! thanks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tsarbomb posted:

@Erasmian to EP and crafting please.
Account not found

RayBradberry posted:

@Mucius to EP please! thanks
Sent

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Account not found
Sorry, I already invited him, his actual account name is @Tsarbomb

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
I think I'm going crazy. I can't get the FTC mods to show me the buffs I think I should be getting from ym Solar Flare or Reflective Light abilities. I see screenshots with buffs at the bottom of the frames and everything in the mod is switched on. When I try and move the frame I have a PLayer Buff bar and I see debuffs on targets.

Annoying and weird.

Edit: I've just read some info from the guy saying that the in game API restricts a lot of things to do with buff tracking. That is proper, proper stupid.

Sorvah fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 24, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh god that download is terrible, the gameserver barely gives me 3 mb/s :sigh:

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Sorvah posted:

I think I'm going crazy. I can't get the FTC mods to show me the buffs I think I should be getting from ym Solar Flare or Reflective Light abilities. I see screenshots with buffs at the bottom of the frames and everything in the mod is switched on. When I try and move the frame I have a PLayer Buff bar and I see debuffs on targets.

Annoying and weird.

Edit: I've just read some info from the guy saying that the in game API restricts a lot of things to do with buff tracking. That is proper, proper stupid.

I use this one to track my buffs, not sure it does what you are looking for though.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffDebuffTrackerforUpdate6.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ooh, boy you guys were not kidding when you were saying that the launcher is terribad.

• Locked thread