Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Macaluso posted:

Speaking of attractive, where is Red :(

She -HAD- been given a starring role in another series, Intelligence, but it got cancelled last year. That's why they cut her role to guest and gave her less episodes. Has also been busy filming two other films, The Memory Book and Dead Rising: Watchtower. Both are done filming.

Funny enough, kind of the same thing happened with Jamie Chung (Mulan), in case you were wondering why she wasn't with Robin Hood and the Merry Men. She got a main role in Believe but that failed and five other films.

But it's confirmed Mulan gets an arc next season.

Also, don't expect Tinkerbell and Dr. Frankenstein/Whale back anytime soon. They're regulars in another show, iZombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ashez2ashes posted:

So where the heck is the Red Queen? Does this happen before or what? Is this 'heartless' Will? (If so, great taste in men Belle). Has that ever been answered?

They're going to say, and I still say that something happened to the Red Queen and that this is not "heartless" Will, but post OUAT in Wonderland Will.

This half season is so much better than the Frozen arc. I think the problem was that their hands were tied to using the actual Frozen characters, instead of doing their own take on the fairy tale. I know the villains/heroes thing is ridiculously simplistic, but I think it will get complicated when they actually find the Author and/or the Sorcerer, and anyways, simplistic is fine every once in awhile.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pan Dulce posted:

She -HAD- been given a starring role in another series, Intelligence, but it got cancelled last year. That's why they cut her role to guest and gave her less episodes. Has also been busy filming two other films, The Memory Book and Dead Rising: Watchtower. Both are done filming.

Funny enough, kind of the same thing happened with Jamie Chung (Mulan), in case you were wondering why she wasn't with Robin Hood and the Merry Men. She got a main role in Believe but that failed and five other films.

But it's confirmed Mulan gets an arc next season.

Also, don't expect Tinkerbell and Dr. Frankenstein/Whale back anytime soon. They're regulars in another show, iZombie.

Mad Hatter is another one that we will most likely never see again.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Pan Dulce posted:

That is where I'd seen that guy before, I knew the lead was Tinkerbell but I couldn't place where I'd seen the guy before.

And no I don't see us getting the Hatter back unless it's a brief cameo like we had with Ariel, limited interaction with only a couple of scenes. The show runners have said they'd like all of them to make cameos, especially those who are already shooting in Vancouver, but scheduling is hard.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

You know who else I'm sad we'll probably never see again? Nova (The Pink Fairy)/Astrid the Nun. She was Grumpy/Leroy's love interest, played by Amy Acker. But between her guest role as the cellist in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and as a series regular, Root, in Person of Interest, we're NEVER seeing her again. Kind of sad. I would have liked that plotline a little more tied up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
At least we still got the blue fairy right? :shepface:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Macaluso posted:

At least we still got the blue fairy right? :shepface:

I am starting to doubt that she will end up being the ultimate villain, as I have always wanted her to be, but I hope that she will at least be part of a long-scale plot by either the author or the sorcerer.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Bunnita posted:

I don't think they'll do that to Emma again, I think it will be more along the lines of him protecting her or bringing him back from the darkness. He'll flip to be a 'hero' and that way making himself worthy or something.

My current :tinfoil: conspiracy is that they brought Graham back to balance out the eventual lack of male characters. After they kill off Hook, of course.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hook is too popular to kill off, I think. And anyway, the creators have already revealed they want to do more Hook backstory in season 5.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Merlinicus posted:

My current :tinfoil: conspiracy is that they brought Graham back to balance out the eventual lack of male characters. After they kill off Hook, of course.

The actor is a bit busy, we'd be more likely to get the Hatter back I think.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bunnita posted:

The actor is a bit busy, we'd be more likely to get the Hatter back I think.

You know besides his Marvel commitments.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Bicyclops posted:

They're going to say, and I still say that something happened to the Red Queen and that this is not "heartless" Will, but post OUAT in Wonderland Will.

This half season is so much better than the Frozen arc. I think the problem was that their hands were tied to using the actual Frozen characters, instead of doing their own take on the fairy tale. I know the villains/heroes thing is ridiculously simplistic, but I think it will get complicated when they actually find the Author and/or the Sorcerer, and anyways, simplistic is fine every once in awhile.
I personally loved the Frozen arc because of that, myself. Yeah, it does suck that they're stuck using the movie as a base, but still thought it worked out pretty well.

Pan Dulce posted:

You know who else I'm sad we'll probably never see again? Nova (The Pink Fairy)/Astrid the Nun. She was Grumpy/Leroy's love interest, played by Amy Acker. But between her guest role as the cellist in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and as a series regular, Root, in Person of Interest, we're NEVER seeing her again. Kind of sad. I would have liked that plotline a little more tied up.
This is why I still love season 1 so much. Kinda sucks in that sense that all the side characters kinda get tossed aside to keep the half-seasons moving at a good pace.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

You know besides his Marvel commitments.

That was my point :). He'll most likely have more free time around those than 50 Shades is going to have. Likely we're not going to see either anytime soon.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Bunnita posted:

That was my point :). He'll most likely have more free time around those than 50 Shades is going to have. Likely we're not going to see either anytime soon.

This guy? He seems not to mind what he gets. A gig's a gig. So maybe, one day, the Hatter will return. As for Huntsman, apparently tabloids were in a tizzy a couple of weeks ago about Dornan considering leaving the 50 Shades franchise because of reservations about the character, some say from himself, some say from his wife. So maybe that too? Although, people with crushed hearts, have they EVER come back?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I didn't realize Graham was the 50 Shades guy. Clearly he was into how domme Regina is.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just started watching this show, 12 episodes into season 1. As a HUGE Disney nerd I am really loving this. :)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The worst part of this show is trying to figure out how old the characters are supposed to be. When Ariel was talking about fighting Blackbeard, it took me a few minutes to remember The Snow Queen froze everybody for 30~ years when she hosed off to the real world. But I still can't figure out the math for how young Regina was around when Sleeping Beauty got iced by Maleficent. Wouldn't SB's prince be like 100 when he finally woke her rear end up in season 2, or did he just kinda stumble upon her one day, 100 years later, and go "I gots to get me some of that"?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

The worst part of this show is trying to figure out how old the characters are supposed to be. When Ariel was talking about fighting Blackbeard, it took me a few minutes to remember The Snow Queen froze everybody for 30~ years when she hosed off to the real world. But I still can't figure out the math for how young Regina was around when Sleeping Beauty got iced by Maleficent. Wouldn't SB's prince be like 100 when he finally woke her rear end up in season 2, or did he just kinda stumble upon her one day, 100 years later, and go "I gots to get me some of that"?
Didn't Philip wake her up, then he got turned into a statue or something?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Predictably, some superfans have assembled a timeline, although good luck making sense of it:

http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline/Enchanted_Forest

I gave up trying to track where things took place after season 2 and just accepted that Rumpelstiltskin, Pan, Hook and Balefire are pretty drat old and most of the rest of them are about the same age. One thing I've always thought was pretty funny is that Jiminy is quite a bit older than he looks, given that he's a good deal older than Gepetto.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Disney should pump millions into an animation budget for the show and then incorporate Kingdom Hearts into the timeline so no one can ever come close to figuring the story out

edit: If loving Ansem entered Storybrooke and worked with Rumple to find Kingdom Hearts to find their happy endings, and Regina & Co had to fight heartless I would literally die. I'd be so happy I'd die.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If they want to make it completely incomprehensible, all they have to do is introduce more time travel.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Irish Joe posted:

I think there are TWO Sleeping Beauties. Aurora is Briar Rose's daughter, and Maleficent did to Aurora what she did to her mother after Regina gave her the pep talk.

Nobby fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 25, 2015

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Macaluso posted:

Disney should pump millions into an animation budget for the show and then incorporate Kingdom Hearts into the timeline so no one can ever come close to figuring the story out

edit: If loving Ansem entered Storybrooke and worked with Rumple to find Kingdom Hearts to find their happy endings, and Regina & Co had to fight heartless I would literally die. I'd be so happy I'd die.

But the appeal of OUaT is how it basically is Kingdom Hearts, but without the dumb poo poo and characters they added after the first game, and lesbian tension instead of yaoi all day err day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

esperterra posted:

But the appeal of OUaT is how it basically is Kingdom Hearts, but without the dumb poo poo and characters they added after the first game, and lesbian tension instead of yaoi all day err day.

Also Billy Zane would play OUaT Ansem

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
The lesbian overtones are a good reason to watch there is xena levels of sapphic gazing at each other longingly

I always laugh when Emma is way more concerned about Regina than she is Hook. It doesn't help that Jennifer Morrison just has zero chemistry with her male costars, she always looks deer in the headlights confused during romantic scenes. I felt that way about her romantic scenes in House too so I think it's just her acting...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Troposphere posted:

I always laugh when Emma is way more concerned about Regina than she is Hook. It doesn't help that Jennifer Morrison just has zero chemistry with her male costars, she always looks deer in the headlights confused during romantic scenes.

"I found my happy ending. Its you."

:love::love::love:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just read the OP. You don't think they would put Star Wars characters in this show, would they? I'm...not sure how that would work out.

Anyway, I kind of realized that Emma Swan is kind of the weak point in the show. She's not bad but she's being upstaged by a lot of more colorful characters. Her only purpose is to just push the plot forward.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Irish Joe posted:

"I found my happy ending. Its you."

:love::love::love:

She just looks so confused!! I like it though, part of the reason I like Emma as a protagonist is that she's actually really awkward and just seems fed up with the stupid magic bullshit her life has become. She's a straight man who's also a magical Disney princess Jesus

I would also enjoy seeing kingdom hearts characters introduced. The dumber this show gets the more I enjoy it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Emma! Rumple! Hook!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
They should replace Belle's theme with the sad trombone sound

Aw dang rumple tricked me again, too bad I have terrible taste in men and never learn from my mistakes! Wah wahn wahn

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Just read the OP. You don't think they would put Star Wars characters in this show, would they? I'm...not sure how that would work out.

Anyway, I kind of realized that Emma Swan is kind of the weak point in the show. She's not bad but she's being upstaged by a lot of more colorful characters. Her only purpose is to just push the plot forward.

Nope to adding in characters. They DID put a tiny homage or two of Star Wars in it though. Look out for that, they're blaringly obvious.

Swan really is upstaged by actors that eat up scenes and fill up space, like Regina, Hook, and Rumple. To be fair though, that makes sense to her character. She's a crumpled sack of hosed up for a person, the foster system screwed her, her first family returned her, her first friend lied to her, her first love lied and betrayed her, after leaving her knocked up in prison, she had to leave her child in the same way she was to give it its best chance. So when I see scenes like the one before, deer in headlights, wooden about emotions with passion, caring, love, in my opinion, it's because she's never had it.

ALSO...

Macaluso posted:

What makes you think they haven't put in a tiny nod already?

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 25, 2015

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Yen Sid thing? Yen Sid predates Kingdom Hearts, he's the sorcerer in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Call me when Henry stumbles upon a Keyblade in the woods

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Troposphere posted:

They should replace Belle's theme with the sad trombone sound

Aw dang rumple tricked me again, too bad I have terrible taste in men and never learn from my mistakes! Wah wahn wahn

*vaudeville soundtrack*
Belle: I'm so glad this Professor from Oxford, Doctor Notrumple, sent us the spell for finding the Author, which he for some reason ensured me specifically would not make my boyfriend's penis fall off! What terrific luck I have! :)
Gold: *turning to camera* ;)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pan Dulce posted:

Swan really is upstaged by actors that eat up scenes and fill up space, like Regina, Hook, and Rumple. To be fair though, that makes sense to her character. She's a crumpled sack of hosed up for a person, the foster system screwed her, her first family returned her, her first friend lied to her, her first love lied and betrayed her, after leaving her knocked up in prison, she had to leave her child in the same way she was to give it its best chance. So when I see scenes like the one before, deer in headlights, wooden about emotions with passion, caring, love, in my opinion, it's because she's never had it.

But she's opened up to Regina, and, through trusting her heart now does joint magic spells in perfect unison with her, and is weirdly dead set on getting her her happy ending, and raises a child with her.... Just sayin :wink:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Troposphere posted:

But she's opened up to Regina, and, through trusting her heart now does joint magic spells in perfect unison with her, and is weirdly dead set on getting her her happy ending, and raises a child with her.... Just sayin :wink:

God I wish the network had the balls to let them turn the show into My Two Moms. Regina and Emma have a little too much chemistry.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Henry would be even more screwed up. "My mom and my adopted mom married each other" along with no girls anywhere near his age in town.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

When Belle and the Knave break up, it's going to be because Henry walks in and says "Hi, new step-step-Grandpa, or whatever you are to me. Just stopping by to do some sweeping up. Don't mind my obviously teenage voice, I'm definitely a cute kid, and related to you somehow."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I always joke that Henry is like seventeen and still in the 5th grade.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He only has one year of his life for each parent that he has (so he's actually in his 20s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
It'd be even more confusing for him because his birth mom would be dating his adopted mom who also happens to be his birth mom's mom's step mom

So many moms!!

• Locked thread