Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Get ready to eat those words cause Faceless Void just bought a Shadowblade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo, that clutch-rear end Hand of God in [A] vs NIP :aaaaa:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Shadowblade-MoM, wispless Tiny, what even is Dota any more

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

HGH posted:

Ok so Shadowblade Tiny is somehow making a comeback?
I am going to say it is because EE realized his draft won't work late game and just wants to stop losing midgame. I don't think it is that bad in that context.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Goetta posted:

Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll

Venge has more games this patch than these two combined but you don't see anyone complaining about her :colbert:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Venge is cool, swapping is fun

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
HOLY poo poo MISERY

Come to think of it, Tiny isn't so bad against 4 melee carries.

Also pros' attitude to Troll disgusts me. Gets enabled for CM, "oh man he's so good". Slight nerf to Whirling Axes, "worthless". And then they buy shadowblade and Meks on him and oh hey look it sucks. But when you pick actual carries and buy items for him and oh hey look he's "broken". Ugh.
And I don't think the attack speed limit change was important, because games aren't lasting long enough for him to reach it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

this game ruuuuules

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm just happy that I get to listen to purge more, the pauses are almost worthwhile.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

MISERY AAAAAAAA

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

HGH posted:

Also pros' attitude to Troll disgusts me. Gets enabled for CM, "oh man he's so good". Slight nerf to Whirling Axes, "worthless". And then they buy shadowblade and Meks on him and oh hey look it sucks. But when you pick actual carries and buy items for him and oh hey look he's "broken". Ugh.
And I don't think the attack speed limit change was important, because games aren't lasting long enough for him to reach it.

The Fervor bug fix was far more important than the attack speed cap increase. It made a huge difference.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The ES play is great. Unfortunately the rest is...questionable...
EDIT: Right as I post this Misery makes the most questionable play.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Classic C9.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

C9 is really bad at dota

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Ramagamma posted:

I don't get why everyone hates on Tobi, guy is super enthusiastic and has a nice accent to boot.

Edit: Also, what the gently caress is there to even say about a CS:Go match.

"He's standing here".

"Player X is now camped behind the box"

"Flashbangs raining left and right".

Boring.

CS:GO is actually the best spectator e-sport right now because of how intuitive everything in it is.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

lamentable dustman posted:

PR is really bad at dota

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Also obligatory Tobi tweet: https://twitter.com/TobiWanDOTA/status/501299821039616000/photo/1

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What is even happening in this game

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Andrast posted:

Judo match

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why FATA

Andrast posted:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Are C9 really doing it because Misery is a god

E: cool I got a rare silencer armor piece for Fata's double kill at the top rax

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004

Goetta posted:

Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll
Troll and Sniper
Sniper and Troll

This minus troll was all my pubgames when i started playing.

Also just because C9 got megas, don't count out their ability to lose casters!

and i as i write that the gg's come out :/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You can feel the caster's fear of the game prolonging.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are C9 really doing it because Misery is a god

it is a pretty good game to be an earthshaker

now that c9 isn't taking these long spread out engagements they can use the aoe ults to their advantage rather than deal with the stupid chasing power of void + troll

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wow, C9 managed to win a game in under one hour.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Another day another support kicked from Na'Vi. This time it is Goblak getting the boot. Sonneiko will be replacing him as a standin for now.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 25, 2015

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That's surprising. Goblak had proved himself a competent drafter at DAC. Even Dendi said that their odds changed after everyone stopped telling Goblak what to draft and let him do his job.

halwain
May 31, 2011
Who is sonneiko?

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

halwain posted:

Who is sonneiko?

Used to play for PR, until now I guess. Navi just steals players from everyone.

halwain
May 31, 2011
That also seems to be a really stupid move if they were hoping to get a direct invite to TI5. (they will probably still get one only because Navi is one of the most known dota 2 brands)

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Writing was on the wall for Goblak when Dendi was drafting for Navi at Major Allstars. Goblak's a competent drafter but he's not a good enough player if he isn't drafting.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
i liked goblak and thought he was a good player. but i guess when you're running with an ego like dendi's, something's gotta give

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

ThePeavstenator posted:

CS:GO is actually the best spectator e-sport right now because of how intuitive everything in it is.

If it had a dedicated spectator vision that somehow showed everything clearly then sure, but as it stands CD:GO spectating and casting relies way too much on watching players' view instead of the entire map.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Zurreco posted:

If it had a dedicated spectator vision that somehow showed everything clearly then sure, but as it stands CD:GO spectating and casting relies way too much on watching players' view instead of the entire map.

Camera angles are the only weakness it has, but broadcasts do a pretty good job of showing multiple angles and it's the most accessible which is why competitive CS:GO is growing so fast. Smoke grenades provide cover, flashbangs blind people, grenades do damage, guns with scopes are long-range, etc. Easy to understand. Competitive Dota requires knowledge of that specific game just to watch it which is why it and league have started to taper off in terms of fan-base growth. So to the experienced player in both games, Dota has much better presentation but CS:GO is so much easier to understand and watch for pretty much anyone.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zurreco posted:

Comp TF2 (don't laugh) always uses player perspective, even though there's a free camera available, for unsaid reasons.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
It's hilarious to hear someone saying CSGO's presentation to spectators is lacking when Dota is still stuck in 2002 with a UI that takes up half the screen and a zoomed in camera with a 30 degree FOV.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Peanut President posted:

Comp TF2 (don't laugh) always uses player perspective, even though there's a free camera available, for unsaid reasons.

It's because watching a fight in TF2 from anything other than a participating player's perspective doesn't really convey the skill level involved very well. You get the broad strokes like "Oh that guy nailed that other dude with a rocket", but a lot of the intricacies are lost. It's a shame because TF2 could be pretty fun to watch, but I don't know if there's a good solution to being able to spectate things clearly while still getting a real sense of the action/decision-making involved.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

RiskyChris posted:

It's hilarious to hear someone saying CSGO's presentation to spectators is lacking when Dota is still stuck in 2002 with a UI that takes up half the screen and a zoomed in camera with a 30 degree FOV.

Casters can zoom out, they just rarely do because it makes it difficult to see what is happening. I partially agree about the UI thing, but it's still important to see most of the UI to know what's going on. Abilities, items, damage/ms/armor, hero hp/respawn, and the minimap all need to be seen to understand the state of things in a dota game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

RiskyChris posted:

Not that the UI couldn't change but you can zoom way the gently caress out in dota2 spectating

• Locked thread