Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Try erryday

i hope the cunts bash up the panthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Segeyaro off for 20 mins. Great if you don't have him in for fantasy!
Maybe the whole game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna trade him in but traded in Lichaa instead

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

gently caress. I have guerra. That's like a 20 point turnaround ! And segeyaro back. Ffffff

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Wow

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Tomkins out is worrying not just because he looks really good this season, but also because our defense has been shambolic when Ben Henry is at centre which may be required again with all of our backline injuries.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Tomkins out is worrying not just because he looks really good this season, but also because our defense has been shambolic when Ben Henry is at centre which may be required again with all of our backline injuries.

We really need Laumape or Hurrell back soon. I'd rather have Mannering at centre and Henry at lock if that's what's necessary.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ferguson looks middle aged

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

We really need Laumape or Hurrell back soon. I'd rather have Mannering at centre and Henry at lock if that's what's necessary.

Agreed, both Laumape & Hurrell are expected back around this week but it's all a bit vague, apparently Hurrell's bone bruise is lingering longer than expected. We really need to make the most of the good fixture run up to our first bye, 7 or 8 wins out of 10 should be the goal but the injuries aren't helping.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Fergo still a hog. Nothing's changed

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
He's talented, he also happens to be a oval office. He's on the right team.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can we just keep the ladder like this please??

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Can we just keep the ladder like this please??

There are some obvious improvements that could be made to that table

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Reverse the order?

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

We release a lot of jerseys and they can't all be good.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Much as that jersey is a hideous mess, I love the 20 years logo for the Warriors.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

We release a lot of jerseys and they can't all be good.

:captainpop:

I'm weirdly drawn to it

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah I like it as well. But they look better on a league player than they do on us.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That thing is loving hideous. The bits at the bottom look like something Lord Bogan might get as a tattoo.

Speaking of tattoos, anyone want a big strong lazy winger who likes easy options, dropping bombs and making bulk metres? Dan Vidot is really on the outer now. http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...i-1227278633812

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
The footy show goes for two loving hours now? I watched five minutes of it when I got home late last night and wanted to strangle fatty and then myself almost immediately

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

aejix posted:

The footy show goes for two loving hours now? I watched five minutes of it when I got home late last night and wanted to strangle fatty and then myself almost immediately

turn it up!!

do they still say that, I havn't watched since the mid 90's
20 years ago...gently caress...

Carn the Tigers!!!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see the basket case that is the Balmain Tigers is still finding ways to gently caress up the NRL team. Now they've lost the lease of Leichhardt, so we get to go through more headaches with the council and the Wests board to make sure we can play there. Bunch of loving retards.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Good to see the basket case that is the Balmain Tigers is still finding ways to gently caress up the NRL team. Now they've lost the lease of Leichhardt, so we get to go through more headaches with the council and the Wests board to make sure we can play there. Bunch of loving retards.

Crystal ball gazing I'd say Balmain are on track to join Glebe and Newtown in the pantheon of clubs past. No assets and no income makes life a bit hard.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Which game is Sydney getting live?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Glenn Stewart seems to be keen on taking cheap shots on Watmough.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Glenn Stewart seems to be keen on taking cheap shots on Watmough.

Think he just wants a cuddle like old times.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'm not used to forearms being part of a cuddle.

Holy gently caress Inglis is a beast.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Inglis is the best

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Channel 9 are being super nice and not putting any games live up here tonight.

gently caress you, Nine.

Watching via Twitter, keep it up, Tigers!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Is anyone anywhere interested/excited in the pathetic handbag poo poo we get every game these days?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Is there a Big Bang Theory marathon on?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Is anyone anywhere interested/excited in the pathetic handbag poo poo we get every game these days?

Nope. Much as I understand their reasons, I really wish the NRL hadn't banned fights and shoulder charges. It's not like the media treat the players as any less of a bunch of thugs (nor are most of them).

e: misread your post, but I stand by mine on the general topic.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bunnies seem a bit off tonight

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

Bunnies seem a bit off tonight

Yeah, they should be all over Parra.

Interesting try there.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hopoate is not a very good fullback, and that was one of the most hilarious attempts at catching a bomb I've ever seen

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Hopoate is not a very good fullback, and that was one of the most hilarious attempts at catching a bomb I've ever seen

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

We were off against the tigers too.

Bit surprised there wasn't a penalty for us after Inglis got ball back over try line and then was dragged back after tackle stopped. Then they penalise souths for "dissent"

Hopoate catch was lol

Folau is a beast. Good on him

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm waiting to see which teams stand up this year; nobody but Souths is looking consistently good right now, and they are looking patchy. The standard of play so far this year has been pretty poor - maybe the amount of football in the offseason affected them, or possibly there's another reason.

Either way it's been a disappointing year so far. Hopefully it picks up soon.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You can be the best every single week mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bunnies certainly haven't looked it the last three weeks. Especially compared to the last few years.

• Locked thread