Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

lol you just got put on a terrorist watch list

I'm former intel, so I already am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FuzzySkinner posted:

it's kind of weird how (mutually) pissed a lot of peeps in pittsburgh were over what happened in 1995.

There were a few assholes I read up on that went "HURR NO THANKS, gently caress DA BROWNIES", but like pretty much the response was this:

1. They've just destroyed the best rivalry in pro football (only Packers-Bears, and 'Skins-Cowboys match it), gently caress this noise.
2. If it can happen to Browns fans? It can happen to anyone.

Also this:

DonteHinter @DonteWhitner
Best jerseys in the league! Hands down! 9 different color combos!

DonteHitner @DonteWhitner · 10m 10 minutes ago
All I can say is that I saw the New Jersey and cleveland you will be proud!

If you think about it this way, Cleveland is a two hour drive, but Philly is nearly five. I've spent way more time in Clev than Philly

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chichevache posted:

No one is proud of New Jersey.

The New Jersey Browns has a nice ring to it imo

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why does jersey need 3 teams?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

The New Jersey Browns has a nice ring to it imo

racist

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Why does jersey need 3 teams?

From a population standpoint, it still makes a lot more sense than having a team in Cleveland.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

we could use another giant HVAC-looking thing out in the middle of a swamp

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
When I think of New Jersey I think of this.

Supposedly this was after Hurricane Sandy but I took the train from Newark to Manhattan once like 6 years ago and I swear it looked exactly the same.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

RVT posted:

From a population standpoint, it still makes a lot more sense than having a team in Cleveland.

If you include suburbs Cleveland is exactly the same size as Kansas City and of course bigger than Green Bay

And you're talking Jersey so of course you're including suburbs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

When I think of New Jersey I think of this.

Supposedly this was after Hurricane Sandy but I took the train from Newark to Manhattan once like 6 years ago and I swear it looked exactly the same.

insanely correct

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Detroit can have sport teams then any other place in the US of A can have a team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

They can.

But the boring Falcons will just volunteer again and gently caress it all up.

God I hope not...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

quote:

Adam Schefter
45 mins ·
Browns and Falcons officials were informed at this week’s owners meetings of the discipline that is expected to be announced next week, per league sources. One source said the discipline is expected to be “severe.”

gently caress Roger Goddell.

No, seriously, gently caress him. He always pulls this poo poo.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 25, 2015

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The texting was wrong, but given that it didn't give the Browns an advantage I would think a fine on Ray Farmer directly would make the most sense

Of course that won't happen

Also I've thought about it more and I am firmly in favor of the attempt to trade a first for Sam Bradford. The need at QB is so big and so important that I'd be okay with giving up either first for a real starter

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

The texting was wrong, but given that it didn't give the Browns an advantage I would think a fine on Ray Farmer directly would make the most sense

Of course that won't happen

Right, this is what smart, intelligent people would look at the issue and do. Why punish the TEAM for the actions of one person? Just punish the person. But of course Roger Goddell is one of those "Zero Tolerance"* assholes.

*unless for some reason you're Steve Biscotti and Ozzie Newsome. In which case? He'll turn a blind eye to any sort of misdeed.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Don't forget repeat offender Roger Goodell, who somehow keeps getting off despite being completely unapologetic

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Roger Goodell lied about the Ray Rice video. I hope there are strong repercussions for Jed York and the Glazers. <:mad:>

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Goodell won't announce the punishment until October and will retroactively take away the Browns' first two draft picks.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Doctor Butts posted:

Goodell won't announce the punishment until October and will retroactively take away the Browns' first two draft picks.

He'd be doing them a favor, probably

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Zoran posted:

He'd be doing them a favor, probably

Never forget, 5 firsts since 2012 yielded the crop of stars known as TRich, Brandon Weeden, Barkevious Mingo, Justin Gilbert and of course Manziel.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is Detroit can have sport teams then any other place in the US of A can have a team.

Detroit proper is still really big and really financially healthy. It's everything outside of that which is hosed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

say no to bats posted:

Never forget, 5 firsts since 2012 yielded the crop of stars known as TRich, Brandon Weeden, Barkevious Mingo, Justin Gilbert and of course Manziel.

Aw, man, does Mingo suck?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chilichimp posted:

Aw, man, does Mingo suck?

Doesn't suck, but hasn't lived up to his draft position yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

So there's still hope. :ohdear:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Flikken posted:

Hasn't lived up to his name

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Sash! posted:

Hasn't lived up to his name

You might say his Bark.... is worse than his bite :smugdog:

I'll just see myself out

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Volkerball posted:

Detroit proper is still really big and really financially healthy. It's everything outside of that which is hosed.

Other way around. Metro Detroit is great, parts of Detroit are great, the neighborhood parts of Detroit outside of downtown are terrible.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Mingo has been good, I think a few more years of what he's done would make him worth where he was picked. He's actually kinda similar to Mario Williams, despite an incredible size difference. He's been really good against the run, in the backfield really often. Then on passing downs he'd be in coverage while Jabaal Sheard blitzed

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He was not worth where they drafted him which is typical of the browns.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
In fairness, it wasn't like the Browns had much to choose from with that draft class.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mst3kmann posted:

In fairness, it wasn't like the Browns had much to choose from with that draft class.

Iirc they had a trade down offer but had to take their guy for some reason.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pillsburysoldier posted:

The Great Ohio Diaspora

Daedra posted:

Jim Lovell is one of three people that have been the farthest away from Ohio in history. He said it was the greatest moment of his life.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

In retrospect, Ohio metastasizing would not be great at all

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Supposedly this week is finally, after so many "confirmed rumors", the week the Textgate punishment lands. I mean Rog himself said so. He never lies.

Anyway, point is, let's all wildly speculate about the "severe" punishment coming. If you believe a number of NFL pundits, the Falcons and Browns (Falcons pumped in fake noise) will be getting royally reamed because they can't stick the Pats with anything to get them on the stupid deflate issue.

If you believe some NFL pundits, the Browns are losing #43 over this, or even possibly #19!

What does seem like a cinch is Ray Farmer getting a multi game suspension and being hammered in the bank account.

I mean honestly, if the NFL did decide to just drop the hammer on the Browns and take a first from them, would it really matter? Not even trying to make a (tired) joke. The Browns are up to their 8th front office in 17 drafts for a reason. That reason is an all-encompassing incompetence that passes from generation to generation.

Chilichimp posted:

So there's still hope. :ohdear:

Mingo is really fast, right? But then he takes the dumbest approach to the QB/ball carrier and then whiffs badly on the tackle. Last year he had a good excuse for not being able to tackle because he played through a rather limiting shoulder injury all year. We'll see if year three is when he takes that next step.

Also so many Browns fans lost their poo poo over this dude leading up to the 2013 draft and then after because "OMG BARK AND DAWG POUND LOL AM I RITE!" and it got really annoying really drat fast.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I don't see how they could take the 19th pick because it's not the Browns' pick, they traded to get it. But then I guess the NFL could really do whatever it wants

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Taking away a high draft pick for texting would be really stupid.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

Taking away a high draft pick for texting would be really stupid.

It's Roger we're taking about here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

According to Schefter, Ray Farmer will be suspended and they will be significantly fined, but no loss of draft picks.

Which seems appropriate.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

According to Schefter, Ray Farmer will be suspended and they will be significantly fined, but no loss of draft picks.

Which seems appropriate.

Browns just got better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most Browns thing would for Ray Farmer to get caught sending text messages while suspended.

• Locked thread