Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

so i saw this today, didn't read it (lmao @ the headline) but looked at the pics and

http://www.gamesradar.com/why-no-mans-sky-will-be-even-bigger-star-wars/

why is every screenshot of NMS so eye-searing? is that seriously what they want the actual game to look like? i don't think i could play this even if it a) came out and b) was incredibly good just based on how obnoxious the pallette is

that is a clickbait article if ive ever seen one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

So does anyone know why Gamestop is buying used PS2s, but they're not allowed to sell them?

Are they building a super computer that will be used to launch missiles or something?

They are building the world's most inefficient Beowulf cluster for mining Bitcoin, 300mhz at a time.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

youre gonna go blind from being such a big homo, actually

actually, gay sex doesnt blind you, just masturbation

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

my secret dream is to pick the game for the running shitposter battle and force everyone into some grognardy strategy game

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I had a dream about Dark Souls last night and I wake up to the news that there is going to be a solid year of RPG releases for the Playstation.

an RPG every month with some months getting more than one RPG.

I'm getting those PS2 feels.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i personally enjoy the bright colors and bloom because i aint gay

I too enjoy bright colors and bloom.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anybody wants these games I don't need them

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition
Long Live The Queen

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 24, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I took Crimzon Clover. Semper Games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I took Long Live the Queen, thank you for your generosity of spirit Jarogue

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 24, 2015

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Your both are welcome

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A Spider Covets posted:

so i saw this today, didn't read it (lmao @ the headline) but looked at the pics and

http://www.gamesradar.com/why-no-mans-sky-will-be-even-bigger-star-wars/

why is every screenshot of NMS so eye-searing? is that seriously what they want the actual game to look like? i don't think i could play this even if it a) came out and b) was incredibly good just based on how obnoxious the pallette is

This looks amazing and that color palette is rad as hell.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I have a feeling No Man's Sky is going to suck just from the hype and pie in the sky promises already.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 24, 2015

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the palette is cool and creative (painting with similar swatches would be really fun) but for an actual game i would need it to be toned down a lot; could probably just dim saturation with sweetfx now that I think on it

bless sweetfx on that note

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Apple scrapped their official universal gamepad controller thing for their ipads and poo poo.

Test feed back was that it was too complicated to use and nobody wants to carry a controller around or have it attach to their phone because it was too bulky. it was about the size of an Xbox 360 pad.

Touch Controls are here to stay and mobile games shall continue to blow donkey babies.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Apple scrapped their official universal gamepad controller thing for their ipads and poo poo.

Test feed back was that it was too complicated to use and nobody wants to carry a controller around or have it attach to their phone because it was too bulky. it was about the size of an Xbox 360 pad.

Touch Controls are here to stay and mobile games shall continue to blow donkey babies.

There are already like a hundred MFI controllers you can use today, but they all blow donkey babies because of Apple's dumb standards, like how every button has to be analog (even the D pad) and there's no support for L3/R3 or clicky sticks or whatever you call them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I took Long Live the Queen, thank you for your generosity of spirit Jarogue

now you're on an FBI watch list :ohdear:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Taint Reaper posted:

Even if they released a controller the mobile gaming market has repeatedly shown that they have no interest in anything more involved than watching meters fill up and then tapping them.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

precision posted:

now you're on an FBI watch list :ohdear:

See this is why I keep warning you fucks about anime

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Right now I think my favorite thing about the Bloodborne circlejerk is people being mad that critics actually, you know, criticized it for having long load times instead of uncritically accepting the developers' promise that it would be patched out at some point in the future.

gay skull posted:

See this is why I keep warning you fucks about anime

Yeah why can't you enjoy a more wholesome, socially-acceptable teenage fantasy kingdom ruler simulator like Game of Thrones?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

Right now I think my favorite thing about the Bloodborne circlejerk is people being mad that critics actually, you know, criticized it for having long load times instead of uncritically accepting the developers' promise that it would be patched out at some point in the future.

Yeah why can't you enjoy a more wholesome, socially-acceptable teenage fantasy kingdom ruler simulator like Game of Thrones?

it was patched out day 1 and only the reviewers had the ridiculous load times

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Your avatar keeps making me think of Perdido Street Station and now I'm daydreaming about a KotORish game in that universe or something

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I had a dream about Dark Souls last night and I wake up to the news that there is going to be a solid year of RPG releases for the Playstation.

an RPG every month with some months getting more than one RPG.

I'm getting those PS2 feels.

Wasn't that more of a PS1 thing?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So is Bloodborne good or not guys

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Stux posted:

it was patched out day 1 and only the reviewers had the ridiculous load times
How ridiculous are we talking, because the load times are annoyingly long for me.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

How ridiculous are we talking, because the load times are annoyingly long for me.

Yeah they're still awful

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

So is Bloodborne good or not guys

Gloodbourne

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got news for you... I show up with Ethers and Potions, I become the biggest hit at the party.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The planet's dyin', Jerry!

The planet's dyin'?

It's dyin'!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Don't you just hate that? It's like, I just bought myself new materia! And now the planet's dyin'? And what's the deal with materia, anyway? It's like, I've already bought the giant sword. And now you want me to fill it full of magical colored balls? It's a scam. Somewhere out there's a materia salesman who's just tricked everyone into buying materia. I bet the magic will turn out to be inside us all along, am I right?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

And I'll tell you something else, I'm not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I'm not going to ask. You'll tell me when you feel comfortable. So what was it? Four hundred? Five hundred? Did you pay five hundred for this? Over six? Can't be seven. Don't tell me you paid seven hundred Gil for this armor! Did you pay seven hundred Gil for this armor? Is that what you're saying to me?! You are sick! Is that what you paid for this armor?! Over seven hundred? What did you pay for this armor? I won't say anything. I wanna know what you paid for this armor! Oh my God! A thousand Gil?! You paid a thousand Gil for this armor?! Alright, fine. I'm walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand Gil for this armor, unless you tell me different. Oh, ho! Alright! I'll tell you what, if you don't say anything in the next five seconds, I'll know it was over a thousand.

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 25, 2015

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Are you still using those materia, George? You don't need that stuff! That's all Shin-Ra propaganda! My friend, Bob Sacamento used a Chocobo Lure materia for a few days and now his eyes are glowing like a Kenny Rogers chicken sign! His eyes are buggin' out of his skull! *points, makes popping noise with mouth* You need to follow the path of the Cetra. My girlfriend, she'll set you up. *opens fridge* Jerry, are you all out of ether?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*Kramers through door*

Well, it's all over with me and Aeris! I don't know what her deal is with those Turks, but I just woke up in the Lifestream... in a saaaack!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

Wasn't that more of a PS1 thing?

Ps2 has more RPGs than PS1.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lmao @ this page

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

*Kramers through door*

Well, it's all over with me and Aeris! I don't know what her deal is with those Turks, but I just woke up in the Lifestream... in a saaaack!
*Tifa walks in on Cloud changing clothes and screams*

Tifa: Oh my God! I'm sorry, I thought this was Red XIII's room. I'm really sorry.

Cloud: I was in the Lifestream! I WAS IN THE LIFESTREAM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*with arms wide open* Saaaaabin!!
Sabin (annoyed he's been caught): General Leooo...

• Locked thread