Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

astr0man posted:

lol that it took 2 years for brute to just reimport a source map into go and not even attempt to make the textures look nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRVfeyCd2Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Ernie. posted:

haha are you even a real person,
The answer is: no

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

2 years

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

lol. Please edit the username of the person who reported that post back in

VVVV nevermind

Antares fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 24, 2015

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

deetee posted:

I thought he was just satirizing the language and type of insult that would be made towards such an individual in an actual ESEA game, but maybe I'm misled.

Most of the ironic homophobia and racism on these forums isn't ironic just a heads up.

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

astr0man posted:

lol that it took 2 years for brute to just reimport a source map into go and not even attempt to make the textures look nice
To be fair porting maps from CS:S to CS:GO is an incredibly boring and tedious process. It's almost easier to build a new map from scratch.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

fuckin bruuuuuute

Ron
Apr 22, 2014
word

Ron fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 25, 2015

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i saw that post before you edited it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
is steam broken atm i can't login

e: nm after like 10 tries it finally worked

kumba fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 25, 2015

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

summit are going to forfeit so he bet about $200 of skins against A51

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

trying to jack off posted:

summit are going to forfeit so he bet about $200 of skins against A51

what? so there's another match fixing ban incoming for summit? or did i misunderstand what you meant

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I think I discovered the core chat of CS:GO in a few seconds of end-game chat.

quote:

*DEAD* Baby Gaben : nah tS a bunch of panzys
*DEAD* NO Flex Zone : terrorist campers confirm
*DEAD* TheMrJanzy : anyone trading anything?
*DEAD* NO Flex Zone : gg

symbolic fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 25, 2015

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Antares posted:

I warm up my homophobia and racism every day before I start queueing

If I couldn't be horrible and racist on the internet i'd have to do it in real life where people actually give a poo poo :(

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I hear that drat racist parody of duck tales theme once a day because someone micspams it

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Heads up to my fellow GN/MGs: if you're stagnating, and think you rely on AWPing or body shots too much, a few hours on a headshot only death match server can do insane things for your pistol and rifle skill.

It was like a switch for me, from feeling like a terrible rifler to one click AKing enemy awpers and scoring some crazy pistol rounds.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
I just started playing and I'm experiencing crazy screen tearing/lag/general graphical shittiness. I'm playing on Mac, should I just bootcamp into Windows so I can actually get better/enjoy playing?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I want it to be known for the record that de_mist won by overwhelming majority and Minineo restarted the plugin.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Good Guy Minineo

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Vahakyla posted:

I want it to be known for the record that de_mist won by overwhelming majority and Minineo restarted the plugin.

good

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Loutre posted:

Heads up to my fellow GN/MGs: if you're stagnating, and think you rely on AWPing or body shots too much, a few hours on a headshot only death match server can do insane things for your pistol and rifle skill.

It was like a switch for me, from feeling like a terrible rifler to one click AKing enemy awpers and scoring some crazy pistol rounds.

People who awp are bad at CS.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ephedra posted:

People who awp are bad at CS.

Counterpoint, GuardiaN

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

dogstile posted:

Counterpoint, GuardiaN

heh.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

mcvey posted:

Good Guy Minineo

A True American Hero

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I've barely played de_mist competitive, but it's a lot of fun on a pub. Do people dislike how it plays on comp or do they just dislike it in general?

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I've barely played de_mist competitive, but it's a lot of fun on a pub. Do people dislike how it plays on comp or do they just dislike it in general?

I've never played it, but cs players hate new maps. We picked resort in a cevo pug last night and the whining was incredible. 7 people left immediately. Same thing happens with fire, even though fire is a classic map and the remake is really good.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Norton posted:

I've never played it, but cs players hate new maps. We picked resort in a cevo pug last night and the whining was incredible. 7 people left immediately. Same thing happens with fire, even though fire is a classic map and the remake is really good.

I like classic fire. Played the remake for the first time in a goon pug the other night. It just has too many hiding spots and the layout could probably be simplified a little bit to make it play a little smaller. Also I must of tried to open ten fake doors.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Esk1 posted:

I like classic fire. Played the remake for the first time in a goon pug the other night. It just has too many hiding spots and the layout could probably be simplified a little bit to make it play a little smaller. Also I must of tried to open ten fake doors.

I know what you mean but after a few plays you pick it up. The only door you can open is the one next to A. Old fire was big and had slow rotates. You couldnt climb up ct side mid without a boost and long B didn't have the handy ladder room to get to short B.

Change can be good guys!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Mist with shotguns-only is pretty fun, you guys were doing it wrong

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Norton posted:

Change can be good guys!

"Change" seems to be moving nuke out of the active group. Change can go gently caress itself. :colbert:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
afaik there is basically no hack detection for paid walls/triggerbot in csgo and they rely on overwatch for bans so you guys thinking you're playing vs hackers probably are. :coal:

One of my friends I thought was good admit he hacks and sells accounts and he does it pretty reliably

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I sometimes wonder if my friend does. Internet gaming is cruel.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Akumos posted:

you guys thinking you're playing vs hackers probably are.

I've no doubt there's issues with hackers in cs:go, but they are vastly outnumbered by the amount of people who make hackusations in any given game. Otoh, people have accused me of having a triggerbot so much I'm kind of starting to believe it myself

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Akumos posted:

afaik there is basically no hack detection for paid walls/triggerbot in csgo and they rely on overwatch for bans so you guys thinking you're playing vs hackers probably are. :coal:

One of my friends I thought was good admit he hacks and sells accounts and he does it pretty reliably

I wouldn't trust that kind of assumption, people will accuse anyone of hacking and there's no reason to believe goons are better judges necessarily

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

95% chance that goons are worse on average at accurately calling out cheaters.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bohemian Nights posted:

they are vastly outnumbered by the amount of people who make hackusations in any given game.

No doubt, but there has been a definite increase in the amount of all out cheaters. I've played close to a thousand MM games and up until a couple of months ago, in all of CS GO, I'd probably ran into no more than 10 all-out aimbotting and wallhacking, 70 for 0 cheaters. In the past few months alone I've seen at least 10.

Likely as a results of the increase in players, but it still blows.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Any time CS goes on sale you get a huge temporary upswing in hackers and smurfs. That DDoSy cheat was really widespread a week or two ago but I haven't seen it recently despite playing at 4a frequently when those types tend to act up.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

"Change" seems to be moving nuke out of the active group. Change can go gently caress itself. :colbert:

I feel like I have been playing train just as long as Nuke. I really use to enjoy train matches but I'm unsure on this remake with the bombsite a changes. If valve does what they did to overpass and cobblestone I'll give it a shot.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Train has been one of my favourite maps since I played CS back in like 1.4 or some garbage but the A site on this new one is weird. Just the angle of the bomb train and stuff, but I think it makes it a better map. I think Source might have had the best permutation of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I can't get into overpass. Maybe it's because I haven't played it enough but it seems like arch is such a crap shoot.

• Locked thread