Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ShootaBoy posted:

Let's have some garbage fantasy booking.

I don't think Bryan is in enough of the main events.
I'm assuming he's in both 30 man matches to make up for the lack of Bryan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

reasons they won't do a tribute graphic:
-they don't like to remind people that wrestling constantly kills the performers

reasons they will:
-perro's death pierced deep enough into the normie world that they think the damage done by the above has maxed out and they may as well mitigate that damage by appearing to be a conscientious company

it's my understanding that perro dying trended on facebook and poo poo so my money is on the latter right now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw the news on my Facebook ad bar and I don't follow anything related to wrestling on it, barely ever use and am based in the UK (I don't know if that'd affect it, but you'd imagine it might seeing as it's north american based).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Metsfan is like that joke about economists successfully predicting 9 out of the last 5 recessions.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

Let's have some garbage fantasy booking.

How is it possible to actually make a shittier card than the one we're getting? Like, how?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How is it possible to actually make a shittier card than the one we're getting? Like, how?

Never underestimate tumblr bookers. They're a whole different kind of stupid.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ShootaBoy posted:

Never underestimate tumblr bookers. They're a whole different kind of stupid.

8 30-man ladder matches sounds good to me

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

epitasis posted:

reasons they won't do a tribute graphic:
-they don't like to remind people that wrestling constantly kills the performers

reasons they will:
-perro's death pierced deep enough into the normie world that they think the damage done by the above has maxed out and they may as well mitigate that damage by appearing to be a conscientious company

it's my understanding that perro dying trended on facebook and poo poo so my money is on the latter right now

Instead of a tribute, Stephanie coincidentally cut a promo at the opening of the show to Sting talking about bad dogs. Bad dogs, or, perros del mal.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Under the vegetable posted:

Instead of a tribute, Stephanie coincidentally cut a promo at the opening of the show to Sting talking about bad dogs. Bad dogs, or, perros del mal.

The bad dogs are in la zona de piscina adjunta, Sting.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 24, 2015

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best part of that is Ryder winning the battle royal. Keep the dream alive.

And I thought it was gonna be Daniel Bryan: Poochie Booking

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
New hot scoop from Mets.

quote:

For what it's worth, Samoa Joe told some of the boys at the Queens, NYC show on Friday night that he is, in fact, bound for WWE in April.

It is believed his final indy show will be for WrestleCentre in Canada on April 9th, where he faces Christopher Daniels in the main event.

It is still yet to be determined where he goes, but it looks more and more like he is definitely going to NXT first, as it's Triple H that has more interest in him than Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.

He had to throw in the 'Trips has his finger on the pulse' bit at the end there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Joe is wrestling April 10th just outside of Chicago for AAW.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I-i-it was determined since m-my post on Reddit!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

April 11 at Dreamwave too.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Joe is wrestling April 10th just outside of Chicago for AAW.

edit whoops quote is not downvote

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Some more tumblr brand idiocy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Quality opinions on the Spoony Experiment wrestling subforum

quote:

Nice to know I can continue to not watch WWE stuff.

my rebuttal posted:

Yeah man I hate watching Brock Lesnar have cool matches or murder people

quote:

h yeah dude, I -DO- Hate Brock Lesnar, I quite fully and completely admit that I don't like him, and would sooner see X-Pac as WWE champion than Lesnar.

He is a big giant meat head, SO WHAT those are a Dime a Dozen in the WWE and they will do this thing called "Showing the gently caress up every PPV" unlike Mr. Part Time Champion, and some of those can actually talk without sounding stupid and don't need Paul "I have had the same gimmick longer than John Cena" Heyman to carry them.

Go ahead and enjoy Brock, you have fun with that. All it does is free up 3 hours a week and 3 hours once a sunday for me.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 25, 2015

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

:qq:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

achillesforever6 posted:

Christ, I don't really like Lesnar that much and even I'd never say something as obviously stupid as "He's a dime a dozen meathead"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i was wondering what the asylum had to say

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's a wrestling bubble inside a wrestling bubble.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

That is the cutest thing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That post goes a long way towards proving everyone on that board is trolling each other and refuse to break troll kayfabe.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Christ, I don't really like Lesnar that much and even I'd never say something as obviously stupid as "He's a dime a dozen meathead"
You'll love this one then

quote:

The thing with Brock is, that minus that bit of extra credibility from being the legit fighting champion that he was, you could take his general booking, and easily apply it to Rusev, Cesaro, Big E, or even NXT guys like Corbin (if they ever let him get a moveset) and Dempsey. They aren't already built up, but its not hard to build a monster heel, especially if you have a mouthpiece to cover the mic end (which many big men seem to be terrible at, for whatever reason)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In all fairness, that kind of IS what they did with Rusev, and if they'd had Cesaro go in and destroy guys like Taker and Cena with Heyman crowing about how indestructible he was, I would bet he'd be a lot more over than he is now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They used Aksana as Cesaro's mouthpiece for a bit even though she speaks dramatically worse English than he does.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

While that post is stupid and I'm not equalizing the two at all, I have no doubt that Paul Heyman, given the time and latitude he's been given the last few months, could take Baron Corbin (or any of those dudes) and get him over as a main eventer, in like a month, because he is magic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Yeah that quote wasn't really that bad when I reread it. The first one I posted though has something even stupider than just hating Brock and its the "don't need Paul "I have had the same gimmick longer than John Cena" Heyman to carry them."

I mean seriously I can maybe understand hating Brock, but why hate that Paul Heyman's character?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think he may not realise that's not a gimmick. That's who Paul is. This is the dude that lied his way into running wrestling shows out of Studio 54 when he was like 21.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

projecthalaxy posted:

While that post is stupid and I'm not equalizing the two at all, I have no doubt that Paul Heyman, given the time and latitude he's been given the last few months, could take Baron Corbin (or any of those dudes) and get him over as a main eventer, in like a month, because he is magic.

Which was what frustrated me so much about Cesaro's time with Heyman. If they'd booked it so Cesaro was actually Heyman's focus and actually booked well, it could have been great. But, instead of elevating him to Lesnar's level, it lowered him to Axel's level.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

@535John just wants Giant Bomb's Alex Navarro to give TNA a chance.

Days later and he's still going. Now that's dedication.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Paul Heyman should not manage anyone other than Brock unless A) Brock retires, or B) Heyman turns on Brock. In any other situation Heyman being around is just a reminder that whoever he's managing is not Brock.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"You talked about other wrestling which proves you've been paid to not talk about other wrestling!"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Great White Hope posted:

Paul Heyman should not manage anyone other than Brock unless A) Brock retires, or B) Heyman turns on Brock. In any other situation Heyman being around is just a reminder that whoever he's managing is not Brock.

Yeah this is correct. CM Punk also made being a non-brock Heyman guy work but clearly that's not going to be an issue anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

From wrestlinginc, not Mecca.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Dixie's account spotted. Still clinging to the ankles of Hulkamania, I see.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I would loving love to see Baron Corbin try to get over Brock's 'I can just kill anyone I want and I love it' charisma/aura

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

From wrestlinginc, not Mecca.

I'm pretty sure Sting wrestled his lady match on Nitro and then took an extended vacation until SS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

I wouldn't expect anything of actual quality to be associated with Spoony, let alone his fans opinions on wrestling