Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Cruz is campaigning for VP imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So right off the bat we know he makes terrible fiscal decisions.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Cruz looks like a Doonesbury character come to life

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Cruz looks like a Doonesbury character come to life

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-4FQAov2xI

If this stupid fucker runs for president the US is well and truly hosed. (ahahaha as if it wasn't already)

Ahahahaha he looks like someone out of loving Doonesbury.

the best thing about that video is that at the bottom it says pretty much "him standing here means nothing at all, he can't block a vote"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politics/bowe-bergdahl-decision-prisoner-exchange-explainer/index.html

quote:

UPDATE 2:08 p.m. - Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will be charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, according to Bergdahl's attorney and a Congressional source.

Good gently caress him

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I suppose they could sentence him to time served.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think all the pandering to the teabaggers during the primary is going to have all the candidates saying awful poo poo they're going to have to walk back in the later months of the campaign, should be entertaining.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sometimes I confuse the names of Ted Cruz and Terry Crews so when people talk about him running for president I get a little shred of hope.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I picked a bad time to sign my life away to the President.

Edit: There's never a good time for that.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Sometimes I confuse the names of Ted Cruz and Terry Crews so when people talk about him running for president I get a little shred of hope.

Camacho/Biden 2016

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fister Roboto posted:

T. Crews 2016

One step closer to Idiocracy

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Zeroisanumber posted:

I suppose they could sentence him to time served.

Don't mean to :thejoke: here, but can time under foreign detention count as time served for sentencing purposes?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-t6AIMSCdw

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Would

vote for

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Don't mean to :thejoke: here, but can time under foreign detention count as time served for sentencing purposes?

No, but the judge can take that sort of thing into account when sentencing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
He doesn't need to be put in jail again. He needs his image destroyed so people don't mistaken him for someone worth praising.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

He doesn't need to be put in jail again. He needs his image destroyed so people don't mistaken him for someone worth praising.
I don't think there's any danger of that. So long as they take away his benefits I'm happy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't think there's any danger of that. So long as they take away his benefits I'm happy.

Wasn't that pegged at being around ~$275K?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I know that he was still accruing pay and time in grade while he was a hostage. I have no idea how these charges would affect any of that. ActusRhesus could probably break it all down.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

I know that he was still accruing pay and time in grade while he was a hostage. I have no idea how these charges would affect any of that. ActusRhesus could probably break it all down.

Probably gets to keep that until a judgement is rendered, if the verdict is guilty the judge may be able to make a bust retroactive.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Probably gets to keep that until a judgement is rendered, if the verdict is guilty the judge may be able to make a bust retroactive.

that would be loving hilarious if you owed the mil like two years of backpay

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

He doesn't need to be put in jail again. He needs to be hung from the neck until dead for loving treason

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Saudis are bombing Yemen. And the Iranians must've failed to manage Tikrit on their own because now we're bombing there in support of the Shiite militias.

People everywhere are useless.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
proxy wars are cool when there's like 5 sides to them

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Zeris posted:

I'm pretty sure you'd already have an FBI voicemail if you were on that list sorry

Haven't followed this thread closely but this is correct. Back in like 2007 there was a guy who killed an army Pvt and some future soldiers outside a recruiting office in Florida. FBI raided the dude's house and found a list of recruiting stations that was like 30 pages long. My recruiting station was on there and I got like 5 phone calls from the FBI in the next couple of days warning me about the existence of a list my address was on.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm kinda glad Clarkson got fired because I was anticipating Top Gear would end with either "Yeah BBC's budget got cut so they're canceling us" or "We're too old to keep doing it"

So Clarkson getting shitcanned for punching some pussy producer is a pretty good sendoff IMO

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duck Dynasty retard writes fanfiction about atheists.

Right Wing Watch posted:

“I’ll make a bet with you,” Robertson said. “Two guys break into an atheist’s home. He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot them and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And then they can look at him and say, ‘Isn’t it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn’t it great that there’s nothing wrong with this? There’s no right or wrong, now is it dude?’”

Robertson kept going: “Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, ‘Wouldn’t it be something if this [sic] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We’re sick in the head, have a nice day.’”

“If it happened to them,” Robertson continued, “they probably would say, ‘something about this just ain’t right.”

I doubt he'll be fired for it. No matter what this dipshit says they'll circle the wagons around him in the interest of the stupid culture war.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
what if there was a duck god and you went to duck hell for being a redneck

what then

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I doubt he'll be fired for it. No matter what this dipshit says they'll circle the wagons around him in the interest of the stupid culture war.

what if the atheist had a gun and he shot the two xtian rapists who broke into his house first before they raped and mutilated his family and penis what then?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What if...what if two Christian dudes got it on?

Oh wait that already happens and the world didn't end. Checkmate duck dude.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Casimir Radon posted:

quote:

‘Isn’t it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged?

So if the Duckers aren't Christian, and aren't atheist, what are they?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

What if there was this guy who had a tv show that morons loved so much that they bought t-shirts, bobblehead dolls, and fake beards? And he just kept getting caught saying every dumbass thing that popped into his id? And what if he never learned anything from these experiences? What then?

Also there's this thing with Tucker Carlson and his brother. Tucker Carlson's website got contacted by a spokesman for Bill de Blasio asking them to issue a correction. Tucker accidentally forwarded her an internal email from his brother, Buckley, calling her whiny, a self-righteous bitch, doubting that she'd ever had a pearl necklace, spoogeneck, and then settling on referring to her as "Labia Face". Tucker says "he meant it in the nicest way”. Not to get all political in here, this is just hilarious

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What if...what if two Christian dudes got it on?

dont stop im almost there :jackbud:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

what if the atheist had a gun and he shot the two xtian rapists who broke into his house first before they raped and mutilated his family and penis what then?

This: only the cat is the atheist and the buttered toast is the WAR ON XTIANS folk

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Why do extremely religious people seem to think being atheist means there's no right or wrong? Or that morals go out the window because you don't believe in god?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
same reason why they believe theres a bearded old man living on a cloud who watches them jackin it so right with a big frown on his face

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

d&d posters are crafting some new gimmick about hating atheists now it's kind of weird to see

like page after page of "actually i'm more worried about atheist mass murders happening because of all the super angry words they write" in the charlie hebdo thread

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mike-o posted:

Why do extremely religious people seem to think being atheist means there's no right or wrong? Or that morals go out the window because you don't believe in god?

Cause the fear of an angry sky wizard is the only thing keeping them from chaining the local neighbourhood bleeding heart to the grill of their f-5500, is the best thing I can puzzle out. No afterlife, no reason to do right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Because Secular Humanism is somehow a lie. Also the Earth is flat.

• Locked thread