Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Kiggles posted:

Gypceros can steal from you. I don't know if those items will turn up at the cat stash.

Chameleos too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kiggles posted:

Gypceros can steal from you. I don't know if those items will turn up at the cat stash.

They won't. There is no way to get back items stolen by Gypceros (or Chameleos), but you can always abandon the quest to revert back to pre-quest status.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I heard that Chameleos and Gypceros only steal consumables, and can't steal your charms; I know the worst they ever got from me is a max potion. No idea about what the cats can and can't take though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cicadas! posted:

e: unrelated, but is there a way to get the hammer that gong lady uses in the gathering hall?

Yes but you need as-of-yet released DLC for the tickets for it.

Takes 2x Guild Clerk Ticket, 5x Brach Cortex, 5x Diablos Cortex, 3x Diablos Chine.

Stats are 1456 raw, 550 water element (needs awaken) and it's Rare9 but you can't upgrade it. Also maximum sharpness is white :( (I have some tickets from trying out the DLC with goons that have downloaded the .jp versions)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That sounds pretty underwhelming

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Yeah, but it's classy!

Rare 9 course ends up excluding it from being a true end game weapon because you can't hone it, not that you're ever going to see a Zenith L gem ever in your life because those loving drop rates

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You should be able to get stolen items back from Gypceros by carving his stupid rubbery corpse.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hmm yeah I'd love to trade a material carve for a chance to get my herb back.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Haquer posted:

Yeah, but it's classy!

Rare 9 course ends up excluding it from being a true end game weapon because you can't hone it, not that you're ever going to see a Zenith L gem ever in your life because those loving drop rates

I thought you could hone rare 9 weapons if they couldn't be upgraded further? Gaijinhunters description of it seemed to imply that anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

From what I understand any fully upgraded weapon from rare 8 to rare 10 can be honed. It's just that the rarer ones take more and rarer Zenith gems.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Cera Cymmetry is only rare 9 and mine is definitely honed.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Zelder posted:

Hmm yeah I'd love to trade a material carve for a chance to get my herb back.

At this point it's a matter of principle.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
You guys were right. M. Tigrex is a chump with a Charge Blade.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Roland Jones posted:

I heard that Chameleos and Gypceros only steal consumables, and can't steal your charms; I know the worst they ever got from me is a max potion. No idea about what the cats can and can't take though.

I'm afraid you heard incorrectly. I can't speak for Gypceros, but Chameleos can and will steal anything that isn't bolted down. It's entirely possible for him to steal a Chameleos Gem you picked up from a shiny, or your Champion/Beshackled stuff found in GQs. Mind you the chances are piss-poor with all the other consumables you have in your inventory, but it can happen.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shagaru Magala is really upsetting me. Using Gore Magala CB and feel like I should not be having much difficulty but I cannot deal with the loving random explosions

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've killed probably 20 gypcerops in the quest poison patrol. All I want are two gypcerops heads so I can make the assault axe. I haven't gotten a single head to drop. I've been trying to break heads with my hammer but it just won't happen. I'm getting discouraged. Every blow I deliver is straight to its head and no breaking. Should I be doing something differently?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Shagaru Magala is really upsetting me. Using Gore Magala CB and feel like I should not be having much difficulty but I cannot deal with the loving random explosions

you shouldn't

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I've killed probably 20 gypcerops in the quest poison patrol. All I want are two gypcerops heads so I can make the assault axe. I haven't gotten a single head to drop. I've been trying to break heads with my hammer but it just won't happen. I'm getting discouraged. Every blow I deliver is straight to its head and no breaking. Should I be doing something differently?

The crest is the part that breaks, and impact damage does 80% to the head so it shouldn't take long to do. You're probably breaking it, but it's still only a 30% chance to get the gyp head.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Did Zinogre get stealth buffed or something? Two days ago I was doing the marathon hunt and I could drop two without much effort. All of a sudden he's doing twice as much damage and takes for loving ever to flinch out of super saiyan. None of my equipment has changed.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Haquer posted:

Yeah, but it's classy!

I mean you could kill apex rajang with pubbies all day!

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

sitchelin posted:

Did Zinogre get stealth buffed or something? Two days ago I was doing the marathon hunt and I could drop two without much effort. All of a sudden he's doing twice as much damage and takes for loving ever to flinch out of super saiyan. None of my equipment has changed.

Did you maybe eat for Lightning Res the first time? Otherwise I don't think he's changed, they don't really do balance adjustments post-release in MH games.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
The masters test can be cleared easily under 10 minutes with the red fatalis glaive and drops 2 to 3 l zenith gems guaranteed. WR is about 5 minutes for reference, so 10 minutes is not some impossible goal (I do it in about 8 on a good run).

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Wildtortilla posted:

It's very easy to tell if the head is broken because it disables the flash. Gyp will still do the animation but it won't work.

Now, if you know for sure you're not managing to break the head, chances are you're probably overgeared and killing them too quickly. Try doing a quest with a single Gypceros, it will have more HP than a dual quest and thus you have more time to break it's head before it dies.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Ojetor posted:

It's very easy to tell if the head is broken because it disables the flash. Gyp will still do the animation but it won't work.

Now, if you know for sure you're not managing to break the head, chances are you're probably overgeared and killing them too quickly. Try doing a quest with a single Gypceros, it will have more HP than a dual quest and thus you have more time to break it's head before it dies.

I think I have the worst luck. I've gotten every gyps to the point of being unable to flash and still no heads. :(

Chumpy
Dec 28, 2008

Nap Ghost
Just killed Cephadrome in C7 for the first time... how the hell could they include this boring Plesioth ripoff and not Nibelsnarf? I almost got carted near the end of the hunt because I was falling asleep. I'm really torn about the monster selection in this game. I'm loving most of the new additions, but how could they leave out Arzuros, Qurepeco, Uragaan, Lagiacrus... and yet we get several varieties of Gravios (and Basarios, same thing), both Yian Kut-ku AND Yian Garuga, etc.

Basically I'd sell my grandmother for a MH5 with all of the monsters from MH3. Except Gobul. gently caress Gobul forever.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i liked gobul. a sand gobul would be cool

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome! posted:

i liked gobul. a sand gobul would be cool

Uhhh... that was Nibblesnarf.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

And nibbelsnarf was awful.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Colapops posted:

Shame cause he has the best name.

Nibbelsnarf.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
His japanese name was even better.

Happurubokka.

Happpppppppppppppppppppurrrrrrrrrrrrubokkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaa

ha*pbbbbbbbt*bokkker

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sire Oblivion posted:

nibblesnarf is not nearly as cool as gobul

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Ignimbrite posted:

His japanese name was even better.

Happurubokka.

Happpppppppppppppppppppurrrrrrrrrrrrubokkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaa

ha*pbbbbbbbt*bokkker

The Happuing

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Awesome! posted:

To be fair no one is as cool as Gobul.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Man, I really need armor with Handicraft or Edgemaster soon or I'm going to be left behind. What to do...

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I liked Nibelsnarf because he made weird dinging noises and had a stupid-looking face. I'm with Chumpy in wishing that he was present over Cephadrome, that guy's a jerk and a poser.
On the other hand, I also liked Gobul and thought he was cool (but underwater combat can gently caress right off).

Haquer posted:

Yes but you need as-of-yet released DLC for the tickets for it.

Takes 2x Guild Clerk Ticket, 5x Brach Cortex, 5x Diablos Cortex, 3x Diablos Chine.

Stats are 1456 raw, 550 water element (needs awaken) and it's Rare9 but you can't upgrade it. Also maximum sharpness is white :( (I have some tickets from trying out the DLC with goons that have downloaded the .jp versions)

Thanks for this, shame it's not an endgame weapon.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 25, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
E: ^^^apparently it CAN be honed so it should work well end game.

Colapops posted:

He was easy for me?

Water SnS solo G Rank kills of like 14 minutes on a bad day, so easy to farm for parts.

Chumpy
Dec 28, 2008

Nap Ghost
People liked Gobul? I would never have guessed. Those bullshit hitboxes, constant bodyslams, and lantern-flash stuns combined with the sluggish water controls nearly made me ragequit when I first played. I hated him enough that I farmed out all of his weapons and armor just to help genocide the bastard (not to mention the swimming armor skill from him was pretty useful). But to each their own, I guess.

I found Nibelsnarf pretty easy and entertaining. Making him gobble up bombs never got old.

Edit: Gobble? Gob-ul. Gobul? Is that intentional? poo poo, I never realized.

Chumpy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 25, 2015

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Finally made it to G-Rank with the help of Manly Man and Kazumi off the IRC. Nice to see His Immenseness again, the goofiest NPC in the world.

Gobul is my favourite monster in the series, He has such a cool design and his little grin just makes me smile.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Haquer posted:

E: ^^^apparently it CAN be honed so it should work well end game.

He was easy for me?

Water SnS solo G Rank kills of like 14 minutes on a bad day, so easy to farm for parts.

Like many of the awful fights in MH, it wasn't difficult, just obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome! posted:

You're out your god drat mind if you think Gobul was better than Nibblesnarf.

• Locked thread