Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
"Set a higher-tier enemy vehicle on fire"

I've been top loving tier for about 20 matches in a row at tiers 6, 7, 8, and 9.

e: I am not sure what I did in the past to set this guy off, but he arced up at me before a single word was spoken or a single shot was fired. Worth note is that his team had several players with equal or better stats.

Other insults included: telling me to learn English "immigrant" (I didn't even typo, unlike him); calling me a pencil-neck immediately after asking how fat I am; saying I am not worth typing to but proceeding to do it for the rest of the match anyway; and my personal favourite, calling me "CHINK" because of the tank I was driving :confuoot:

If I hadn't suggested he better the world by killing himself I would ticket it but I don't feel like impaling myself just to get him as well.

e2: I'm guessing from the way he was speaking and the racism out of nowhere that he's Australian, which means a) he is up first thing in the morning insulting his betters over the internet and b) he is inherently scum and I should've upgraded "kill yourself" to "I hope your entire country gets glassed".

rossmum fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
WoT has the most racist and bigoted community I have ever come across in a game. I blame the retard community managers in WGNA. The confederate is particularly galling seeing as one of our iterations of a goon clan was forced to rename because we were glorifying LGBTA stuff or something along those lines.

I really would love the chance to call them out on it.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 24, 2015

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I do my best to troll REBEL, ROWDY and any other stars and bars shithead clans I see any time I see them in game.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I just remember when our Saint Obama emblem got nuked because it was "promoting a political agenda" or whatever the gently caress.

Crying Lenin and loving confederate flags are A-OK, but Obama? gently caress that guy.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

We need to switch to Sherman on a background of the loving South burning down around him. Doing God's Work.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Steelion posted:

Crying Lenin A-OK?

Father Lenin did nothing wrong. He cries for the future of WoT, and the death of Chair.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Mesadoram posted:

Father Lenin did nothing wrong. He cries for the future of WoT, and the death of Chair.

Chair was on the other day. Said he wanted to check out the game, since he's been playing ships.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rossmum posted:

Chair was on the other day. Said he wanted to check out the game, since he's been playing ships.

Did he get swarmed by 70 people on TS again?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
The WoT Wiki (tm) claims the RU-251 should have mostly HE ammo. Is this tripe or is the 100+ pen of the HE rounds good enough to warrant more than usual amounts of HE?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
HE is poo poo.

Speaking of, I got to see a WTE100 shooting HE yesterday. Hit an E-50 a couple times for like 100 cumulative damage.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Good ol Ross automatically assuming that guy was Australian and hoping the entire country gets glassed. Show us where Tony Abbott touched you.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

^^ Holy poo poo.

According to my experience, only a select few guns should use HE at all: the FCM PaK, the 152 on the KV2, and the 10.5 howitzers on the German and US midtier vehicles. Does this sound about right so far?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Steelion posted:

HE is poo poo.

Hit a rhm for 600 damage with an HE round from my 122mm last night, that stupid mother fucker had no idea what just happened to him.

But yeah probably best not to shoot HE 99% of the time.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Steelion posted:

HE is poo poo.

Speaking of, I got to see a WTE100 shooting HE yesterday. Hit an E-50 a couple times for like 100 cumulative damage.

At least he didn't spend 3 reload cycles to kill a half health Obj 268.

Also the RU-251's HE is quite good actually. The pen is pretty good, especially in combination with the reload time, which makes it very useful when shooting pubbies in the butt.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

rossmum posted:

Gnomefather's gun and engine sound packs

Just installed these and it makes things so much more intense. Don't think I could go back to vanilla sounds now, I think the shell travel roar is the best part, I never realised how weedy the default sound is.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Steelion posted:

HE is poo poo.

Tell that to the Borsig and AMR AC48 i oneshotted in the SU152 with HE

(The SU152 is one fo the few guns HE is OK to use as long as you pack HEAT as well.)

But yes HE is a special thing to use and if you are not sure when to use it don't, use gold instead.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

kemikalkadet posted:

Just installed these and it makes things so much more intense. Don't think I could go back to vanilla sounds now, I think the shell travel roar is the best part, I never realised how weedy the default sound is.

The engines were too much for me--they were too loud and overbearing. I love the gun sounds though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Steelion posted:

HE is poo poo.

I played my E100 for the first time in like a year and a half and it made me re-do my loadout. Mysteriously I ended up with 4 silver shells and the rest (like 22?) HE. Made for an interesting match before I noticed.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm using the War Thunder sound pack. Gnomefather's sounds are too... theatrical?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I don't need no gay sound mods :smugdog:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fat Jesus posted:

I don't need no gay sound mods :smugdog:

Requesting gay sound mod pack. Music by Cher and the Village People, crew voices by Big Gay Al, and Dandy can do all the gun and engine sounds.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Gnomefather's KV-4 engine sound is glorious. It's basically a choo choo train.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Its horrid, like a kettle boiling that you can't turn off.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm on my phone, so no link, but when 9.7 hits apparently we're losing a few premiums. The T14, TOG, Pak 40 and Warcrime Panther are all getting pulled from the in-game store.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

They're also offering a convenient cash-shop bundle of them for fifty-five bucks. How nice of them.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Missing Name posted:

^^ Holy poo poo.

According to my experience, only a select few guns should use HE at all: the FCM PaK, the 152 on the KV2, and the 10.5 howitzers on the German and US midtier vehicles. Does this sound about right so far?

I have never fired HE from my Pak40. Is it even more hilarious than AP?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

WayAbvPar posted:

You don't really have enough ammo for it, especially considering how small the low tier tanks are. You'll do 30 damage to a tetrarch or something and then cry.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Smh. A draw. loving Murovanka. Just a terrible map. After an entire game of bailing out my team, I'm left with the St. Emil (250 hp), while the enemy have the T-150 (110 hp) and the M12. The St. Emil is camping at the back of the map, the T-150 isn't stupid enough to rush in. So I go after the arty who apparently also had the same idea - so we shot each other. And then, for six whole minutes, nothing happened. The St. Emil wasn't moving, I couldn't see the T-150. Some people in chat were trying to bluff the enemy players, giving out the wrong position of the St. Emil. They didn't buy it, obv. And then finally, with two seconds left in the game, they spot each other... and the game ends.

I swear, I think the T-150 may have been stock as well, so the St. Emil could've probably just taken the hit. I hate this map so much.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

WayAbvPar posted:

I might just be rolling higher on my RNG, but on other tier 3's it does a hell of a lot of damage when it pens, or about the same as AP if it doesn't.

Your luck may vary.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alright, I just elited the Grille, have about 17kxp to go until I elite the Tiger I, and am enjoying the Achilles so long as I remember to play it as a 2nd line tank. All in all a good Tuesday for tanking.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Shooting HE out of the MT-25's 37mm autocannon is fun but really ineffective. Which is obvious. Makes some nice explosion effects though on things. Plus seemed to really annoy a Hellcat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Q_res posted:

I'm on my phone, so no link, but when 9.7 hits apparently we're losing a few premiums. The T14, TOG, Pak 40 and Warcrime Panther are all getting pulled from the in-game store.

quote:

*Wondering where these Premiums are going? They're set to meet with the E 25 on a tropical island, where they can indulge on as much gasoline and consumables as they want, and the TOG II* can return to its natural habitat in the sea.
Good joke WGA copy editor. Also next time low tier prems are on sale, everyone should buy the T14 and probably Pak40. The Pak40 is on a dead research line, but it really does something absolutely unique. The T14 is just a good tier five with preferential matchmaking.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Awww I guess I'll do top damage in a lovely tier 8 in a tier 10 game I guess???

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I think I've gotten the T14 for free twice over now. Should probably play a match in it one of these days.

Also the real fun is gonna be when they pull the IS-6.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Hellsau posted:

Good joke WGA copy editor. Also next time low tier prems are on sale, everyone should buy the T14 and probably Pak40. The Pak40 is on a dead research line, but it really does something absolutely unique. The T14 is just a good tier five with preferential matchmaking.

I bought the Pak40 today and got a top gun in my first game, it's a pretty funny tank to play. Luckily I remembered we got given a Foch crew from that 8-bit winter event. I've never played French tanks before and didn't really want to grind up a new 75% crew.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

it was a good game
http://wotreplays.com/site/1737349#sand_river-byezimyannij-su-100

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 25, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Set like 3 tanks on fire tonight, just never while I was driving a medium tank :(

Also nuked a roomba with 128mm of HE, but since it set him on fire and killed him I'm not sure it made much of a difference :V

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Agrajag posted:

WoT has the most racist and bigoted community I have ever come across in a game. I blame the retard community managers in WGNA. The confederate is particularly galling seeing as one of our iterations of a goon clan was forced to rename because we were glorifying LGBTA stuff or something along those lines.

I really would love the chance to call them out on it.

To be fair, PANSY was originally "ISLAM: Muslims for Marriage Equality."

But yeah, apparently an image of Our President and Glorious Caliph Barack HUSSEIN Obama is offensive, but racist Confederate flags and Nazi references are not. :iiam:

Uranium 235 posted:

The engines were too much for me--they were too loud and overbearing. I love the gun sounds though.

Yeah, the engine and turret sounds are way overdone. The gun sounds, especially the "big" ones, are clipped though, and sound like poo poo. "BOOMrumblerumblebuzz!" :saddowns:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I don't know who the Wargaming NA CM is, but I'd like to find out. I'd also like to find out if it's his fault, or if he's being hamstrung by an EP or a VP who likes to tell jokes about jews and negroes at the links every Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Uranium 235 posted:

The engine sounds are way too loud and overwhelming by default, but really neat once you fiddle with the game's volume sliders. Namely, turn the Vehicle slider WAY down.

GF's gun sound mod has some really cool firing sounds and the shell flight sounds and distant explosions are great, but the ridiculous distortion on the higher caliber sounds is really stupid and I got tired of the performance issues it caused.

Been using the War Thunder gun sounds since they were included in Aslain's pack, they're pretty good..