Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Whole bunch of these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
I'm just going to require that my gf cut her ring finer off, yakuza-style.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

nocal posted:

I'm just going to require that my gf cut her ring finer off, yakuza-style.

It'd be romantic, you'd do it simultaneously.

"On three, dear, just like we agreed"
"1"
"2"
"Thr-AHAHHAHAHAH YOU DUMB BROAD YOU TOTALLY DID IT"

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
YESSSSSSS (indiegogo campaign). 1.3 million of 2million in 12 hours, things are looking good.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Concatenation posted:

YESSSSSSS (indiegogo campaign). 1.3 million of 2million in 12 hours, things are looking good.

In for $150.
Lets hope the boys still got it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why is it not bannable to post something and not say what it is?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Concatenation posted:

Hot drat, but poo poo Thorny packed on the pounds.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

hmm seems excessive

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

I'm a hipster.

edit: Those are glasses.

I Am Not Spor has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Mar 25, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

hmm seems excessive

It would be perfect. Their next post in this thread would be "I bought an account. Again."

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why are you always such an obnoxious little twit?

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

My wife and I got ourselves a pair of silicone rings to wear when we lift. Not 100% to scale.

They're super comfortable and I get to wear a ring at the gym or when doing carpentry at home without worrying about degloving my ring finger. Don't google degloving, btw.

My wife got us a pair of these last week for when we go hiking, pretty nifty.

My dog has declared jihad on anything that squeaks. Now we just need to sew them into his gutted toys.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

PCOS Bill posted:

Did you know that there's such a thing as scrotal degloving?

I've never been so conflicted about Googling something and the prospect of having breakfast in reverse.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Concatenation posted:

Incredibly surprised to see that movie coming along. I thought it wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Aperture Priority posted:

My wife got us a pair of these last week for when we go hiking, pretty nifty.

My dog has declared jihad on anything that squeaks. Now we just need to sew them into his gutted toys.

How hard is it to get the squeakers out of the air-bubble things? Finding them without that bit is a pain...

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Since I moved into a new apartment I got me some new chairs and a bench for my dinner table.

And a chair for the living room to read books in.

I also ordered a bike since I now live in the city I also work in. So commuting by bike is actually possible.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Incredibly surprised to see that movie coming along. I thought it wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Is that an Eric Stolhanske joke? Bravo if so.

I also never realized that his name in the original could also be taken as a joke about his leg.

(The guy who plays Rabbit in the first movie is missing a foot)

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 14:21 on Mar 25, 2015

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Nettle Soup posted:

How hard is it to get the squeakers out of the air-bubble things? Finding them without that bit is a pain...

They're just clipped in. You can see a slight lip that you can pinch between your finger tips and pull it out.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

TraderStav posted:

Scored one of these for $6 on an Amazon sale where they normally go for $25-60 on eBay for my kids birthday coming up. Amazon originally said it'd arrive in 2-3 months but it came in less than 2 weeks!

They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time it works every time.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Helios Grime posted:

I also ordered a bike since I now live in the city I also work in. So commuting by bike is actually possible.

I hope you plan to add breaks and some reflectors to it at least. Otherwise the thing isn't road legal in Switzerland, which apparently can cost up to 400 SFR. Even worse: If you happen to have an accident you can be held liable and not receive any money from insurance even if you didn't cause the accident.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

bunnielab posted:

You also said "doing carpentry at home". I have some sweet looking scars on my hand from a tool grabbing me so my paranoia is a bit justified.

I think you might be over-estimating the durability of this thing if you think it can jam a finger. We're talking about a flexible, stretchable, silicone ring that fits tight so it adds ~1 mm to the width of my ring finger and can't slip. It lies lower than my knuckles do, so if I've let a tool or an unsecured piece of wood get close enough to touch the ring, it's already shredded my knuckles. You can cut into this thing with a fingernail, to give you an idea of how quickly it'd be destroyed if a saw blade touched it.

I absolutely agree with you if we're talking about metal jewellery because if something grabs your hand a metal ring will make it much, much worse. I have a few scars on my arms from when a piece of sheet metal broke free from a vice, so I totally understand where you're coming from. It's just that a silicone ring is too fragile and flexible and hugs too close to the finger to pose the kind of risk you're talking about.

Sumac has a new favorite as of 15:04 on Mar 25, 2015

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Decius posted:

I hope you plan to add breaks and some reflectors to it at least. Otherwise the thing isn't road legal in Switzerland, which apparently can cost up to 400 SFR. Even worse: If you happen to have an accident you can be held liable and not receive any money from insurance even if you didn't cause the accident.

The breaks aren't shown on the website, they will be added tho so don't worry. Also it's only a single speed and not a fixie, I'm not completely suicidal yet.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Helios Grime posted:

The breaks aren't shown on the website, they will be added tho so don't worry. Also it's only a single speed and not a fixie, I'm not completely suicidal yet.

Single speed in Switzerland? I suppose you will only ever use it for commuting?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Pfff, my calves will be as big as your thigh.

I'll only use it to get around town during the nice months, that don't have snow, ice, slush and rain.

Also, just because I live in Switzerland doesn't mean every town is built on top of the Alps.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Decided to treat myself.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
Next week she'll be here finally. KTM 690 SMC R 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought a new Sushi Radio shirt.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

NyxBiker posted:

Next week she'll be here finally. KTM 690 SMC R 2015

Oh man I've been eyeing one of these up for a while. Really need to get my license... Let us know how it is!

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Managed to get everything for $275 + shipping from eBay. Now I just need some more games...

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Concatenation posted:

I pitched in for it. They made over 2m in one day. Currently sitting at 2.05Mill. drat!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tindjin posted:

I pitched in for it. They made over 2m in one day. Currently sitting at 2.05Mill. drat!

So they're basically on track to blow Star Citizen out of the water for largest crowd funding?

Good cause the first movie was hilarious

:Edit: Also backed, not sure if Canada can use the movie ticket but we shall see

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Mar 26, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sappo569 posted:

So they're basically on track to blow Star Citizen out of the water for largest crowd funding?

Good cause the first movie was hilarious

After they do this, they need to make Potfest.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sappo569 posted:

Whole bunch of these

Any particular reason?

We got a puppy!

Jack Russell Lab mix. She's adorable and my kids seem to have named her Biscuit.

I had dogs growing up but this is our first dog as a family.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

Any particular reason?

We got a puppy!

Jack Russell Lab mix. She's adorable and my kids seem to have named her Biscuit.

I had dogs growing up but this is our first dog as a family.

Basically, investment

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Sappo569 posted:

Basically, investment

Basically an inverted head and shoulders right at a level of flipped resistance testing as new support?

E: also the decline was on fairly weak volume, little conviction. I'd have bought at a volume spike in that are though.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Sappo569 posted:

Basically, investment

proud of u 4 correctly timing the market against all odds :worship:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I put a few hundred bucks into it :goonsay:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

New Pebble watch is at $20 million or thereabouts.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-time-awesome-smartwatch-no-compromises

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I bought an oil change for my civic. It was expensive, but I just needed to get it off my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Echeveria posted:

I bought an oil change for my civic. It was expensive, but I just needed to get it off my list.

How can an oil change be expensive?