Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Noxville posted:

I'm not a big comics guy but I read The Long Halloween on recommendation. It was crap.

I mean it's a comic book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It's page 69, you guys! :heysexy:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
The first and only time I've seen myself bald was in a drawing. I was a rad-looking hand-drawn bald dude, and since then I'm constantly looking for an excuse to go full moby on the world.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's page 69, you guys! :heysexy:

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

On my way to work today I saw a car with the license plate "DUBAI69", which was also spelled out on the back window in mismatched stickers. Well that's my 69 story for today.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
If you're driving through Kansas on I-70, you can take exit 420 to get onto Highway 69. That's my 69 and 420 story, so I can reside this in 351 pages.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If you're driving through Kansas on I-70, you can take exit 420 to get onto Highway 69. That's my 69 and 420 story, so I can reside this in 351 pages.

I really wish I had a girlfriend so that could propose we drive to Kansas, smoke weed on the 420, then pull over and have a quick 69 long enough before Johnny Law could sniff it out. But that would require me having the charm to win a woman. And be willing to go to Kansas.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Ya ever do a 96? It's the 69 position only you're back-to-back, and you just have a nice conversation with each other from afar. You're still naked though. It's not a very popular sex position.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

K. Waste posted:

I really wish I had a girlfriend so that could propose we drive to Kansas, smoke weed on the 420, then pull over and have a quick 69 long enough before Johnny Law could sniff it out. But that would require me having the charm to win a woman. And be willing to go to Kansas.

You could hit up Pancho's, its right there off the 69, get some tacos.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
It's been so long since I read Long Halloween that I couldn't remember how Calendar Man was protracted (aside from obvious red herring). My Batman knowledge is mainly related to the Arkham games and the movies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Ya ever do a 96? It's the 69 position only you're back-to-back, and you just have a nice conversation with each other from afar. You're still naked though. It's not a very popular sex position.

That actually sounds really nice if you're both on LSD and masturbating.

FishBulb posted:

You could hit up Pancho's, its right there off the 69, get some tacos.

I'm sorry, that's where me and my imaginary girlfriend used to go. It was our "Born to Run" days. I can't look at that place again, just too many memories.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

K. Waste posted:

That actually sounds really nice if you're both on LSD and masturbating.

I'm sorry, that's where me and my imaginary girlfriend used to go. It was our "Born to Run" days. I can't look at that place again, just too many memories.

You really need a girlfriend. Have you considered working customer service in a college town?

(What I need is a better job so I'm not this hard up find something to brag about it).

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I just heard a terrible joke but I laughed so whatevs:

You know what they call "The Hunger Games" in France?

BATTLE ROYALE with cheese.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Woah, a time traveling joke from 2012.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Long Halloween is alright although the good parts are basically lifted from Year One and other comics (it's sorta a sequel to Year One tbf). Also you see early stages of Loeb's irritating "guest-star every member of Batman's extended cast and do nothing with them" schtick

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Harime Nui posted:

Also you see early stages of Loeb's irritating "guest-star every member of Batman's extended cast and do nothing with them" schtick

This is what I really disliked about it. The first Batman stuff I'd read was Killing Joke which I liked a fair bit, Year One which was ok, then this. It's just an endless parade of villains I don't care about doing nothing but show up to give the fans a nostalgic feeling of 'oh, that guy!' and not having any connection to these character it just felt interminable for me.

e: It's also the last Batman I read and is likely to remain so.

Noxville fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 25, 2015

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ylotd
failed Airbud audition tape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Xj6hvnz80

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
A bunch of you went to Vertigo, right? How are these TCM revival screenings?

aesthetic

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 25, 2015

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hey hey shut the gently caress up for a second

Bruce Campbell to play Reagan on season 2 of Fargo

What the gently caress

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

FishBulb posted:

What the gently caress

Holy fuckin poo poo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo

Right????

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Movie of the year contender right here

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

It's like the essence of my life in a video.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

My favourite is when the dog gets hit with the taco after being on course to catch it before turning it's head at the last moment.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Noxville posted:

My favourite is when the dog gets hit with the taco after being on course to catch it before turning it's head at the last moment.

a gif of that should be the background of this forum

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
That dog is the equivalent of a kid whose dad keeps trying to teach him to play catch, but who keeps wimping out and throwing up his hands to protect his face.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FishBulb posted:

What the gently caress
As in... Ronald Reagan?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Josh Lyman posted:

As in... Ronald Reagan?

the one and only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

K. Waste posted:

That dog is the equivalent of a kid whose dad keeps trying to teach him to play catch, but who keeps wimping out and throwing up his hands to protect his face.

Probably closer to a grown man who can't hammer a nail because he's afraid he'll hit his thumb. Like me.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Josh Lyman posted:

As in... Ronald Reagan?

No the little girl from the exorcist

YES DUH

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So I have an incredibly awkward situation I need help navigating.

There's a video store in my town that I not only really like going to, but is the last one around. I've been renting movies there since I was 12. So obviously I've become real familiar with the owner. In the last few years he's become a born again Christian or something. So now a lot of times he'll be having intense Jesus talks with other bible thumpy people who come in there and stuff. Also now and again he'll just name drop God or Jesus or the Devil casually. None of that really bothers me because I don't find it to be a big. So today my mother was in there and she was talking to the guy and I came up in the conversation and they were talking about some issue I have. So then he starts going on tell my mother that if I accept Jesus as my lord and savior then everything in my life will get better and blah blah blah all my problems are solved. Then he tells her next time I go in there he'll "have a talk" with me about it. Now if we had to have a list of conversations I'm absolutely not interested in ever having this poo poo is real close to the top. Basically I'm wondering if there's any polite way to shut this poo poo down if he bothers me with it.

Also, before anyone goes "Derp netflix" I like video stores and I prefer to support local business when I can so I would strongly prefer to keep going there and also he has a copy of Tammy and the T-Rex that he said I could have.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Next time you go in ask him if he is prepared to meet the lord of creation and when he says yes say Allah be praised

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CPL593H posted:

There's a video store in my town that I not only really like going to, but is the last one around. I've been renting movies there since I was 12. So obviously I've become real familiar with the owner. In the last few years he's become a born again Christian or something. So now a lot of times he'll be having intense Jesus talks with other bible thumpy people who come in there and stuff. Also now and again he'll just name drop God or Jesus or the Devil casually. None of that really bothers me because I don't find it to be a big. So today my mother was in there and she was talking to the guy and I came up in the conversation and they were talking about some issue I have. So then he starts going on tell my mother that if I accept Jesus as my lord and savior then everything in my life will get better and blah blah blah all my problems are solved. Then he tells her next time I go in there he'll "have a talk" with me about it. Now if we had to have a list of conversations I'm absolutely not interested in ever having this poo poo is real close to the top. Basically I'm wondering if there's any polite way to shut this poo poo down if he bothers me with it.

Also, before anyone goes "Derp netflix" I like video stores and I prefer to support local business when I can so I would strongly prefer to keep going there and also he has a copy of Tammy and the T-Rex that he said I could have.

Man, that's rough. All the video stores in my town are long dead, I wish I had the luxury of having this kind of problem.

Josh Lyman posted:

As in... Ronald Reagan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Just tell him "no thanks, I would rather not have this conversation with you" if he brings it up, which he probably won't.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Get roaring drunk and forget most of the ensuing conversation. That's what I did the last time I met a super-Jesus person and it turned out well.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Just tell him "no thanks, I would rather not have this conversation with you" if he brings it up, which he probably won't.

I'm guessing he probably will. I'm just glad that he doesn't appear to know I'm gay.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

CPL593H posted:

I'm guessing he probably will. I'm just glad that he doesn't appear to know I'm gay.

Tell him you are.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Ask him to gently caress

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

You guys aren't helpful at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

CPL593H posted:

You guys aren't helpful at all.

Skwirl's answer is the right one.

• Locked thread